NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead at 44 of stingray injury
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RR_Raptor65
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All their good for is to have a short laugh at the cover in the checkout aisle at a grocery store.

Click here to see a list of all my currently released Dinosaur models
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey check out his whole memorial service at Youtube here I found it earlier it isn't the best quality but hey its better then nothing and I was glad to watch it. It is really well put together. So here is the website it should take you right to the memorial video it is an 1hr. long so be sure you have the time to watch it Sourire :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Z7drBmh-g4
Tom
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days ago Sky One (major Satellite network) showed a The Simpsons episode (I think it was "Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens, and Gays") where Bart is watching TV and an unspecified crocodile hunter with an Australian accent was about to wrestle with a crocodile and then Lisa switched it over and when they switched back it showed the lake and a severed arm floating by, then it was turned over by Homer.

huh Too soon?

bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably. No doubt it will get some complaints.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow how sad. I agree way yo soon its only been a month. I still can't believe its been a month already it seems like it happened yesterday.
avaitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
A few days ago Sky One (major Satellite network) showed a The Simpsons episode (I think it was "Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens, and Gays") where Bart is watching TV and an unspecified crocodile hunter with an Australian accent was about to wrestle with a crocodile and then Lisa switched it over and when they switched back it showed the lake and a severed arm floating by, then it was turned over by Homer.

huh Too soon?

Don't forget the classic South Park[Prehistoric Ice Man,or something like that.My SP fanness wanned over the summer,and is waxing back slowly with post-hiatus.] with the crocdile hunter trying to stick fingers up crocs ass.
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woha another stingray attack.

Quote:
LIGHTHOUSE POINT, Fla. - An 81-year-old boater was in critical condition Thursday after a stingray flopped onto his boat and stabbed him, leaving a foot-long barb in his chest, authorities said.

"It was a freak accident," said Lighthouse Point acting fire Chief David Donzella. "It's very odd that the thing jumped out of the water and stung him. We still can't believe it."

Fatal stingray attacks like the one that killed "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin last month are rare, marine experts say. Rays reflexively deploy a sharp spine in their tails when frightened, but the venom coating the barb usually causes just a painful sting for humans.

James Bertakis of Lighthouse Point was on the water with his granddaughter and a friend Wednesday when the stingray flopped onto the boat and stung Bertakis. The women steered the boat to shore and called 911.

Surgeons were able to remove some of the barb, and Bertakis, who also suffered a collapsed lung, underwent surgery late Wednesday and early Thursday, the Miami Herald reported on its web site.

Ellen Pikitch, a professor of marine biology and fisheries at the University of Miami, who has been studying stingrays for decades, said they are generally docile.

"Something like this is really, really extraordinarily rare," she said. "Even when they are under duress, they don't usually attack."
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read about it. For an "extremely rare" occurence, there have been two cases in just over one month. o_O
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its so scary Surpris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: