FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

"Mac OS X has quit unexpectedly. . ."
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: "Mac OS X has quit unexpectedly. . ." Reply with quote

I have set a new record in my family! Rire

Once upon a time, the number of Windows users in my family outnumbered the Mac users. This all changed last month, when I ordered and received my Mac and the same day I got my Mac, my sister went online and ordered one, receiving hers just a little over a week after I got mine. Now out of the four of us (Me and my three sisters, not counting my niece, who is also a Mac lover.), only one of us has yet to "migrate" to a Mac. (My other sister being the one who still has yet to switch.) Well, the other day I set a new record: I was the first one out of me, my two sisters and my niece to have the OS quit unexpectedly! My one sister and my niece (Mother and daughter) have been using Macs for the last 10 years and have never had this happen to them, and my other sister hasn't used hers enough yet to have it happen.

It was really funny, actually, because I was online looking something up and I had both Safari and iTunes running because I was listening to a CD while I was online. Everything was running fine, then, all of a sudden my screen started turning dark, then this error message popped up on my screen and said "You must restart your computer now," and proceeded to tell me to restart it by pressing and holding the power button on the back for a few seconds. I did that, the Mac came back up, and once the OS was loaded again another message popped up that said "The computer was restarted after Mac OS X quit unexpectedly. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple." I had to laugh out loud, because it'd been well over a month since I'd gotten a message like that. (I used to get those all the time on the HP.) So I made it that long without having a computer crash on me! Rire It hasn't happened since, but I had Safari quit on me once because I'd gone to a website for something and then after it quit I went online and went to another site to get what I was looking for, and it was on that site that I learned the one I had previously gone to was very unfriendly to Macs and Mac users. Apparently the guy running the site hates Macs and the people that use them, so he put some kind of code on it that will automatically make Safari crash if you're using a Mac. Nice! Embarassť

Yes, I'm still very much in love with my Mac. Fier It runs better and looks so much cleaner compared to anything with Windows on it, and I absolutely love the fact that there's only five cables to it. (The keyboard, mouse, printer, modem, and the iPod dock, although the mouse and iPod dock are connected through the USB ports on the keyboard.) Now if something comes unplugged I know what it is and where it went.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: "Mac OS X has quit unexpectedly. . ." Reply with quote

BeverlyHillsChick wrote:
...I absolutely love the fact that there's only five cables to it. (The keyboard, mouse, printer, modem, and the iPod dock...

Heh. That sounds exactly like my current cable setup, and I'm running a nice HP XD

So Macs aren't immune to system crashes, either? Hum. Guess no commercial OS is completely failproof, then.
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope! They're a lot more stable and can handle them better than anything running Windows can, though! Clin d'oeil

There's also a bug in the Chess game that causes Chess itself to crash. When you go to "Chess" and "Preferences" in the menu bar and change some of the settings like the board and piece settings and the voice settings the game will crash. I've noticed that it happens when I change one of the voices to "Hysterical". According to the Apple Support Forums, I'm probably one out of about 1 million users who has this problem. Anyone running Leopard who has played the game has noticed it and dealt with it, too, although it appears to work differently for everyone. (Like it crashes if I change the settings to a certain voice, and for someone else that voice might work perfectly fine but if they change their pieces or game board then their game crashes. It's weird.) And it's so random you never know what's going to make it crash.

I just downloaded a whole set of software updates from Apple last night, though. Nothing major, just updates for iLife (iTunes, iWeb, iChat, iPhoto and iMovie) and Safari.

Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah I remember that message Rire It's written using 10 different languages Rire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC users enjoy a lot while using it
its superb

loc12k

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its one of the best operating system in the world
I like it

rodriguez.john52

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a small bug.
re-installing will fix it.

yor12ks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say many thanks due to this post. One question: As soon as choosing to write about this, what exactly did you do to keep it all arranged? Many thanks for the assistance ahead of time; I will be planning to develop into some sort of contributor.

Stephen.joyce77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC is worlds best operating system
i like this too much

Einstien76

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its too informative and nice sharing
i really like it too much

nix.pollard77

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC is a good operating system.
You are a very experinced operator of MAC.
You have posted very nice information.

mo12lan

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its one of the best operating system that available in market, I am using this operating system and find it working ever best

victor rock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC is too far from MS, Microsoft is real giant in the field of operating systems

joe_sampson21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometime mac creates problem like this overall its worlds best operating system that i ever used. I love to used it.

thom12as

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not using MAC so its hard for me to say how its working and anything else like this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Computer All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: