NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

My grandmother passed away today...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: My grandmother passed away today... Reply with quote

I'm not sure what time it happened, but I found out about the news about a hour and a half ago. had left you guys knowing that everything was clearing up, and that she was getting better and had moved to a rehad place...well, what I didn't post was that she started having breathing problems agains, so they put her back in the hospitol in intensive care again and honestly, since then, she's been back and forth from intensive care and ICU. They had then found out there was carbon monoxide in her bloddstream, so they were trying to get that out of her system. I had visited her about 5 times, all times looking very different, recovery wise. When she was in there for a while, going back and forth, my dad considered that she may be stuck in a nursing home perminently, which she wanted NOTHING to do with. The second the last visit I had with her, she talked how much she wanted to get out of that hospitol and get back home. Though, she was having trouble with the therepy sessions with the nurses. Anyway, the last visit I had with her was two Sundays ago, and fortunitly, everyone from my family was there, including my aunt (her daughter in law). So, we headed out, I gave her a hug and told her to get well soon and that was it....

Honestly, when it comes to situations like this, you consiser a posibility of the person dying - but you honestly DON'T expect it to happen, no matter how bad the situation was. What was weird was that I had called my grandfather's house, just wanting to check up on things (and maybe talk about the 9/11 anniversary, etc) and I call and here my cousin (who's 2Cool answers that phone. This is a shock to me, but I figured they were there just to visit him (my cousin lives about and hour and half from the house). I then go to talk about what a suprise it is to hear from her, and so on. Though, I did notice she didn't sound like herself. But she went on and we had about a 15 min conversation about my school, her work, how things are going at the shore (where she lives). I had asked and she said she and her dad were there. Then, my dad comes in the room and says that he needs to tell me something, but he asked who it was and he let me talk for a little longer. Then, he came in and said 3 mins, so I wrapped the conversation up, ending with telling my cousin, "Sorry I gotta cut you off, but my dad needs to tell me something, and I don't know what it's about...." So, my dad comes into my room and I honestly felt when e went to put his hand on my cabnit to lean on and got real close, i KNEW that it was going to be something major. So he let out the words "Mom Mom Mary passed away today." Now, this is the first time I have ever experienced this kind of lost, so I was new to the whole thing. I remember my heart starting to beat REALLY fast. And all I said was, "oh.." He said something else, then he went to go in and tell my sister. I went to my desk and I felt this feeling that I had never felt before. What was a little humorous about it was that I had been watching the CNN stream of thier 9-11-01 broadcast on the internet, and I was hearing stuff like "major loss" and "casssulties", so I tuned my speakers off and just sat there. THEN, I went to think about what I had told my cousin haning up the phone. She had known, but didn't tell me. So I felt stupid when I said that "my dad needs to tell me something important. bye". I went to my bed and just sat there. My sister who's 11 years old then came in and gave me a really big hug and began to cry. She isn't related to my grandmother because she don't share the same mom, but she was crying. I felt that that was and EXTREMLY mature thing for her to do. My dad later came in and talked baout what to expect in the next few days and what happened (her lungs were not givng her the oxygen she needed and the carbon monoxide was not coming out of her system. Even my step mom came in later (who I'm not close to AT ALL) and had asked if I was ok, and I appreciated her doing that. The thing that made me want to cry was the thought she was up in there withher daughter (my mother). But so many "what if's" and "i shoulda's" popped up but I realize you should not so that. Finally, I know what it is like to loose someone very to you. I had read about what the "stages of death" were, how the people felt when they heard the news, just to be prepared. And here it is. I was just really close to her, you know. My mom had made her and me REALLY close before she was killed and that closeness stuck all the way to the end. But I ache so much inside (not as much as I did before...I felt like couldn't stand before). Death hurts, it really does. But I just gotta remember that where she is now, there are no breathing tubes, medicines with nasty side effect...and she can finally take a full breath of air. it's just weird...now I have my own family death to remember on 9/11.
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear the bad news. Triste

idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sorry about that Triste.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
pink fairy princess
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww I am so sorry to hear about that I'll keep you in my prayers!~

When you can liveforever what do you laugh at?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: