RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

[AGU!] Everyone doesn't like Harold

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiderBraids
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: [AGU!] Everyone doesn't like Harold Reply with quote

Especially when Harold wins a go-kart race that many of us expected Tommy to win ("Rats Race"). Check out this classic from Aug 05.

====

SpiderBraids: So, this idea for a poll randomly came to my mind the other day. Probably not the best idea for a poll but here goes: Do you reckon that Harold sorta ruined the AGU! episode "Rats Race"? Arguments:

For:
* Tommy has guts and determination, Angelica has lots of sponsors. Sounds ripe for Tommy to win a go-kart race, eh? But here comes Harold.
* Fans say Harold has been getting involved on the show too much lately, actually.
* Also, Harold's win creates a big nitpick: if Harold's mom was allowed to help on his car, why didn't Stu help Tommy on his (like in "The Science Pair", only more legally)? Another nitpick is that (from what I hear) Harold's mom is supposed to be a realtor. Not a mechanic.

Against:
* We got a peace offering of sorts out of two sour Pickles.

Okay, you know the drill. Vote.

Poll result:

Do you think Harold kinda ruined Rats Race?
Option Vote
Yes 75%
No 25%
Maybe 0%

chuckangie: One of the better points of Harold winning the race was it prevented either Pickles from winning. If either Tommy or Angelica won, they would never have come to peaceful terms - consquently raising alot of loose ends and inconsistencies about Harold's redundant character. It just goes to show how much thought KC actually put into Harold.

Now it wasn't necessary for Harold to play the role of the winner as there were more competitors other than Tommy and Angelica. A nameless, faceless extra could have easily played the role of winner just to stop both pickles from winning. - Of course this is a play safe alternative.

Just for the record, I really hate Harold and how he creates repetitive areas in the group dynamics of the characters. Him along with Savanah. That Pre School Daze realy did a number on AGU didn't it?

SpiderBraids: Now it wasn't necessary for Harold to play the role of the winner as there were more competitors other than Tommy and Angelica. A nameless, faceless extra could have easily played the role of winner just to stop both pickles from winning. - Of course this is a play safe alternative.

I've read over at Luke's board that Lil and Kimi would have made better winners, also (especially since they would have had a role in this ep where they previously had none).

And the reason behind Harold's win still manages to raise two loose nitpicks, as mentioned in the original post. (One thing I forgot to put in the box: Tommy's team had argued like heck in the run-up to the race, so a win for them would have been the perfect cap-off, especially against a highly-sponsored and highly-fancied rival.)

Also reading at the board, chuckangie said, on the peace offering: "I think Angelica's gonna tip Tommy from now on girls that she thinks may like him." Somehow, ever since "Fear of Falling", I'm thinking, fat chance Angelica would risk Tommy getting his 2nd kiss before she even has her first.

Trivia: Only two Nicktoons leads have ever won a motorized race: Otto Rocket and Pelswick. Doug quit his race, and Eugene crashed Arnold's car. (And weren't the circumstances in Arnold's race similar to that of Tommy's, in that they beat their biggest competition, but still lose to someone they hadn't been expecting? Really, were they?)

Angelicafan: For:
* Tommy has guts and determination, Angelica has lots of sponsors. Sounds ripe for Tommy to win a go-kart race, eh? But here comes Harold.
* Fans say Harold has been getting involved on the show too much lately, actually.
* Also, Harold's win creates a big nitpick: if Harold's mom was allowed to help on his car, why didn't Stu help Tommy on his (like in "The Science Pair", only more legally)? Another nitpick is that (from what I hear) Harold's mom is supposed to be a realtor. Not a mechanic.

Against:
* We got a peace offering of sorts out of two sour Pickles.

Since this is a race one i like it
the older ones raced
tommy said i couldgo back in time when you where never born to Dil does he mean rugrats

chuckangie: Also reading at the board, chuckangie said, on the peace offering: "I think Angelica's gonna tip Tommy from now on girls that she thinks may like him." Somehow, ever since "Fear of Falling", I'm thinking, fat chance Angelica would risk Tommy getting his 2nd kiss before she even has her first.

Yeah I know. Im the same guy ranting on that forum of mean people about how Harold seemed like he stole a role that would've been decent for Kimi.

But I also believe that one purpose of that ending was to show Tommy and Angelica are capable of bonding. Too little too late IMO, since it should've been like that since the first season.

SpiderBraids: Since this is a race one i like it
the older ones raced
tommy said i couldgo back in time when you where never born to Dil does he mean rugrats

Er, this isn't about reviewing the episode. This is about one particular aspect of this episode.

And yes, I think Tommy does mean the Rugrats era when he refers to stopping his parents from having Dil.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: