FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Cosmo the Parent
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Cosmo the Parent Reply with quote

Well I've finally seen a couple of the new episodes of Fairly Oddparents. All I saw though were the episodes where Timmy's hair goes out of control and the episode where Timmy babysits Baby Poof, and I like that episode better so far.

Kind of a funny episode though.

And even though Cosmo is now Daddy Cosmo, I think he's still acting a little like a goof. I don't know if he's doing it to the degree he does it or if he's doing it less (I hope so).

At the end of the episode though after Cosmo and Wanda find out that Timmy and Baby Poof went to that building under construction, Wanda and even Cosmo glare at Timmy! I guess that kind of shows that Cosmo has a little bit of "responsible parent" in him, well, at least to me.

I think it's nice to see Cosmo acting more like a parent. That or, it would be really nice to see Cosmo acting more like a father.

Not too much though, otherwise the show might start going downhill again. Or the next thing you know he'll end up grounding Timmy even though he's not really his father.

Cosmo, "Timmy Turner, YOU'RE GROUNDED!"
Timmy, "But..."
"NO BUTS!," goes Cosmo", No TV for a week! No friends over, and no playing with Poof!" Embarassť

huh

Well, I don't know if Cosmo would do anything like that as crazy as he is, but he doesn't have the authority to do that.

Then again...... what if Wanda sided with Cosmo on that?

What if Timmy acted so irresponsible towards Poof that Cosmo and Wanda punished Timmy despite just being his Godparents and not real parents.

If that were to happen though, and he really couldn't do any fun things, I think Timmy's parents would be wondering "Hey Sport," how come you're not watching TV or having your friends over?"

What would Timmy say? Cause he cannot tell his parents about his Godparents or Godbrother. Maybe Timmy will say "Ehhhh, I don't feel like it." And then what will happen? Will they leave it at that or will the problem escalate?

If Cosmo and Wanda did ground Timmy, they'd be acting too much like parents and not like Godparents and they'd be abusing their powers.

You know, I really wish Cosmo and Wanda could stay with Timmy forever. I know it's against the rules, but Timmy deserves them. And I think they belong to him, especially since Poof exists now. And I think Poof would have more fun with Timmy than with anyone else. I think Cosmo and Wanda should stay his godparents for life, up until Timmy goes to his grave.

Well, that's about all I wanted to say. I look forward to reading your comments on this post.
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I agree with you it does seem he is acting more like a parent then ever before. The first episode was the best and how Cosmo was siding with Wanda at the end was classic. Cosmo said that Poof is just like him that is so scary! Surpris

I always wanted them to stay with Timmy forever as well. It is only a cartoon but it is so sad how they finally have to leave after he doesn't need them. Then he will forget he ever had them that is even worse. I always wondered does that happen to the fairies to? Cause it seemed that Cosmo couldn't remember Crocker when they went back to when he was little in that one episode. They were his godparents
William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the only reason they forgot Crocker was because after Timmy accidently revealed that Crocker had Godparents (THANKS TO COSMO'S STUPIDITY AFTER HE WAS SPECIFICALLY TOLD "DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID!!!" This is the modern Cosmo by the way.

But anyway, the reason they don't remember being Crocker's Godparents is because 70s Cosmo got the neuralizer and pointed it at Wanda and erased her memory and erased his memory too, and it caused Wanda to say "Who's that kid?" I think that's how Cosmo and Wanda do not remember being Crocker's godparents.

You brought up a really great point Rebekah 10, I wonder why they don't want the kids to remember that they had fairy godparents? I mean what's the point of having fairys if you're not going to remember them?

Could it be because fairies, or Jorgen, or whoever's in charge, does not want to risk the Godkids telling other's about the Fairies. Or is it because that if they remember, they're going to end up trying to discover the Fairies and even abuse the fairies and abuse or misuse their powers?

I'm all about rules and all but couldn't they bend the rules a bit? I mean, except for Crocker, what possible harm could occur if humans knew that Fairies existed?

If I was to forget that something happened in my life, especially something good, it would cause a real huge void in my life and in my mind and it would really hurt and cause a lot of anxiety. And it's already happened to me a lot for the last few years.

And if Timmy were to forget he had Godparents, what kind of childhood memory is he going to have? It's not really good to mess with other people's minds.

Okay I'll hush, I'm getting carried away again.
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this kind of ruins the original show. Not necessarily bad, but definately not like FOP used to be... which was a word we used to use *thinks* uh... GOOD. That's the word I was looking for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally a new responder! Thanks!

I don't mean to live in the past, but I don't really feel ready for a new FOP character right now. I think I'm gonna hold off for some time before watching anymore episodes featuring Poof.

Baby Poof has changed Fairly Oddparents big time. Even though it was easy to accept Baby Dil Pickles as a new Rugrats character, and he looks a whole lot cuter as a 9 year old, to me, I just don't feel ready to accept Poof as a new character at this time. It's because I have a lot going on in my personal environment right now.

But I hopefully will later. Until then, I'm sticking with the Pre-Poof episodes.

I have trouble with some new things at some times.
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty much the same way. I mean, the last 3 eps (including the movie) have been 2 star, while some of the seasons 2 and 3 stuff were 5 star the first time I watched them. None of these with Poof are worth watching again, but I guess they appeal to kids these days... I wouldn't know, I'm 16...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they were cute but I can understand where you 2 are coming from.
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

William Pearson wrote:
You brought up a really great point Rebekah 10, I wonder why they don't want the kids to remember that they had fairy godparents? I mean what's the point of having fairys if you're not going to remember them?

Could it be because fairies, or Jorgen, or whoever's in charge, does not want to risk the Godkids telling other's about the Fairies. Or is it because that if they remember, they're going to end up trying to discover the Fairies and even abuse the fairies and abuse or misuse their powers?

I had an idea about the public finding out about fairies. It was about the US Government falling apart and the world decending into another war.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's a really great one Tommy-Baby. I also always thought that maybe it would be to painful for the kids. You know like when you lose someone you love so much, pretty much how I would take it anyways.

Possibly like on Fairy Idol when Timmy lost them but still knew who they were and he was most likly more upset about that then before he got them.
William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say that maybe Fairies don't want kids to remember they had Godparents because of the risk of telling other humans about them and that humans could discover fairy world and not just abuse the fairy magic but also even enslave the fairies and treat them the way poachers treat animals.

Well not really enslave the fairies but endanger them despite them being more powerful than humans.

Humans and fairies, well not just any human, good humans, good trustworthy humans should be at peace with each other.

Hey maybe it can go like this:

If humans are very good and trust worthy, and not dangerous, then maybe they can know about Fairy World and the Fairies. That way Fairies and humans can live in harmony with each other.

And if any Human does something seriously wrong towards the fairies or in fairy world, and even does something to endanger them, then that individual, and whomever went along with him, should be banished indefinitely from fairy world and forget he was ever in fairy world and will never know about Fairy World or the fairies again.

Now as for Rebekah 10, I don't know if I'm supporting the whole kids forgetting they had fairies when they lose them, but that's a good point. I'd be sad too if I lost my fairy godparents and remembered I had them. I don't know if I'd rather forget I had them when they depart from me, or remember them but be sad and miss them severely.

This is a question someone must ask Butch Hartman, and if anyone finds the answer, please keep me posted.
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommy_baby wrote:
William Pearson wrote:

It was about the US Government falling apart and the world decending into another war.

It isn't already happening? Rire
Spongebobs babe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first episode where timmy babysits poof is the best one yet. I love baby poof. Cosmo is also so funny in that one too. Especially at the end when he glares at timmy with wanda. That is just too funny. Fier Rire

William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeahhh, that was funny. I think that that was the best episode. I don't think I'll watch it again till May though. Don't ask why.
Starlightfairy
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even IF a human is good and trustworthy, I think Jorgen or the Fairy Council is not willing to take ANY risks in letting humans run free with such a big secret....since Godparenting is done on a worldwide scale, it's way too hard to trust and keep track of EVERY human child with the memory of his godparents.

The way I see it, it may be painful for the child and the godparents, but it's necessary. The same with the law that states that Fairies cannot have their own offspring anymore. Without it, mass chaos would occur.

Humans are just too sensationalist when it comes to supernatural things like that. And the Government would fret about it too.

Don't forget....join the Fairy Academy RPG....now reloaded!!!

Poof, the last fairy baby boy born...and cutest thing alive!!
William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this is one of my few posts that gets a bunch of replies. Fascinating!

Anywho, it being painful but necessary, this brings me back to 'What's the point of having fairies if you're not going to remember them?" To me that's just a waste of time. But I don't want to start another controversy like what happened with Cosmo having a baby when it should have been Wanda.

Anyway, you do make a good point about. We [Imperfect] humans have messed up a lot in this world and messed up the world itself, and sadly many won't admit that or don't care to do anything about it. And many people are doing things to ruin things for the rest of us.

I mean, I'm a railfan, and I like to go out and hang out near railroad crossings and take pictures and videos of them and the trains that go by them (and I prefer crossings with lights and gates. And if you are a railfan too, I prefer crossings with 12" lights, red lensed LEDs by Western Cullen Hayes, General Signals, Safetran, Dialight, etc (except Harmon and US&S), and I do like 8" incandescent lights and 8" LEDs too, and 12x24 lights are okay but I prefer LED over incandescent. And I prefer General Signals type 1 electronic bells over other bells, and like the high pitched Western Cullen Hayes electronic bells that ring fast, and I like the Western Cullen Hayes and WRRS mechanical bells, and wooden A-frame (wishbone) gates with 7" incandescent lights, or aluminum fiberglass bar gates with 4" LED lights, Western Cullen Hayes LEDs, and Aurora gate LEDs, but 4" incandescent lights and 7" incandescent lights are okay too.)

Sorry I went into that but I wanted you to know me a little more, but Anyway as a railfan I like to go railfanning but it's not that easy anymore because sometimes police officers will pull over and confront me and ask me what I'm doing and why. And there are some railroad crossings I cannot visit anymore due to them being in sensitive areas like near Military Bases or Airports or Powerplants, etc and I've been ordered to leave those places or the police would be called, or the police would be there and they'd really confront me and even search me. Bottom line, it's hard to railfan anymore because of what happened on September 11th.

And because of those terrorists, and the "Chaos" that they've caused everyone in and outside this country, the United States if you will, there's a lot of things we cannot do anymore, and there are some railroad crossings I cannot visit anymore. Well that's okay because I've lost my interest in the ones in the sensitive area anyway, but there are other crossings I like that I have not visited yet that I cannot visit anymore thanks to them.

...................HOMELAND..................SECURITY....................

So I guess that Fairyworld is trying not to have, if it didn't already happen, a September 11th. Well they probably did on the first Jimmy Timmy movie. And for all I know they've probably already initiated a Fairy World version of Homeland Security. Or to shorten it a bit, Fariyland Security.

Don't take this the wrong way but you guys make Fairies, despite being powerful, seem fragile and like endangered species.

I wonder how Cosmo and Wanda are going to react when they have to leave Timmy and how Timmy is going to react when he has to lose Cosmo and Wanda permanently, not like those other times Timmy has lost Cosmo and Wanda, or almost lost them, and when Timmy's memory of them gets wiped away.

Either it's going to go by the book, or maybe they'll give Timmy immunity, but probably still swear him to secrecy since he seems to be the most popular human to the Faries. I mean check out the Hall of Timmy in the episode "Hassle in the Castle".

That or despite Timmy being the most popular human to the fairies, at least to me, they're still going to wipe the memory of such a valuable and very cute human. Well I guess that even after Cosmo and Wanda leave Timmy they'll remember him as their best Godkid and maybe the humans will still celebrate Timmy despite him not being allowed to be involved with the Fairies anymore.

But yes it's true humans mess up many things. And I am sickened at other humans who ruin things for the rest of us and endanger other humans and even animals. And because of that, our freedom limited.

And it will make me furious if humans endangered faries.

If this was not what you're talking about Starlightfairy, or not completely what you're talking about, I don't know what you're talking about then. Please fill me in a little more.

But to me now, Fairies, even Jorgen, are private, fragile, and endangered creatures despite being magic and powerful. And I will not be happy if humans corrupt and provoke fairies. If that were to happen many fairies and even humans could get killed.

This is what makes Fairly Oddparents less good, less fun, less exciting, and less my most favorite cartoon. But still my most favorite cartoon. I think if it weren't for Timmy being in there, I probably wouldn't care that much for Fairly Odd Parents, unless there was a character in there that was just as good looking as Timmy.

All those kids with fairies, I feel sorry for them now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: