NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Jet crash-landing on the river, NYC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Jet crash-landing on the river, NYC Reply with quote

I'm sure you've all heard of this as this is yesterday's news, but I found this video-blog on YouTube and found it quite interesting. Besides, the fact that nowadays anybody can be a reporter and share their opinions and ideas freely on the Net, having a global reach, is a very interesting sign of the times.

What you think? Are geese to blame for the airliner's accident?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEQIVzbiux0
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a miracle in itself. The pilot did an amazing job keeping calm and making sure everyone was safe. Wow I wish I had a pilot that was like that. I think the geese are too blame those poor engines can only take so much.(lol)
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was amazing. There were many fortunate circumstances, for what I've read. In any case, it was good to read that this had a happy ending.

Must have been quite a fright for those on board! And happening in NY, must have been a HUGE fright for those on the ground, too! Have anybody hear comments by witnesses relating this to other events in the recent past? Just thought of it.
Cpt_Zim83
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true miricle. Sourire
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a note yesterday on a local news network that commented that a similar accident occured in Washington, D.C. about 20 years ago, when an airliner performed an emergency ditching in the Potomac. But unlike this most recent event, the crash in Washington ended as a real tragedy because the jet broke and sank in the frigid waters of the Potomac almost immediately, killing all on board save for 4 plucky people who made it ashore.

In this case, what amazes me most is the ability of the pilot; he managed to ditch in the river with such precision and control that the plane remained intact, and the crew and passengers were even able to wait for the emergency services standing on the wings (which are usually the first structural members to disappear in crash-landings!) The plane remained afloat long enough for the rescue to be completed, and save for some broken bones and bruises, nobody got seriously injured.

Indeed, it was a miracle, and a definitely evidence that the proper training and a calm and well prepared person in charge can make a difference. I really hope they find out what went "right" in this case, because those could be some very valuable lessons for future trainings of airline personnel.
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was amazing and caught my attention on the news until everything was mentioned... then it was like "Okay, enough." after the constant coverage of it for a full day. Like Jack Cafferdy(?) said, "Sounds to me like a plane crashing into a river."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ottoman
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly a miracle of God. Great job by the pilot and his crew. Why can't there be more good stories like this reported? Sourire

Thanks to all that supported my site for 7 years, I hope to see you at my site, rocketpowerheat.tripod.com! Sourire Très content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: