FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

The TV shows on DVD you own
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: The TV shows on DVD you own Reply with quote

So what ones does everyone have? I'm just curious to see what everyone owns. Here's what I have, in no particular order:

All of the 90210 seasons that have been released so far

Pete and Pete, seasons 1 and 2

Clarissa Explains It All, season 1 (I wish they would've continued the Rewind Collection! Fou)

Silver Spoons, season 1

Punky Brewster, season 1

Degrassi Junior High, all three seasons

I also have other DVDs from TV shows. So far I have the 90210 "Pilot" and "Graduation" episodes, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition-The Most Inspiring and Unforgettable Makeovers From Season 1, several SpongeBob and FOP DVDs, MMC: The Best of Britney, Justin and Christina, and Jay and Silent Bob Do Degrassi.

I love getting these DVDs out and watching "marathons" of the shows. I'll take whole nights and watch whole seasons of shows. For the last few nights I've been doing Degrassi marathons. (With the old Degrassi, not The Next Generation, although I love TNG just as much! Clin d'oeil ) Next payday I'm ordering the complete Degrassi High series from Amazon. (I's only $35 for two discs. (Figures out to be about $18.55 a disc and that includes tax.) It's fun to watch TNG and see how they've successfully managed to incorporate the old show in with the new one.

I'm upset that the new 90210 reincarnation will be airing on the CW, though. Fou I've been waiting for this and now it's coming but it's going to be on a station we don't get around here. Fou Should've gone back to FOX. I get a FOX station.

Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too many!

-Every 90210 season
-Every season of 24
-Every Season of Veronica Mars
-Every season of Tru Calling
-Every Season of Entourage
-Band of Brothers
-Seasons 1-4 of Lost
-Every season of Saved by The Bell
-Every season of Star Trek - DS9

BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also forgot to mention that I own two Family Guy DVDs: The Freakin' Sweet Collection and Blue Harvest (The Star Wars Episode).

As I said in my last post, I've been doing Degrassi marathons for the last couple of weeks. This week I'm working on Degrassi Junior High season 3. I just got done watching the "Can't Live With 'Em" two-part episode where Wheels' parents die in a car accident caused by a drunk driver. That one makes me cry every time I see it, as do the TNG ones where Craig gets abused by his dad and the one where his dad dies. I read online that Neil Hope, the actor that played Wheels on the original series had a really hard time shooting the funeral scenes on the episodes where his parents died because it hit a little too close to home for him. His own dad died as a result of alcohol a year before that episode was shot. He said he started crying while filming several times and they had to keep redoing the scene over because he was reminded of his dad. Triste

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far:

Gilligans Island
1 disc of happy days and
I dream of Jeannie.
My sister has a couple seasons of the Spongebob collection

Hopefully I can get more someday they are so convient to have since some of them are not on TV anymore
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All simpsons complete season DVDs Très content
Prison Break 1&2
Mysterious cities of gold (you have to see this !))

I think that's all Sourire

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed an "Easter Egg" on one of the Degrassi episodes I just watched and I can't believe I never noticed it before! Surpris

I just finished watching the "Twenty Bucks" episode, where this band called the Gourmet Scum is coming to town for a concert as part of tour they're doing. Tickets are being sold for $20 a piece, and Snake asks Melanie to be his date for the concert, but they're going dutch. Melanie spent all of her money buying pizza and Cokes for her and her friends, so she asks her mom if she could lend her another $20 and she'll pay her back. Her mom said no, so one day when her mom was on the phone with someone, she asks Melanie if she could run down to the corner store and pick up some milk, and tells Melanie to get some money out of her purse. When Melanie goes to get the money, she finds three $20 bills in her wallet and takes one for herself, with the intention of paying it back with some money she'll make from babysitting. She pulls out the money, and guess what? It's American money instead of Canadian money! Surpris (The show is actually set in Canada, and is a Canadian TV series just like Degrassi TNG.) I know PBS had something to do with this, since all the Degrassi DVDs, with the exception of "Jay and Silent Bob Do Degrassi", of course, I own are the ones from WGBH in Boston. I guess they decided they had to "Americanize" the series, but I'm not sure why.

Speaking of Canada (This is OT), someone asked me the other day if I was Canadian and was surprised when I told them I was not. I never realized it before, but apparently I have a bit of a Canadian accent and I accentuate my o's when I speak, saying words like "sorry", "about", and "amount" like "soory", "aboot", and "amoont". I asked a customer at work a question the other day and I said I was sorry for something and then I said "What about this?", and she asked me what part of Canada I was from, as she had friends who lived there. She was surprised when I told her I wasn't Canadian. It wouldn't be very had for me to get to Canada from where I live, though; the border is only about an hour away from here that connects Detroit to Windsor. In fact, I even considered moving to Windsor to go to school when I graduated from high school but changed my mind. It's still somewhere I'd love to live, though. Windsor is really pretty, as are the other places I've visited in Canada while on vacation. (Their side is the best at Niagara Falls!) [/b]

Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full Monty Python series. We used to have the full Aqua Teen Hunger Force and seasons 1 and 2 of Family Guy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tom
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeverlyHillsChick wrote:
I just noticed an "Easter Egg" on one of the Degrassi episodes I just watched and I can't believe I never noticed it before! Surpris

I just finished watching the "Twenty Bucks" episode, where this band called the Gourmet Scum is coming to town for a concert as part of tour they're doing. Tickets are being sold for $20 a piece, and Snake asks Melanie to be his date for the concert, but they're going dutch. Melanie spent all of her money buying pizza and Cokes for her and her friends, so she asks her mom if she could lend her another $20 and she'll pay her back. Her mom said no, so one day when her mom was on the phone with someone, she asks Melanie if she could run down to the corner store and pick up some milk, and tells Melanie to get some money out of her purse. When Melanie goes to get the money, she finds three $20 bills in her wallet and takes one for herself, with the intention of paying it back with some money she'll make from babysitting. She pulls out the money, and guess what? It's American money instead of Canadian money! Surpris (The show is actually set in Canada, and is a Canadian TV series just like Degrassi TNG.) I know PBS had something to do with this, since all the Degrassi DVDs, with the exception of "Jay and Silent Bob Do Degrassi", of course, I own are the ones from WGBH in Boston. I guess they decided they had to "Americanize" the series, but I'm not sure why.[/b]

I think that would be classed as a Continuity error. An Easter Egg is a hidden feature.

BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
BeverlyHillsChick wrote:

I just finished watching the "Twenty Bucks" episode, where this band called the Gourmet Scum is coming to town for a concert as part of tour they're doing. Tickets are being sold for $20 a piece, and Snake asks Melanie to be his date for the concert, but they're going dutch. Melanie spent all of her money buying pizza and Cokes for her and her friends, so she asks her mom if she could lend her another $20 and she'll pay her back. Her mom said no, so one day when her mom was on the phone with someone, she asks Melanie if she could run down to the corner store and pick up some milk, and tells Melanie to get some money out of her purse. When Melanie goes to get the money, she finds three $20 bills in her wallet and takes one for herself, with the intention of paying it back with some money she'll make from babysitting. She pulls out the money, and guess what? It's American money instead of Canadian money! Surpris (The show is actually set in Canada, and is a Canadian TV series just like Degrassi TNG.) I know PBS had something to do with this, since all the Degrassi DVDs, with the exception of "Jay and Silent Bob Do Degrassi", of course, I own are the ones from WGBH in Boston. I guess they decided they had to "Americanize" the series, but I'm not sure why.[/b]

I think that would be classed as a Continuity error. An Easter Egg is a hidden feature.

Thanks for clearing that up. Sourire For some odd reason I couldn't think of the name of that when I posted that, and all I could think of was Easter Egg.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finally got my Degrassi High DVDs in the mail today. (Ordered them from Amazon.) I'm especially excited because the movie "School's Out" is included as a special feature, and thanks to the local PBS stations in this area that was never seen here, so now I'll finally get to see it! Très content

So this brings my Degrassi collection to a close, unless I decide to break down and buy the TNG season sets, which I'm not real sure I want to do right now because those are still being aired in pretty heavy rotation on The N.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm really confused now!

I've been reading on several Degrassi websites that when The N celebrated Degrassi's 25th anniversary a few years ago that they actually aired the "School's Out" movie! Surpris My question, though, is where was I when this happened? I remember watching "Degrassi, Old School" as it was rebranded when The N acquired the rights to air DJH and DH and I watched all the episodes the whole week during the 25th anniversary, but I don't remember them showing the movie!

Anyway, no biggie! Sourire I own the movie now. Haven't watched it yet, as I'm still watching the regular Degrassi High episodes, and I'm saving the movie for last. I'm just wondering if it's the unedited Canadian version where both Snake and Caitlin became the first two Canadians on prime time TV to say the "F" word or the edited version from PBS? $10 says it's the latter, since all of the DJH and DH DVD episodes are the PBS versions.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete & Pete
Clarissa
Invader Zim
The Newsroom

THAT'S IT. :/

In the future, I'd like to own:

Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (all seasons)
Golden Girls
Ugly Betty
Everybody Loves Raymond
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have friends that want to borrow some of my DVDs. Problem is, I've had a lot of problems with letting people borrow my stuff be it money, DVDs, CDs, books, etc. If they borrow money I'm never repaid, no matter how much I bug them about it, or if I let them borrow something else it's never returned in the condition it was lent to them in, or it supposedly "got lost". I think what's happened with the "lost" stuff is they decided they liked it so well they'd just keep it for themselves and tell me they "lost it". I've told them if they borrow something and they lose it they should pay me for the cost of the item so I can replace it, but they've never done that, either. So I'm not exactly trusting of letting people borrow my things. If I let you borrow something and it gets destroyed and/or "lost", at least pay me for it.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched just a little bit of "School's Out!" today, and guess what? The one on my DVDs is the unedited Canadian version! Très content

I'm going to watch it all tomorrow night. I'll pop some popcorn, get some pop and make a night out of it. Sourire

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched just a little bit of "School's Out!" today, and guess what? The one on my DVDs is the unedited Canadian version! Très content

I'm going to watch it all tomorrow night. I'll pop some popcorn, get some pop and make a night out of it. Sourire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Television All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: