NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Really annoying and irretating.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jadeflower82
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister just turned twenty one last Thrusday, but sometimes the way she acts she seems like she's still nine. She does so much complaining, harping, and nagging that even my mom doesn't want her around that much. It always seems like they get into a tiff when she comes around. Problem is, she thinks she's always right, even when she's obviously not. Very stubburn girl she be. Fou

To add to the list:
-people wh want to you to only see from their perspective, like the same things they do, and if you don't they try to shove their beliefs down your throat. Occured recently on a Kim Possible board. Some of the poster keep trying to force the Kim/Ron shipping thing on me, even though I have openly said I don't ship that and the reasons why. Some people Confused
-the fish that took a swim down the drain when I was cleaning out the bowl. I was dumping the water, and the fish went with it. Feu I wasn't intending to do that; the fish made here mind up and did it on her own. Geez...
-people debate a topic not knowing all the facts (other mb issue, one based on vegetarian/mneat eating, and is it moral or immoral?)
-lil sis poppoing whenever she wants, not giving any notice before showing up. She's been doing this frequently, and it's starting to get on my nerves
-my mom's procrastinating
-metro system drastically changing the bus routes when the original routes were just fine
-seroquel, the drug from hell
-the state the entertainment business is in today (shows that are purely trash get the rating, while decent shows get paid no mind)
-reality TV shows taking over
-get stuck watching Nanny 911/Wife Swap on TV, even though much better programming is on at that particular moment
-freaky Wisconsin weather (blue skies one moment, threats of tornadoes the next)

That should be enough for now Clin d'oeil
~Mara

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
RR_Raptor65
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people don't know computer annoyances till you try to work in Steam.
It deserves its own annoyance list...

When I go to compile a texture, it ALWAYS puts the texture in the same spot, meaning you have to go track it down, copy it and go put it where its supposed to be (Since its buried all the way in the HL2 game folder).

Oh, and the same compiler doesn't bother to make a .VMT file, you have to go do it by hand.

Doesn't work when the internet goes down, despite the fact that you start it in offline mode, it tells you that it can't connect to the internet, and therefore can't start in OFFLINE mode... Feu

The physics compiler always has to go and screw up your physics meshes so they don't work!

The bone constraints are almost never read correctly by the engine.

Oh, and god forbid that HL2 be completly brought to its knees by a 6 pound, 3 foot long lizard! That would just be sad... Pfff

Why do they make the game crash when you use more than 24 joints? I don't know... stupidity perhaps.

Then, when you FINALLY get the model to work, and go to load a map to test it, it freezes for a half hour, only to tell you that there was a connection error... well no ****, I could have told you that the second the loading bar stopped at "Sending Client Info"...

But, despite all these common issues, I manage to make these:
http://www.modelsource65.com/dinosaurs.html

Click here to see a list of all my currently released Dinosaur models
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of these are from past experiences. They include:

People who think they are better than everyone else. People who look down on others.
Snotty people.
Snouty people who want to know everything about everyone and their business all the time. Oh and gossips.
People who are 'expert' and think they know everything but don't know anything about anything they're talking about. The ones that have also been everywhere you have or talk about, done everything, have got or have had whatever you have including illnesses even though you talk about a totally made up illness that don't even exist they have it. In otherwords exagerators.
On the subject of exagerators people who live in fantasy land and can't seem to distinguish fact from fiction - they always tell you a story which they are convinced is true and you know isn't.
Those who think they're always right and know more than you and will argue with me even though I know they're wrong and I'm right and can prove it and they can't. E.g. an event that has happened in the past and they say it hasn't or a way I know how to do something and they 'know it's another way' even though we all know it would be wrong.
At work other bossy assistants to everyone else and they're not even in charge.
Favourtism at work especially from a supervisor to a lazy co-worker.
Lazy supervisors and managers, especially those who don't like to get their hands dirty and muck in. One place I where I worked Sundays in the cafe of a department store there was a Sunday Supervisor and another assistant and I remember the assistant telling one day that she never even wanted to work in the cafe from the start and she wanted to work in one of the clothes department. Anyway she was really lazy and a sort of snob and our supervisor would get me to do something usually whilst I was in the middle of a job and not tell the other worker. The other worker used to stand around at the till doing nothing and the supervisor would say nothing but if I stood for a couple of minutes I'd get choked off for it. Also the supervisor and of course the other assistant didn't like to get their hands dirty and I would have to do most of the cleaning and dirty work. Also the assistant would sit on the counters and the supervisor wouldn't say anything to her. I was glad when the pther assistant left. Also there was a Saturday girl and she would get moaned at a lot from the supervisor and asked to do a lot of cleaning.

Other things include back stabbing/biting, yes I hold my hands up to say I am also guilty but it's usually in a complaint about something that has happened or about a lazy person. Not just to be nasty and stir things like some people do.
Teachers/tutors that look down on you becuse you don't meet their expectations, but wont give you any support to help you.

In response to raptor my previous OS was not far behind though. Actually I don't think I've ever had an OS that has never failed. My last one I have a list of error and problem screencaps which is quite big. It was W98, but not as bad as when I had ME and even worse was when I had XP which got a bug/error and would freeze 9 times out of 10 before it even started. Or it would start maybe every 3-4 days or so. Anway on 98 my system was so badly damaged that when I tried to put XP on it I got a message saying that there was a file missing and so I couldn't. My dad's friend who's a pc expert said that he hadn't hardly seem a computer that was that badly damaged and he couldn't fix it. I did at one time have a unstable slightly working pc but then I thought if I format my c drive I'll be able to do a clean install. I couldn't because I didn't format it right, where you keep certain files and so I had nothing at all. He did manage to sort it out and put 2K on it, which so far has been fine apart from one slight thing. Also I thought I'd try and see if I can try and use my secondary drive as it had previously been a primary master. My dad took everything out and rearranged things, but hadn't put everything back. I turned on and nothing of course and noticed something wasn't put back in. All of a sudden I smelt real strong burning and when my dad's friend had taken and brought it back I found out my dad had put the memory chip in the wrong way or something which was probably the cause of the burning smell as it had burnt out. Either that or a bit of dust in the power pack as when I shone a torch in the power pack you couldn't see past the fan for the dust.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
RR_Raptor65
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can relate to most of that, I was at an SCA fighting practice to meet some of the fighters and get tips on armour. One of the guys was set up as a 'Roman', wearing an Attic style helmet (Reserved for Generals, Commanders, Praetorians, Emporers, ect). He also had on a leather Lorica Muscleata (Muscled Armour), when the Romans NEVER used leather for ANY armour at all (The Passion of the Christ is completly wrong in more than just the armour, the Romans wouldn't have even been Romans! They would have been Auxillia wearing chain maille and they probably would have been Germanian, or Gallic, or Spanish.).

So there he was, telling me my shield wasn't authentic, that it was built wrong because some idiotic professor who glanced at a rotten piece of scrap plywood with waterlogged leather and half-disolved metal hardware said so in a book.

Then there was this guy (Not in the SCA), who I was talking to about WWII, he claimed that the Germans were complete cowards and ran from American GIs whenever they saw them, that the GIs killed thousands of Germans per a hundred GIs. I told him off and said the Germans were excellent soldiers, and that we were lucky to win WWII in the first place, and if it wasn't for the British and Russians, we would have been the target. But nooo... the British were too busy dying and the Russians were running at machinegun nests like fools. Now, any history book will tell you the Russians were not only hard fighters, but they were actually the first to Berlin, and were the direct cause of Hitler's decision to commit suicide. This he refused to belive, of course the AMERICANS were the first to Berlin, and they killed every German soldier there. This was the first and last time I talked to this idiot.

On to the Creationists... these guys are not only annoying, their are down right stupid, better yet, insane. They are loudmouth lunatics with keyboards and Photoshop pictures of Dinosaurs and Nessie. They promote the falsehood that the Earth is less than 10,000 years old, and that the Dinosaurs lived in Eden with Adam and Eve, only to be killed by the Great flood later on. But wait, it gets better, some Dinosaurs are still alive today! And the theory of evolution is not only wrong, its a gate to hell for anyone who says otherwise! A visit to ANY Creationist website is bound to have pictures of unrecognizable rotting carcasses, usually of Basking sharks, when tend to look ALOT like extinct marine reptiles when they've been sufficiently rotten. The main 'evidence' for living marine reptiles is the Zuiyo-maru carcass. It has been proven that this was a basking shark, no doubt. Yet the Creationists continue to parade this dead shark around as if it was a holy relic from their delusional minds, citing it as evidence against evolution.

One night, after reading a short article on a Creationist website, I commented on its sheer stupidity to a friend on MSN, he asked me what I was, an 'Evolutionist' or a 'Creationist'. I said 'neither', he said he was an Evolutionist, I told him that was also wrong, which he promtly asked, 'why?'. To which I replied "Being an Evolutionist is one thing, believing in Evolution is another... but part of it is just branding yourself as a specific group like they do."

Click here to see a list of all my currently released Dinosaur models
jadeflower82
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR_Raptor65 wrote:

On to the Creationists... these guys are not only annoying, their are down right stupid, better yet, insane. They are loudmouth lunatics with keyboards and Photoshop pictures of Dinosaurs and Nessie. They promote the falsehood that the Earth is less than 10,000 years old, and that the Dinosaurs lived in Eden with Adam and Eve, only to be killed by the Great flood later on. But wait, it gets better, some Dinosaurs are still alive today! And the theory of evolution is not only wrong, its a gate to hell for anyone who says otherwise! A visit to ANY Creationist website is bound to have pictures of unrecognizable rotting carcasses, usually of Basking sharks, when tend to look ALOT like extinct marine reptiles when they've been sufficiently rotten. The main 'evidence' for living marine reptiles is the Zuiyo-maru carcass. It has been proven that this was a basking shark, no doubt. Yet the Creationists continue to parade this dead shark around as if it was a holy relic from their delusional minds, citing it as evidence against evolution.

One night, after reading a short article on a Creationist website, I commented on its sheer stupidity to a friend on MSN, he asked me what I was, an 'Evolutionist' or a 'Creationist'. I said 'neither', he said he was an Evolutionist, I told him that was also wrong, which he promtly asked, 'why?'. To which I replied "Being an Evolutionist is one thing, believing in Evolution is another... but part of it is just branding yourself as a specific group like they do."

That's why I'm not deeply religious. There's really not that much in the Bible of that sort that I can believe in. The Adam and Eve theory is totally illogical (we'd all be albinos if it wasn't; two people could nver populate the planet with up to 6 billion people w/o something seriously going wrong with the genetics. Plus, the two were claimed to have only sons, and the possibilitires with that are kind of...disgusting), and Noah's Ark seems farfetched on a global level that they claimed it was (one boat, two of every animal, 40 days/40 nights=death by predators, no chances that all those animals could fit on that barge, 2 of every animal???? Same theory that applied to Adam/Eve, earth covered in water for 40 days/nights---where did the water go?? How did civilization get back to normal so quickly7??). Plus, I'm more of one in touch with nature, not strongely attached to human superiority on this planet. Plus, I like4 to believe life exists outside this planet--outside this solare system.

So not into the "creationist" theory. Science can prove the theories of evolution with conclusive, solid evidence. Creationist....well, their theories came from a book that was written a long time ago, and could very well be out of date and partially falsified, considering that no one has been determined to be the sole author of authenticity. The history of it is kind of vague. Hard to believe in something like that Confused
~Mara

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jadeflower82 wrote:
-how they make such a big deal out of a case like the JonBenet one and not others that were just as bad or worse with very similar situations, all because the person in question was blond and pretty, some kind of spectacle

People may call me anti-royal, but I get fed-up with hearing about high-profile cases and conspiracy thoeries such as with the Princess Diana case. I know what happened to her was bad and that there's possiblities of all sorts of things that could have been the cause, but it's the way that they i.e. the media keep bringing it up and their thoeries and possible evidence to what happened. I mean there's money being spent to investigate something that they will never solve as there will always be a cover up or gagging order (such as a payment or bribe to keep quiet) and they'll probably never find the truth. Also in addition to the money spent in investigations shouldn't some of it be spent investigating ordinary crimes! That's what I think.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: