RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

[RP] Ray/Breezy, Reg/Trent: why not?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiderBraids
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: [RP] Ray/Breezy, Reg/Trent: why not? Reply with quote

Originally posted Jan '04, a thread that speculates on the fates of Breezy and Trent, and their relationships with Ray and Reggie.

====

SpiderBraids: I know I posted a poll a couple weeks back on this (and, so I don't know if it's worth asking again.
Basically, why do you think that KC seem to have suddenly abandoned the Ray/Breezy and Reg/Trent pairings? I mean, Trent was only in 2 stories, and how many stories has Breezy been in so far again?
Somehow, I doubt this was intentional as would be the case with Ginger/Sasha (Ginger) and Arnold/Ruth (HA!).

MASTERNC: I think I can provide an easy explanation about Trent: Nick has lost interest in RP and hasn't ordered enough episodes for KC to include Trent more often. They only managed two episodes with Trent, and probably would have made more if not for Nick

As for Breezy, that's hard to say. I think K-C changed their minds. As they claimed that they could modify what happened to the former Mrs. Rocket (despite giving a tentative answer), maybe they changed their minds on this one. However, it doesn't look good to the viewer. Meeting someone and marrying in a matter of days (of course compressed in to one 1.5 hour movie). Most marriages that form that quickly break up (look at Britney Spears). Marrying Breezy would have provided a better example as long as she was developed a little more in additional episodes.

SpiderBraids:

(MASTERNC) They only managed two episodes with Trent, and probably would have made more if not for Nick

Those two eps being Reggie/Regina and Major Scrummage. But I'm not sure that it's all Nick's fault that those were the only 2 Trent eps. Part of it might be K-C deciding to concentrate their production on All Grown Up! and The Immigrants.

(MASTERNC) As for Breezy, that's hard to say. I think K-C changed their minds.

Which raises another question. Why would K-C change their mind on pairing up Ray and Breezy if:

- they introduced her in the first place (presumably for that purpose mainly)?
- they made her popular with the gang?
- the fans were clearly supporting this pairing?

Most importantly, how are they going to "take care of Breezy", if you know what I mean (or are they just going to screw it over as if she never came to Ocean Shores in the first place)?

Franco: You mean Rocket Power is out of production as we speak?

Mike2000: I'm afraid so, although there have been rumors of a new season being prepared, but so far there is nothing for sure about it.

As for what would happen to Breezy, I think they had in mind a possible scenario from the beginning. The fact that she was presented as a traveling agent makes it very easy to explain why she would eventually stop visiting Ocean Shores: her job's demands. I know because I once had a job like that; I even had to move out of town for several years, and that means uprooting yourself and even breaking the relations you had made, in order to start anew elsewhere. It's kinda rough, but it happens.

In that scenario, it wouldn't be difficult at all to have her getting a new job (maybe because of a promotion) that requires her to stop travelling. This would make it very difficult for her to come visiting Ray, and thus their relationship might be easily (and conveniently) aborted.

MASTERNC: Speaking of Trent, his physical character might have been in the cards for a while. I was watching "Double-O Twistervision", and at the end of the movie, a bunch of kids walk out, and the first one looks very much like Trent. I bet they copied his looks from that character or vice-versa. Rire

ottoman21: what up, master?

Resumed in March '04:

SpiderBraids: Apologies for reviving this thread, but in light of the airings of the new RP eps, I sent an email about the whole Breezy thing to Don Del Grande, and he says:

When they did create Breezy, they may have felt that they had more than five episodes (and a Nick Flick) left before the show's production would be cancelled. Having Ray marry Tito's cousin instead probably makes it easier to tell the story of Ray's first wife.

Mike2000:
That makes sense, particularly if she was into water sports, as they said in the Christmas special. Wonder if she was also related to Tito, and hence the close relationship that developed between the two kanakas.

SpiderBraids:
But this raises a new question: How would having Ray marry Tito's cousin make it easier to tell the story of Ray's first wife than if Ray were to marry Breezy as KC may well have originally planned? I simply don't see any potential difficulties. If anything, the new plan is going to get viewers asking "Where's Breezy?"

SSJ_Jup81:
To be completely honest, the thought of Breezy being a potential wife for Ray never even came to mind to me. I didn't even think about it 'til I came here. ^^ I mean, he flirted with Officer Shirley, so I just got the impression that Ray was supposed to be a "lady's man." lol

If Ray hooked up with his first wife in Hawaii or something, that it might make it easier or something.

Ray: (Someplace in Hawaii) And kids, this is where me and your mother went on our first date~~~

SpiderBraids"

If Ray hooked up with his first wife in Hawaii or something, that it might make it easier or something.

Ray: (Someplace in Hawaii) And kids, this is where me and your mother went on our first date~~~

But if he was marrying Breezy, it wouldn't be hard to imagine her tagging along...

Mike2000:
... Unless she wasn't around anymore due to circumstances out of her control, like a change in her job, for instance.

It's quite easy; being a travelling agent, it wouldn't be difficult at all to explain her departure with a promotion or a change to a different route, thus making it difficult, even impossible for her to come visiting California as often as she wanted. Remember that, in the ep where she was introduced, in the end she says goodbye because she has to visit some shops in the East cost, that is, the farthest part of the country from California, and that she would be back in a couple of months; I would imagine her being transfered to the East coast permanently (it's a matter of $$$, after all), thus making it easy to explain why she isn't visiting anymore. Of course, this is pure speculation. :blink:

SpiderBraids: ... Unless she wasn't around anymore due to circumstances out of her control, like a change in her job, for instance.

1. You said this earlier in the thread, Mike.
2. The question I originally raised was: how would telling the story of Ray's first wife be different if he was marrying Breezy? If KC's plan was thus, she would probably be conveniently available to tag along.

Edit: Looking at the title of the thread, I'm reminded that when I originally started it, I also complained that the much-hyped Trent only appeared in one subsequent story after his intro. I don't suppose that the "new" eps airing sometime next week feature him in any of them?

Mike2000: Oops! Sorry. Now I know why I had this strange feeling of deja-vu when I posted that Rire

As for Trent, I'm sorry to say that the answer is no. He is not featured in any of the newer eps (already seen them). Sorry.

And, regarding the first wife issue, I guess we'll have to wait until the movie airs to know what happened to her, at least according to the info available at the time.

Who knows? Maybe we can still have some surprises Clin d'oeil

twistertime: hay spiderbraids who is don del grande?:ohwell:

SpiderBraids: A frequent contributor to alt.tv.nickelodeon , among other newsgroups (tho he hardly ever posts on this board... look for messages from "That Don Guy", however).

ottoman21: How about Reggie and Twister! I saw Beach Boyz and a Girl today, and remembered that Twister knocked the drum set over, and Reggie sarcastically says, "That was a good start." I can't help notice when Twister does something stupid, like lose a camera twice, that Reggie is usually the first one over him for doing that. I wonder if that's out of concern for his self-esteem, or just flirting with him.

SSJ_Jup81: Reggie just always struck me as a sarcastic character in general. lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: