RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

New Nickelodeon Show "True Jackson" with Keke Palm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wowrashmi
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: New Nickelodeon Show "True Jackson" with Keke Palm Reply with quote

From
HERE!

Keke Palmer stars in 'True Jackson, VP'
By RICHARD HUFF
DAILY NEWS TV EDITOR

Tuesday, July 29th 2008, 4:00 AM

Keke Palmer
Keke Palmer has a good movie career going, but the 14-year-old says having a show on Nickelodeon is something that makes her "really proud."

Palmer is the star of the new Nickelodeon series "True Jackson, VP," which will go into production in September on 20 episodes that'll air later this year.

"It means a lot to me doing something I can be proud of," Palmer told the Daily News. "I've done a lot of movies, more so drama. Kids may have seen it, but more adults have."

Palmer is no stranger to kids. She appeared in Disney's "Jump In" and had a music video on the channel.

But she hit big when she starred in the film "Akeelah and the Bee." She's also earned a SAG Award nomination for her role on TNT's "The Wool Cap."

"True Jackson, VP" stars Palmer as a 15-year-old fashion maven who is tapped to head up the youth division of a major fashion label. There, she soon learns the corporate world is similar to high school.

"The script was so good," Palmer said. "When I read it, man, it was so good."

It also helped that she saw a lot of herself in the role.

"True is a lovely person and very fashionable," Palmer said. "True loves fashion, I absolutely love fashion. I love clothes and shoes and shopping, I absolutely love it. She's very productive. She's a perfectionist. Those are all my qualities. I saw myself in that character."

The show was created and executive produced by Andy Gordon, whose background includes "Back to You," "NewsRadio" and "Mad About You." Besides Palmer, the cast includes Ashley Argota, Danielle Bisutti, Matt Shiveley and, in a recurring role, Greg Proops.

"'True Jackson, VP' taps into the fun and fantasy fulfillment of favorites like 'Big' and 'The Devil Wears Prada' with its own unique spin on the 'kids-in-charge' theme," Marjorie Cohn, Nickelodeon's executive vice president of development and original programming, said in a statement.

Palmer got started when she was 9%BD, and has never taken an acting lesson. Instead, she learns by working with actors like William H. Macy or Angela Bassett, both of whom helped her significantly on the set of different projects.

"Once it got to me, it got to me forever," she said of acting.

Career choices get easier with every project, Palmer said.

She's always wanted to do inspirational projects and be a beacon for other kids.

Someday, she said, she'd like to delve into edgier stuff and roles that may push the boundaries she's set now. But that's way down the road.

"As I get older, I definitely want people to see me as a well-rounded actor," she said.

Her priority now is being a role model. "When I get older, man, if I got to play somebody crazy, maybe when I set my ground ... I can do these different types of roles. I can do any of those crazy roles that make peoples' mouths drop."

Just not now.

Tom
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this that Black Hannah Montana Mel B was talking about?

Zimfan101
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. I sure hope Nick doesn't screw this one up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: