Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Rugrats
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr.vink_19
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Rugrats Reply with quote

Does anyone else think that Rugrats should never have been removed from the line-up? I believe it was their most popular show until SpongeBob came around. I really don't understand why they felt the need to remove it. They could at least air a couple of episodes on the weekend in place of one of those constant mini-marathons.

Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, and I would include other old, classic Nicktoons in the lineup, like Hey Arnold!. Both the original Rugrants and HA! stayed in the air for a really long time (what was it, almost a decade?) and it took a long time for both to show some wear. The problem began when they came up with the movies (unless Superyo thinks differently, Rugrats in Paris was merely an over-extended episode)

Come to think of it, it seems a rule of thumb of sorts: whenever they are considering pulling the plug on a Nicktoon, they have released one or two movies that pretend to "fill in the blanks" and tie all the loose ends. It happened with Rugrats, but also with Wild Thornberries (Rugrats go wild), Rocket Power (Island of the Menehune and its sequel, The Big Day), and Hey Arnold! (HA! the movie). It even happened with ChalkZone, a not-so-popular cartoon that nevertheless managed to stay on for some time.

Anyway, right now they seem to be playing a saturation game with Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron and FOP. You can see the same reruns of SBSP over and over and over again, and hardly any other Nicktoon there. IMO, this might be costing them dearly in terms of audience, particularly with the younger kids; they will turn to Disney Channel or Cartoon Network or Jetix or even Warner Channel to see cartoons. Not many young kids (say, 10 years old and younger) like live-action shows over cartoons.

Perhaps Nick is trying to turn into a Teenager-oriented network???
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Rugrats all the time like 6 to 10 years ago, I thought it was a great series... the first decade...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Rugrats I think I watched them from the time I was like 4 or 5 and if nickelodeon aired it again I would still watch them. They were the greatest nicktoon for a long time till the other one's came in Cool
avaitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing them on again, and I'm sure that children ni the demographic still remembers it, maybe Nick could change their minds and put it on again. Or not, and air even more SpongeBob.
Megagents
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rugrats was to Nick as Scooby Doo was to CN.

In other words, in came on a lot and although I wasn't a huge fan, I find myself missing it. I try to catch them whenever I can on Nick or Nicktoons Network.
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Too bad the sequel AGU didn't fare that well. I personally liked it most. Don't mind watching it if I catch it by chance.
Rugrat
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I think it's ridiculous that they felt they had to remove both Rugrats and All Grown Up. Now I'm fired up and ticked off that they removed all the good cartoons: Hey Arnold!, As Told By Ginger, Angry Beavers, you know... the stuff that made Nickelodeon worth watching.
avaitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm very late, but Rugrats is back all week at 6 AM. 6:30 AM on weekends.
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGU was on Nicktoons yesterday morning around 8 AM-9 AM-ish. I can't remember the exact time and I've looked to see if it's going to be on again and when but I can't find it. I personally loved Rugrats and AGU. Triste
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do I but it's only aired on paid channel here Hum... (well, Rugrats, not agu)

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really sucks. I wish Nick / Viacom sold their old series on DVD, like they already do with Spongebob and even Avatar. I wouldn't mind paying something to own an original DVD set with all the episodes, plus the movies. This goes basically for AGU, Rocket Power and Chalkzone, though I know the latter will hardly ever make it to the shelves. It was not that popular in its day... Triste
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What they oughtta do is release Rugrats in season box sets and do the AGU eps as special features on some of the Rugrats DVDs. JMO, though.
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really should do that. Get all the older one's like that on seasons. Me and my sis would defintaly buy every one of them and then it would be like a walk down memory lane.

I really miss those older shows.
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure it'd be cheaper if they added the AGU eps as special features, considering the show didn't air all that long and Rugrats was on forever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: