NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

The totally most rediculous thread!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: The totally most rediculous thread!!! Reply with quote

Okay, okay, maybe that was a little bit OTT, but as you're here what's the most ridiculous or stupid thing that's happened to you or you've done. Have you been fired from a job for the most stupid reason they could possibly think of? Have you tried to return something to a shop and couldn't because of their overly rediculous returns policy? Anything else?

I got fired from a job after about a week of starting. It was a completely new store and they were behind in setting everything up. The shelves hadn't even been put up so we had to help with everything. Anyway I was doing shelves, opening and unpacking boxes, tagging and putting things on shelves. I was going to be working in the cafe eventually when the store opened. I didn't even make it that far. Apparently they weren't happy with me because my hair was greesy and my nails were dirty. Fair enough when working with food, but what about doing similar to store room work, e.g. manual handling, opening dirty dusty boxes, etc.? Anyway I went for advice and the advisor agreed with the employers decision Fou. Shows what side they were on Confused.

A few weeks ago I bought an item. I decided the item wasn't suitable and tried to return it and get a refund. The person behind the counter said I couldn't return it because the manual packaging had been cut and retaped and so it had broken the warrenty. Funny, because I never even opened the packaging, so obviously they'd sold it to me as a returned item. She did have the cheek to ask me if I wanted to leave the item there (what you mean leave it with no refund for it? I DON'T THINK SO). Another funny thing is that other places e.g. Staples give refunds for returned items, some of which are opened, used and incomplete on the return. How many items have you found or bought on sale because they are missing wires, manuals, installation/driver cds? That reminds me I need to write my letter of complaint to the Post Office Head Office I keep meaning and forgetting to do!

Something stupid I did one time was changed the language for some reason on my phone, then went into a totally different menu, ooops. How I changed it back I don't quite remember how, but I did somehow manage to change it back to English. I think I must have used the manual or something to help me.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wrote pretty well for semi-darkness Rire

I did something totally stupid a while ago. I was filling in an online form for my brother who was making a deposit into his bank account. I got all of the details right and just hit enter. On looking at it I saw that I used my own name in the name fields and not his Pfff

Since all of the account details matched his name, I made a new form with his name. The day later we got a very confused phone call from them Rire

My life is full of silly things so no doubt I'll think of more!

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it comes from my touch typing days. Nah I wrote this thread in daylight before the bulb fused. I've since moved my lava lamp onto my computer table, but it's not giving me much more light. I'm also getting a bit of light from my monitor. So far I'm doing quite well with the keys, but I can see tham slightly Fier

bearbear wrote:
Since all of the account details matched his name, I made a new form with his name. The day later we got a very confused phone call from them Rire

Rire I bet they did!

I often do stupid things like sticking my foot in my mouth or want a giant hole to appear and swallow me up. I had something stupid happened to me today. When I find something lost property wise I always hand it in. In one week I found a cd player and a couple of other items on the bus. One time I found a purse and another time I found some school work. Today I found a folder and text book. When I got up I picked them up and went to hand them to the driver. As I started walking nearly all the contents fell out onto the floor. I felt stupid and embarressed, so instead of picking them up I handed the book and folder to the driver, apologised about what had happened and made a fast exit. The poor driver must have felt annoyed at having to pick up the folder contents, which were what looked like a load of little paper squares all over the floor.

The board waffler!!
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time I pointed at somebody's knee and said "Are you gonna eat that banana bread?"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i do that all the time.

idoodley0181 wrote:

I often do stupid things like sticking my foot in my mouth.

you can stick your foot in your mouth? huh ewwwwww. Choqué
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not literally. It's just an expression used for saying something then afterwards you wished you hadn't said it.

The board waffler!!
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that old TV and cartoon gag, where the baddies change road signs to confuse other people?? I had that very same experience once. I was driving to a place called Manzanillo, somewhere along the Mexican Pacific coast. To get there, I had to bypass a city called Guadalajara, until I found an exit marked "Manzanillo". The thing is, I never found the exit... So I continued driving (for about 100 extra miles or so!) until I reached a pay booth where I asked for directions.

After laughing heartily at me for a couple of moments, the lady gently pointed out the news to me: the good thing was that I was still on the Pacific coast; the bad thing was that I had almost arrived to a very different town called Tepic!! I had to make a U-turn and drive back those 100 miles until Guadalajara, get lost in the freeway again (I almost took the same wrong exit again!!! Rire ) until I found the way to my destination.

The cause for all this confusion?? The road sign had been taken down, apparently by an accident or the wind, and was not visible. I only saw it when I noticed a mainteinance crew replacing it... and this was after a good couple of hours of clueless driving in that city!! Rire :rolleyes:
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do bite my feet. So can Dil. We alike!
jadeflower82
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I threw a compass at a girl in my art class in eighth grade because I thought she was staring at me. I got suspended for one day because of it. Man was I paranoid back then Rire
~Mara

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
sarah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a restaurant when I was like 10 years old, I thought they said over the PA system, "Smith family, your table is not available," so I began walking to the car because I thought they didn't have room for us. My family was looking all over for me inside the building because the actual announcement was, "Smith family, your table is now available." Tire la langue

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aurora_rose wrote:
(...)
idoodley0181 wrote:

I often do stupid things like sticking my foot in my mouth.

you can stick your foot in your mouth? huh ewwwwww. Choqué

Like everyone ?... no ?... Tire la langue

Surpris @ jadeflower82 -> do not bother this member -> dangerous Tire la langue

Rire @ Sarah : Er.... you got problems with your ears ? Rire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superyo wrote:
Rire @ Sarah : Er.... you got problems with your ears ? Rire

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?

Rire

I'm surprised how good my hearing actually is, even though I've been to a lot of loud concerts. Sourire

bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a running joke between me and my friend that's pretty weird.
Even though we get very high grades in English, our spoken English is awful. We get tenses, grammar, pronunciation, etc wrong.
Both of us on occasion have said "Really not?" instead of just "Really?". We got reminded of the O RLY owl, and the rest, they say, is history Tire la langue

Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love mispeling words... this is something I do everyday Sourire

Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mispelling is wrong ^ Rire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: