NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Weight loss!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Weight loss! Reply with quote

I got on the scale again yesterday and I've now lost 15 lbs.! Go me! Très content

Even after losing just 15, I'm starting to feel a little better about my weight and my clothes are starting to fit better. Some of my pants are actually starting to become loose, and I had some stretch marks on my stomach that are starting to fade away a little now that my skin is shrinking.

The other day I went shopping and bought myself a new pair of pants. I've gone down one size! Très content

I'm not eating nearly as much as I used to, I'm eating just until I get full and that's eat. I'm eating three meals a day (Breakfast, lunch & dinner) and two to three small, healthy snacks. I've developed a severe addiction to oranges, apples, pineapples, grapes, bananas, watermelon and strawberries. (I loved all of those before, just didn't eat as much of them as I should.) I've also found a new love in the line of Kashi Foods. I love their GoLean Crunch, Cinnamon Harvest and Strawberry Fields cereals. I just finished off a box of Strawberry Fields this morning and tomorrow I've trying a new one, called Kashi Vibe. It looks and sounds really good. It has vanilla soy puffs, graham fiber twigs and bran flakes in it. Their granola bars, especially the Cherry Dark Chocolate and Peanut Peanut Butter ones are AWESOME. I still want to try their frozen waffles, frozen pizzas, crackers and cookies. Their cereal and granola bars are so good you can't even tell that the stuff you're eating is actually not junk food.

I've also been eating lots of yogurt. I eat one a day. My favorite is Breyer's YoCrunch, because they come with candy and granola toppings you can mix in the yogurt.

So I think I've found the secret to happy and successful dieting: make a plan you can actually stick to, and choose healthy foods you know you'll like. Within the last week I've turned down a pie, a cake and ice cream, all of which I never would've done before. It was hard, but I forced myself to say no and walk away from them.

I've been riding my bike for at least an hour a day and I go to a local pool at least twice a week to swim laps for an hour at a time. I love riding my bike and I especially love going to swim laps because I love swimming and being in the water. I also love going swimming just shortly after they've poured fresh chlorine in the water because I love the smell of chlorine.

I still have 40 more pounds to lose before I get down to my ideal weight, though. My ideal weight is 130, and right now I'm at 170. Oh well! I'm just going to keep working hard at it, and it will all eventually come off, and once it comes off I want to keep it off, at least until I have a kid, that is! Clin d'oeil Then after that I work at getting it all back off again.

I've got myself set up on a rewards system. Each time I lose ten pounds I reward myself with a non-food item. My prize for the first 10 I lost was the complete Degrassi High series on DVD, and my 20 lb. prize is a Degrassi book about the character Wheels, my all-time favorite Degrassi guy. (I hate to admit it, but since I've spent just about every night this summer watching my Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High DVDs, I think I'm shifting more from a 90210 fan to a Degrassi fan! Surpris I've always liked Degrassi, but 90210 was my favorite. Now I'm falling in love the original Degrassi again, so 90210's kind of taken a backseat.) Anyhow, I ordered the book last week from Borders.com. I was surprised to see that they even had it, because all of the Degrassi books from the original series' have been out of print for a really long time and they're becoming collector's items now. Apparently from what I read on a Degrassi website they've decided to start republishing them due largely to the popularity of Degrassi: The Next Generation. Only problem with it is they're considered "specialty items" when you order them online, as only one company publishes and distributes them and they're in Nova Scotia, Canada. So it could take me up to two months to get the book I ordered. No biggie, though. It just gives me something to look forward to! Sourire

When I reach 30 lbs. I'm going to get my hair done. I figured a new 'do would be a good reward.

The best one, though, will be when I finally get all the weight off and I'll be able to wear just about anything I want to and be able to look good in. First few things I'm buying when that happens is a bikini and a pair of low-rise shorts or jeans and a short shirt so I can show off my stomach! Très content I want to look so good that every guy I've ever asked out who's said no will wish he hadn't! Très content That's my major motivator right there! Très content

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job BHC!

I'm trying to do the same thing, but I'm not really getting anywhere because my parents think I'm starving myself.

Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow good for you BHC! That sounds awsome. I got to come up with something. I'm already way too overweight as is and I just gained 30 more lbs. over the summer and I worked outside its probably true that it could be muscle. My goal weight is 150- 160 then I can wear anything
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimfan101 wrote:
good job BHC!

I'm trying to do the same thing, but I'm not really getting anywhere because my parents think I'm starving myself.

Thanks. Sourire

I kinda got the same thing the other night from my mom & dad when my dad cooked chicken patties for sandwiches and I said I didn't want a sandwich but instead I wanted to take the chicken patty and chop it up and put it in a salad. I got this whole "You have to eat something" speech. I was eating something! I was eating a tossed salad with lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli, cheese, a chopped up hard-boiled egg, some chicken and some ranch dressing. That to me counts as something! It was good, too! So what if I didn't want a sandwich? A salad sounded better to me.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear!

I need to get healthier...no loose weight! HELL NO...I need to gain it...You can give me some of yours, lol. Bulk up is what i need to do.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Sourire

Glad to hear you feel better in your body Sourire

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried the Kashi Vibe cereal.

It was. . .different, but a good different. The taste took a little getting used to, but I like it. Sourire I thought it might taste more like a Golden Grahams type cereal, but it didn't. It's still good, though.

Now I'm going to get ready to go swimming. Sourire

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish i had ur discipline and determination. :/
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarjar23 wrote:
Great to hear!

I need to get healthier...no loose weight! HELL NO...I need to gain it...You can give me some of yours, lol. Bulk up is what i need to do.

I wonder if they can do fat donations and fat transplants like they do organ donations and transplants? Rire

I see in this week's Aldi flyer that they have 32 oz. containers of soy milk on sale for $1.39 each. I'm thinking of going over there tomorrow before work (Our Aldi store is almost right next door to Wally World) and getting one container each of the chocolate and vanilla flavors. I've never had soy milk before, and I'm not much of a milk drinker, but I want to try it just to see if it's any good.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BeverlyHillsChick"]
jarjar23 wrote:
I see in this week's Aldi flyer that they have 32 oz. containers of soy milk on sale for $1.39 each. I'm thinking of going over there tomorrow before work (Our Aldi store is almost right next door to Wally World) and getting one container each of the chocolate and vanilla flavors. I've never had soy milk before, and I'm not much of a milk drinker, but I want to try it just to see if it's any good.

Complete side note, but I really like Aldi! I've been in an American one and they're so different from ours. I've also been in a real, German one. Sad, I know Rire

Anyway, your perseverance and determination are great! Congratulations and long may your health improvement continue!

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lost 10-15 pounds too! Way to go, BHC! Keep up the great work! Sourire

Thanks to all that supported my site for 7 years, I hope to see you at my site, rocketpowerheat.tripod.com! Sourire Très content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeverlyHillsChick wrote:
(...) I wonder if they can do fat donations and fat transplants like they do organ donations and transplants? Rire(...)

I'm going to say something dirty once again Pfff I saw a documentary on tv about men having a small... er... a small... well you'll have to guess what ! They get some fat from one place and inject it in that other place. So that the looks bigger... true story

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superyo wrote:
BeverlyHillsChick wrote:
(...) I wonder if they can do fat donations and fat transplants like they do organ donations and transplants? Rire(...)

I'm going to say something dirty once again Pfff I saw a documentary on tv about men having a small... er... a small... well you'll have to guess what ! They get some fat from one place and inject it in that other place. So that the looks bigger... true story

Oh my. . .Rire Maybe it's just because I've never had to deal with the issue of "smallness" down there because I wasn't born with that organ, but that just sounds funny. Rire It also sounds painful! Embarassé

Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeverlyHillsChick wrote:
(...) I've never had to deal with the issue of "smallness" down there (...)

Me neither Très content

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever watch the Biggest Loser? That's reason enough for me to lose weight. And you'll understand why, if you watch the show.

Thanks to all that supported my site for 7 years, I hope to see you at my site, rocketpowerheat.tripod.com! Sourire Très content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: