NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Youtube slowing down on anyone else?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I don't do.

Quote:
the "I don't know how to pay" or "I don't have a credit card" are not suitable reasons... juste like "I can't afford it"

Maybe because I'm not trying to think of a suitable reason. I know it's illegal and there are no excuses. BTW I don't even do it much anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarjar23 wrote:
Well, if you think about it, we may not be breaking the rules. I mean, many episodes (like Hey Dude and Alex Mack) are not offered anywhere else for legal purchase and is not airing on ANY network ANYWHERE...wouldn't it only be illegal if you tried to sell the episodes and collect the purchased money for yourself?

There's a program that I used to watch that has never been released on dvd/video and at one time wasn't even aired until people begged and begged and one network did eventually get the program. However before the program was picked up the rights were still owned by the original channel and of course by the creator. The rights are owned by the channel that has been got the present rights. There has been full length episodes offered free for downloading and shown on different fan sites but they were soon stopped by the site owners or in most cases the creator. People have had their ebay accounts removed due to trading. On the what is called official unnoficial site and forum (they have info from the creator who is also a forum member) there are short poor quality clips on the site. People sometimes post links to where you can view or get full wpisodes but they are soon removed. Poeple have been campaigning for a dvd release for about 5 years but to no avail as no one has been interested in taking it on because they think it would cost too much, where they wouldn't make the money back from the sales because there wouldn't be enough. You were however able to buy individual episodes on the old type reels at a high cost. At the moment the show I think is on hiatus but because the rights are still owned there still no full episodes allowed. The rights are shortly due to expire and the show might never be shown again, but you still wont be able to get the episodes anywhere unless you managed to tape them from the tv for personal viewing. But copyrighting rules/laws say that it's illegal to keep the tapes and they should have been deleted right!

As I've said recently where is the illegal line crossed because I am still very confused. I know you are supposed to blank a video tape a day after taping anything and watching it once. I also think that the rules for what is illegal are very silly in some cases such as you're not allowed to show a dvd/video outside the home in a public place such as a school. So what the majority of schools are breaking the law too? You're not supposed to photo copy a magazine either. I think the rules and laws go over the top.

Sorry I should've said in my message a while back that I was just posting it because I don't want anyone to get a knock on their door, a phone call or a letter stating that they've got to appear in court because there's a lawsuit against them, especially with the rules for copyrighted media and links thread.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil

Last edited by idoodley0181 on Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarjar23 wrote:
I also think that the rules for what is illegal are very silly in some cases such as you're not allowed to show a dvd/video outside the home in a public place such as a school.

Someone looked in through my window whilst I was watching a DVD so I went outside and told them that what they were doing was illegal and they laughed at me so I shot the b^stard.

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copyrights for medias are completely out to date Triste I know what you all mean, I know some rules are "unfair" but as long as no one change them, we got to respect them Triste

few monthes ago, I bought an MP3 on an official MP3 site. I downloaded the song and the DRM (digital right management) and I wanted to put it on my MP3 player and then a message apear : you do not have the right to copy the song ! That's totally unfair ! I bought it legally and I can't use it the way I want Triste

It's one more example... Triste

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I come across something really neat. For any ep or vid I've been shown online, really like, and do keep, and can't buy by any method, I mail a dollar bill to the studio. Problem solved. Tire la langue
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tom
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It IS really slow. I wonder if it has anything to do with it being end of the month?

DesperateEmo
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or that time of the month?
avaitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A period joke.How fifth grade.
Tom
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, harsh.

idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering why when someone says something it always ends up that way hmm, just wondering Hum.... Moving swiftly back on topic, it seems to be working fine to me. I've just seen an amazing parking movie, which just makes me envious that I can't parallel park nor reverse properly Pleure.

The board waffler!!
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as a quote from their site "OK. We admit it. We're fixing stuff, but we'll be up soon." and then this "In the meantime, please enjoy a layman's explanation of our website..." and a pic of how it works. Wonder how long that will be then.

The board waffler!!
pink fairy princess
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only reason I ever go to Youtube is to watch this guy perform Koichi domoto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM6v-7pVx-4

heavy sigh but hes awesome!!!

When you can liveforever what do you laugh at?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: