NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

This is hard!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DesperateEmo
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so hard.
Tom
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, it's fun. After many tries (though I completed the last level first time) I finished it in 92.6 seconds Sourire

BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you asked me to parallel park now, I'd just look at you and laugh. I can't parallel park for crap. I also have a hard time just pulling straight into a parking spot. I'm talking about the parking spots that look like a rectangle with only three sides, not the ones with the parallel lines on the left and right sides and a straight line at the top. Those I can do with no problems at all. Give me one of the other ones and I'll have to back up and correct my path of travel every time.

ROFL, look at this pic. www.sheriff.co.st-clair.il.us/sherfprk.asp Rire
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently started doing the real thing (driving first person with an instructor). This game is probably more frustrating because you are more cautious in real life.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bosco
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, so this just in: I suck at driving, and I hit way too many things when I drive. maybe this is way cars in the future will drive themselves... Confused

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That game is not THAT hard Tire la langue Ok, in real life you could "push" the dog Tire la langue

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Want a real parking challenge? Try paralell-parking your manual shift car uphill Tire la langue (any San Franciscans here to share their hair-rising experiences with us?? XD )
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey I've had to stop and move off from uphill and downhill during lessons. just as fun is on the way to our test centre the majority of the time you have to go frum this very steep road. One day I went to move off and didn't have the bite (which is higher when moving uphill) and started to roll back as I took the handbrake off. I started to panic and of course tried to reapply the handbrake and not the brake. Mike what you mentioned sounds like fun though Surpris

superyo wrote:
How to parallel park

You must have the car parallel the the one on the side
Go backward until the rear wheel reach the back of the 1st car
Turn your wheel to the max
Go backward until you can see in the rear glass that you're well placed
Turn your wheel to the opposite side
Go backward until you're parallel
Turn your wheel parallel to the road Sourire

That's it Clin d'oeil

idoodley0181 wrote:
Well done. Superyo you lost me there. To get something I have to either be shown or have it down in pictures. One of our driving schools has accompanying books and the practical driving book has pictures with directional drawings. I drew pics to help me in one notebook and I think I even gave a description similar to what my examiner showed me.

I finally found what I wrote in my notebook with some added bits (sorry if I lose or confuse anyone);

Parallel Park Note: this is for normal parallel parking in countries you drive on the left

Only steer (rapid [I think it says]) whilst moving (slow)

At start of manouvre make sure your left car mirror is inline with the front of the car (you're parking behind) bonnet.
reverse straight to inline with the other car =, then one turn to the left.
Left mirror inline (diagonal) to the back corner of other car.
Full right steer reverse to line up steering wheel with centre of other car.
One full turn to the left (of the steering wheel) whilst moving.
Stop and secure.

Reverse parking into a bay

Go back to a apecific ideal point.
Full left turn of steering wheel.
(if not going into the bay, will be on the left [don't ask, I've forgotten])
One right steering wheel turn (until your left back wheel is in middle of bay).
full left steering wheel turn, until lined up with the bay.
One steering wheel trun to the right.
Reverse into the bay.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idoodley0181 wrote:
Mike what you mentioned sounds like fun though Surpris

Yes it is. Fier The key here is to use both the hand brake and the clutch. You position the car like you would in any normal paralell parking situation, then allow it to roll back (keeping the brakes applied, of course! You don't want to embed your bumper in the other car's grille!! Tire la langue ) Then, when you have to move forward, you apply the hand brake to keep the car from moving, gear first, start to accelerate and disengage the clutch, and just when the engine starts to pull from the car, you disengage the hand brake. That way the car won't roll back. Clin d'oeil

As for starting moving downhill, the easiest and safest is to gear second and let gravity do the rest. Clin d'oeil That gives you better control of the car, because this makes the engine act as a brake of sorts. You just need to tap on the brakes to keep the car moving at a nice, safe, slow speed (say, 30 km/hr or so). Once you're at the bottom of the hill, you can gear third. ^_^ Easy as cake!
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving downhill was what I found was perhaps the easiest of the moving away from stationary manouvres. So Mike what do you do for parallel parking reversing up a hill then?

The board waffler!!
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it works pretty much in the same way. See, the trick here (and in all uphill maneouvers for that matter) is to use the hand brake to hold the car while you accelerate the engine, just enough to let it "push" the car without stalling. The hand brake lets you do the maneouver like this:

1) Apply the hand brake and make sure it will hold the car.

2) With the car held firmly by the hand brake, press the clutch with your left foot and press the accelerator slightly with the right foot; just enough to accelerate the engine a bit.

3) Gear first or reverse as needed, then disengage the clutch slightly, until the engine pulls (or pushes) the car.

4) Release the hand brake as you disengage the clutch and accelerate just enough to compensate, and that's it. ^^ It's really easy when you practice it.

Tip: I've always found it easier to keep my hand on the hand brake lever, pushing the release button and pulling firmly from it. That way, when I am ready to release the hand brake, I just have to push the lever down, without having to wrestle with the release button. Besides, you can have more control of the hand brake that way, should the car start rolling downhill; you just need to pull a little harder from the lever. This doesn't work easily with cars equipped with a parking brake pedal.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo, manual gear box is not hard to use... most cars here are manual geared box and it's ok Sourire I have to admit that I don't think I'd be able to drive an automatic car... especially to park on a hill Embarassé

Moreover, manual geared cars are a lot more funnier Très content

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try telling my mum that which is what I have tried to tell her. She took and passed an auto test in the US easily. When she wanted to drive here in the UK she took manual lessons and although she could already drive a car, she said she could hardly get the hang of the gears and mainly the clutch (someone in my family said that driving an auto is a lasy way of driving). She also had the factor of changing from a left hand drive driving on the right to driving a right hand drive on the left hand side. She failed about 4 driving tests even though as I said she could already drive.

On the subject of parallel parking, does anyone here watch Top gear? There's a clip where they had to parallel park big old Super Cars, with difficulty.

The board waffler!!
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superyo wrote:
imo, manual gear box is not hard to use... most cars here are manual geared box and it's ok Sourire I have to admit that I don't think I'd be able to drive an automatic car... especially to park on a hill Embarassé

Moreover, manual geared cars are a lot more funnier Très content

Probably 95% of all automobiles in the US are automatic. I know very few people who can drive a "stick" (manual gear) car, unless they're a lot older than me, like my parents' ages or older.

My car is an automatic, my mom's car is an automatic, and my dad's van is an automatic. All of my sisters' cars are automatics, too.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I know you love automatic cars over there Tire la langue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: