NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

TORNADO WARNING!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: TORNADO WARNING! Reply with quote

We had a Tornado Warning yesterday for my county. Surpris Trust me it was so cool this isn't an every day thing for us. It was heading toward my town but i guess it dissapated before it got to us but i thought it was so awsome even though I didn't get to see it and I never will. My dad told me when i got home and he was all like you don't want to see one but i do i mean they never touch down here back in 99 two did but again it was around us in two towns about 7 miles from my town. We never get any tornadoes I don't actually want to see one on the ground justi n the air which is where they stay when they come to my town. The funny thing is that i work at a camp and it was storming like crazy for about 2 minutes then it stopped and the theme for this week is "Storm Warning" i thought it was so funny. Dad said that where i was at was in line with the tornado. The closest tornado that i could have seen would have been back in 2003 but I was taking a test in social studies but my dad saw them. They never touched the ground they dissapated when they got rain wrapped. So once again I miss it. Anyways that my tornado story. I wish i had pictures to show everybody though that would be so cool. Cool
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Glad to hear that it didn't touch down!

I had a tornado warning, twice in Canton, NC (1997 and 2004) and once when I was visiting my grandpa in Dallas (2003). In Canton we lived in a trailer so we had to go across the street because the neighbours had a basement. In Dallas we didn't get hit by the tornado, but a hailstone fell through the...uh...I forget what those things are called, like a window on your roof. And the 2004 one was on the night before we moved to Asheville, I woke up to 80F temperatures at 3 AM, I sat there for 15 minutes and then I turned on the TV and saw "tornado warning update", and then they actually mentioned "Haywood county" on national television for once...it really started raining at about 4:30 then I went back to sleep.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cnickfan56
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had a couple tornado warnings out here in MA, but none touch down.
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't get tornadoes where i live, Thank God cuz that'd be scary. But we've been getting a bunch of fires near where i live lately. I DIDN'T DO IT I SWEAR!!! *shifty eyes*

Hihey9989 wrote:
but a hailstone fell through the...uh...I forget what those things are called, like a window on your roof.
sky lights?
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah like we believe that after you've been or trying to burnate everyone 'tut tut'! Tire la langue

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who me? *has a halo*
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like Smokey the Bear says:

"Only you can prevent forest fires." Clin d'oeil
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really it wasn't me...*hides matches*

NickFanatic
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it was me MWHAHAHAHHA JK JK. I'm all for preventing forest fires. Smoky rules
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokey never lets me burninate people. I don't like him Triste *starts burninating ppl*

Smokey: RAWR! I'M GONNA EAT U!!

me: AHHH! Pleure see how mean he is Triste

jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 summers ago, i went to this camp in Tenn and it was held on a campus for one week. During one of the nights we were there, everyone was hanging out outside in the parking lot and stuff. It was around 8-ish, so it was twighlight, or close to twighlight. Anyway, these kids come out from one of the buildings and say there is a Tornado warning for the area we were in and JUST THEN lighting struck a Power Station (not sure of the real name, lol) about 3 or 4 miles from where we were staying. We saw the lighting stike, too. At that second, the parking lot lights went out (so did all the lights in the town, lol), so it got real dark real fast. Almst simulatiouly, an huge updraft started and began throwing dirt and crap from the parking lot into our faces. Everyone just RAN to thier building, it took awhile to get in, since it was a large group. The TORNADO sirens went on in teh town, and that's what REALLY scared me. We had to go into the corridors, since they did not want us in out dorms becasue of windows shattering. And since the bulding was old and there was no emergency lights in the individule hallways, just the main entrence to the bulding. We stayed there for a good 45 mins. I remember it being really crammed and really hot. I was so scarred, lol. But, they eventually allowed intoour rooms after the storm past - but it was definetly one fo the scariest moments that I ever had happen to me.

Last summer, we got a tornado warning at our home in NJ. It was on all of the cable stations, so it was SERIOUS, guess. It got really dark, as I recall, but nothing ended up happening, which was good (duhhhh..)
nick43
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Raleigh, NC, so we get at least several tornado warnings a year (its not rare for us). Most have never been that near my house (thank God). The most recent was in early June of this year (either the 4th or 11th) and it was pretty bad. They keep telling the dopper-confirmed location and it was less than 5 miles from our house. It was lightning very badly and the wind was very high, but our power only flicked a few times. I guess living in North Carolina, we get about everything at some point (hurricanes, tornados, severe thunderstorms, snow, ice storms). But it always seem to happen at night here. We never really have bad storms in the daytime.

Still the worst thing to ever happen (weather wise) in our area was Hurricane Fran in September 1996 (just about 10 years ago!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: