NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

[RP] What's left for Trent and Lizzie to do?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiderBraids
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: [RP] What's left for Trent and Lizzie to do? Reply with quote

Continuing the love for the little-used on RP, this Feb 2005 post asks what the show could do with Trent and Lizzie.

====

SpiderBraids: Over in this thread here (referring to an "If Rocket Power went on" thread, which will probably be posted shortly), I surmise that Trent (2 eps) and Lizzie (1 ep) should at least appear some more if RP continued, and MasterNC agrees.

The only problem is... what is there left for them to do? Let me just re-post what I said in that thread:
I can't really imagine any Trent stories that wouldn't be a rehash of either of his two stories. Then again, his second story itself is a rehash of many previous eps where Reggie would go out to prove the world that she can do it (whatever "it" is) as well as the boys. Maybe something like the upcoming AGU! "Fear of Falling" ep?
Meanwhile, the only Lizzie plot I can imagine would be a bit of a rehash of RANZ. Basically, she competes in an extreme race for the handicapped, with Reggie as coach. And even that sounds a bit farfetched, given that these sports aren't exactly popular among the handicapped.

Okay, your turn.

ottoman21: How about the return of Josh Grody? Having a jerk in an episode really makes it interesting. I really liked "All About Sam," and maybe he'll be a new member of Lars' crew.

SSJ_Jup81: Josh, part of Lars's crew? Nah, no way. Even Lars probably couldn't put up with a Lame-o like Josh. lol

I wouldn't mind that girl (whose name I can't recall right off, sorry) who Reggie discovered was poor to come back again for an ep. I just found her character interesting, or instead of the newer characters, do some more background stuff on the older ones (Oliver, Trish, Sherry, Eddy, Lars)

Prince_Izzy: Carla is the name of the poor girl. And yeah, I agree, Josh being on Lars' crew is kinda insane. A bit of a back story on one or two of the other secondary characters would be nice.

SpiderBraids: Just so you know, this isn't a thread about who you want to return to the show. I was just wondering what plot could they do that would involve Trent, or Lizzie.
And now that you mention her, Carla. Who BTW, is homeless as opposed to poor (but then again, they go hand in hand...). Maybe Reggie trains her for some skating contest to win money?

Prince_Izzy: Well, as far as Trent and Lizzie go, couldn't they just show up for the heck of it? You know, something like a cameo role, or maybe they wouldn't have to do what they're known for (Trent putting Reggie down for being a girl, for example).

SpiderBraids: I have a feeling that, if they're only in cameos, only the die-hard fans will get it. I'm thinking towards the line of a plot that puts them front and centre, but what more is there to Trent (and Lizzie, and Carla) that we haven't heard about yet?

SSJ_Jup81: Well, for Trent, maybe something dealing with his family? Or maybe he goes back to New Zealand, and take Reggie and the others along with him and show what he likes to do when back home.

Sorry, I can't really think of what plots they could use for them, 'cept as a Love Interest for Reggie (Trent)...but dunno, really.

You know, I agree with Izzy, maybe just have them show up more in general, hang out with the main four more than what they have. Have Lizzie go to school with Reggie. Maybe get the full story on what happened to Lizzie for her to have to get an artificial leg (I don't recall her mentioning it), background story on how Carla ended up the way she has, but with Trent, my mind is a blank, other than background story about his life in New Zealand.

Knoodelhed: One of my gedankenexperiments has Trent being the previous (to RANZ) Prince Waikikamukau who somehow got it into the Fearless Foursome's heads to enter that competition, but was unable to compete himself due to some exigency or other. :tongue:

In the case of Lizzie, an accident seems the likeliest cause of her situation, and as for Carla, I'd lay homelessness in general to generations of badly screwed up priorities of state.

SpiderBraids: One of my gedankenexperiments has Trent being the previous (to RANZ) Prince Waikikamukau who somehow got it into the Fearless Foursome's heads to enter that competition, but was unable to compete himself due to some exigency or other.

Or maybe he was just a competitor last time, and he was competing this year as well, but by this time he was under the radar due the arrival on scene of the McGills and the Rockets. Remember, Reggie said there were 6 teams competing, and we only saw 2 (and only one member of that other team had any significance, at that!).
A problem with your theory tho: RANZ went out in Feb 2002, before Trent's eps, which went out in Apr and Oct 2002.

As for the others, I don't think 11 minutes composed entirely of backstory will work... the average RP fan will wonder: "Where's the actual sports?"

MASTERNC: A problem with your theory tho: RANZ went out in Feb 2002, before Trent's eps, which went out in Apr and Oct 2002.

Don't forget though. Nick aired an episode with Noelani before IotM even aired. We knew about Trent and Breezy months before we saw them premiere in episodes on TV.

SpiderBraids: 1. As far as all indications go, that is the only Noelani ep post-wedding, and
2. After season 2 at least, Nick was always pretty slow with airing new eps. KC mentioned "Summer Breezy" in May 02, but it didn't air (in the US) until March 04. Looking at the prod order for the various eps (from the Cooltoons site, and TV Tome most agrees):
Trent's debut: #42
Breezy's debut: #44
"Summer Breezy": #52
"Major Scrummage": #53

And it Cooltoons is believable, RANZ was eps 58-60, so your theory might be possible. But this raises another problem: If Trent (a New Zealander, of course) was already around when RANZ was made, why wasn't he involved in this telefilm?

Prince_Izzy: *Shrugs* Maybe they just forgot about him? I mean, how much of RANZ took place in Ocean Shores? It would've made sense if they had Trent turn the gang on to the competition.

SpiderBraids: It would've made sense if they had Trent turn the gang on to the competition.

Yeah, but then, how long would that have taken for it to work properly? I'd say about 3-4 minutes, which is about half the length of one segment of the telefilm. And there's also the matter of not making viewers wonder (re Trent appearing), "Alright, who's this guy, and why does he know the RP gang?"

Prince_Izzy: Well, concerning what I said, I was assuming that if RANZ came out before the episode in which Trent premired, like with the whole Noelani deal.

SpiderBraids: Let me theorize: KC wanted Trent in RANZ, but upon hearing that it was due to premiere during Salt Lake, which was some time before Trent's debut, they decided to cut him out. That a good theory?

Prince_Izzy: *Nods* Sounds sensible.

SpiderBraids: Apropos my theory that Trent may have been planned to be in RANZ somewhere, SpiderBraids presents a cut scene from that ep.

So, Trent has just overheard Reggie talk about the NZ Junior Waikikamukau Games (or, as Merv calls it: "The Waikikawhat?") at the Shack. After the gang has gotten Violet to mind the store while they're gone, Reggie runs into him.
R: Oh, it's you. I guess you heard that we're going to your homeland soon.
T: Yeah, it's a beautiful country, you know? Anyways, I heard that you're actually serious about competing at the Waikikamukau. To win.
R: Yes, I am.
T: Let me ask you something. ... Are you out of your mind?!?
R: Trent, this isn't one of those "You're a *girl*, Reggie" things, is it?
T: Well... you *are* a girl, Reggie.
R: We've been through this before. Twice. Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean that I can't win.
T: Sorry to burst your bubble, but history says otherwise. No girl has ever won the race. That's why they call the title *Prince* Waikikamukau, you know?
R: All I'm gonna say is: History's gonna change. Everyone's gonna notice me.
T: Good luck trying to get *your own dad* to notice you...
R: Oh, he'll notice alright. (leaves)
T: Suuuuure.

Whattaya think?

Knoodelhed: Very insightful! Bravo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: