NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Do you believe in love at first sight?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Do you believe in love at first sight? Reply with quote

I think I might be in love, but with someone I hardly know.

He works with me, but I've only talked to him a couple of times. I know his name, but I don't even know if he knows mine. He's tall and kinda stocky. Looks like he could be the kind of guy who played football and was on the wrestling team in high school. He doesn't look or seem like the kind of guy a lot of girls would like to date, though. He's also really nice and friendly.

I'm so confused right now. I've never felt like this before. One minute I'm really happy, the next I'm really scared about what I'm feeling. Maybe the latter is due to the fact that I've always had a rough time with dating and I'm scared to death of being hurt again, I don't know. I can't think straight and sometimes have a hard time concentrating. I'd love to talk to him and try to get to know him better, but we never seem to be in the same place at the same time and if we are we never really get to talk beyond "hi".

I think I might just put everything in the hands of fate and let whatever's supposed to happen happen, all the while praying that things will go the way I hope they will and will work out for the best.
FairlyOddChild
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your last sentence about letting it just be and see what happens.

I don't believe in love at first sight. I believe in lust at first sight. Love to me is you would sacrifice yourself for that person. That's just me though. :-/

Star
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in love at first sight but then, I'm a hopeful romantic! Sourire

I think you should try to talk to him and see what happens. Take a risk! Something wonderful could come of it and if not, at least you can say you tried. Doing nothing doesn't get you anywhere. Believe me, I know. You'll just end up right back where you've always been.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's is one easy thing to do wich may help... Maybe at your job you'll need a hand to do something (move a heavy box, something that doesn't work...) so you call him and ask some help !... and while he helps you, you ask so few questions like his name for example Clin d'oeil

Good luck Sourire

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Star - you should take the risk!
You'd end up regretting it if you never got the chance.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got to talk to him the other day! Très content I spent one of my 15 minute breaks talking to him. It was nothing special, just chit-chat, but it was still talk. Oh, and he does know my name! Sourire

Now if I could just get up enough nerve to ask him to a movie or something. . .
Star
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See? You're off to a good start! Sourire

Keep talking to him and maybe he'll ask you out. Or else you'll get more comfortable and ask him out. Keep us posted.
DesperateEmo
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love at first sight? Pile of wank.
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now here comes my next question: How can I let him know I'm interested without seeming too interested? I don't want to scare him away and ruin any possible chances I may have. I think some of my problems in the past have been because I've made it too obvious to a guy that I like him and that scares him away. I've never intentionally done this, but I'd like to change my ways.

Any tips? Confused
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I don't know, as a guy I love it if a chick makes it clear she's intrested. Too offten chicks dump little hints they expect us to get that go right over our heads. If he's intrested at all it doesn't really matter how you approach him as long as you aren't way over the top.

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree with you, Marching to Mars Rire

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleure

I just found out today that he already has a girlfriend. Why does this always happen to me? Pleure

I might as well just face it. . .I'm gonna be alone forever.

Somehow I knew it wouldn't work out, even if I wanted it to. I've had a feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be too worried that happens to everyone. Seems like very girl I sat by in college who I enjoyed talking to and that always had a boyfriend. Dating people at work isn't always the best idea anyways. .

Star
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, I'm sorry to hear it. Triste I know it seems horrible right now but you'll get over this. There are other guys out there and one day you'll find one that realizes how special you are. You will NOT be alone forever!
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it happens to me all the time, though, and I'm starting to get tired of it.

It's like it's too much to ask for to have somebody to do things with, let alone somebody to date. It also seems like the only guys who are interested in me are the dirty old men old enough to be my dad, but I have standards and won't stoop that low.

Oh, and I met his girlfriend today. Apart from the whole having the guy I want thing, I don't like her. I think she's pushy and a loud-mouth and he could do much better.

Now I know what Avril must've been thinking/feeling when she wrote "Girlfriend". She hit the nail right on the head with that one. . .

On another note, maybe I should just try being friends with him. It could work out to have its advantages. Maybe he has a friend who's available , or if things just don't work out with his girlfriend, who knows. I'm not going to be one of those girls who tries and succeeds at breaking them up, though, just because I didn't get what I wanted. That's wrong, and I've seen people do that and it doesn't get them anywhere, except that the person they attempted to get now doesn't like them at all, and I don't want that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: