FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Mamma Mia!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Mamma Mia! Reply with quote

I just bought the soundtrack for the Mamma Mia! movie today, and I love it! Très content I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes musicals or ABBA. All the songs are ABBA songs, and although some of the words in the songs have been slightly changed for the movie (Particularly in Mamma Mia), all the actors and actresses that contributed to it did a superb job and the songs sound very close to the originals. My favorites are Mamma Mia, Dancing Queen, Super Trouper, Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight), Voulez-Vous, and Take A Chance On Me.

Listening to this CD makes me want to see the movie even more. Guess I'll have to find a "date" to go see it with me. Sourire

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but think of the A*Teens when I hear any version of those songs. God, i'm such a late-90's kid.

BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the A*Teens version of Mamma Mia on iTunes. Clin d'oeil

Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be nice Sourire

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeverlyHillsChick wrote:
I have the A*Teens version of Mamma Mia on iTunes. Clin d'oeil

Heh, me too. I just bought 5 of their songs, and Mamma Mia and Dancing Queen are on top, along with a few of their original songs.

On topic for the movie, It's going to be interesting hearing James Bond sing.

BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got to see the A*Teens perform live here back in 2000 (That seems like such a long time ago!) at our county fair when Nickelodeon's All That Music and More Festival did a show here. LFO, Leslie Carter (Nick and Aaron Carter's sister), MyTown (A boyband from Ireland), Blaque, and a few others that I can't remember also performed, and Keenan Thompson and Nick Cannon also performed skits. I got to sit close to the stage and it was really a fun show. Sourire There was also a midway set up with Nick games, too. They had a Double Dare one with a mini version of the obstacle course used on the game show that kids could go through. I really wanted to try it, but they wouldn't let me because I wasn't a kid. Triste (I was 18.)

The year before that, Britney Spears performed there with P.Y.T (A girl group from Florida), and Steps (A european boy/girl band kinda like S Club 7.) I really wanted to go to that concert, but wasn't able to get tickets because they sold out really fast, so I joined the other losers outside the bandstand and just listened to it. It was really weird, because after the show ended I went to use the rest room, and as I was walking out I ran into this tall guy with a British accent who looked like a bodybuilder. He asked me if I was from around here, and I said yes and asked him where he was from. He said England, and we had this whole conversation about how everything there was different than how it is here. He said something about never seeing Bobbies on horseback over there, as our police ride on horseback over here during the week of the fair, patrolling the fairgrounds. He said they were letting him and his friends ride some of the rides and play some of the midway games after the fair closed for the night and asked if I'd be interested in being his "date". I said I would have loved to, but I was there with a friend and had to leave when she did. He understood, and that was it. Then, the next day I was reading the newspaper and they had an interview in there with one of the guys from one of the groups that opened up for Britney, and I couldn't believe my eyes: IT WAS HIM!! Surpris His picture was in the paper and everything! His name was Lee Evans, and he was a member of Steps, and he talked to ME!! When I told my friend about it (The one I went to the fair with), she laughed and said I should've taken him up on his offer and I might've ended up with a really cute boyfriend who could sing and dance and was famous. Rire While the rest of that sounds really good, I don't know about the "being famous" part. I tend to get really jealous when other women are paying attention to guys I like and I think being in the spotlight would get old after awhile. I prefer to keep to myself a lot.

Anyway. . .

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That's awesome!

I envy you just for going to the All That Music and More fest, I wanted to do that so badly, but we saw Rugrats Live instead! LOL!

encino
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ma Ma Mia here we go again Ma mai how could I forget you! ttodo too ddoo doo do do popp opp poop poo
encino
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

encino wrote:
Ma Ma Mia here we go again Ma mai how could I forget you! ttodo too ddoo doo do do popp opp poop poo

I know that song! It's good. You have good taste.
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's what I call old stuff. XD And the best part is, I actually remember when it was new and they played it all the time on the radio... with the original Abba!! Rire

Another great song of them was Chiquitita. They even made a version of it in Spanish, and was very, very good!

... yeah, I'm that old. Fier
Zimfan101
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

encino wrote:

encino wrote:

I know that song! It's good. You have good taste.

You.

Need.

Help.[/quote]

Tom
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeverlyHillsChick wrote:
...after the show ended I went to use the rest room, and as I was walking out I ran into this tall guy with a British accent who looked like a bodybuilder. He asked me if I was from around here, and I said yes and asked him where he was from. He said England, and we had this whole conversation about how everything there was different than how it is here. He said something about never seeing Bobbies on horseback over there, as our police ride on horseback over here during the week of the fair, patrolling the fairgrounds. He said they were letting him and his friends ride some of the rides and play some of the midway games after the fair closed for the night and asked if I'd be interested in being his "date". I said I would have loved to, but I was there with a friend and had to leave when she did. He understood, and that was it. Then, the next day I was reading the newspaper and they had an interview in there with one of the guys from one of the groups that opened up for Britney, and I couldn't believe my eyes: IT WAS HIM!! Surpris His picture was in the paper and everything! His name was Lee Evans, and he was a member of Steps, and he talked to ME!!...

That's hilarious!!! I met him (the whole group in fact) when I was 13... which probably would have been the same year, 1999!

Zimfan101
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously wish we had a group like Steps still around. I loved that type of music and still do.

BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have loved to take him up on his offer, though! Clin d'oeil

And of course I went out and bought their CD after that. Clin d'oeil I still have it and still love to listen to it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this nice and awesome awesome post
its really amazing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: