RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

The Simpsons Movie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: The Simpsons Movie Reply with quote

I've opened a thread for all Simpsons fans who have seen the movie.

WARNING !

Messages below contain information about the movie that may spoil it for you if you haven't seen it already. If you're planning to go to the theater, you shouldn't read !!

--------------------------------------------------------

Like the Simpsons episodes, the movie has the same structure. One main story, a secondary story and of course an itchy and scratchy episode !

The main story is about ecology. Springfield is the most polluted town in the United-States so they must do something. Everybody's trying his best except Homer who throws more trash !

President Schwarzenegger decided to react and made the decision to trap Springfield into a dome of glass ! Citizens, totally angry, take the Simpsons out of the town. The family then decides to go live in Alaska ! However, when they learned their old town will be destroyed, everyone (except Homer) decides to do something.

Here's a short summary of the main story, the secondary story is based on Bart. After some stupid bets, the Simpsons' boy notices that he may not have the dad he deserves and he starts a deep friendship with Ned Flanders !

Now, let's talk about some more details of the movie with some pics !

Let's start with the bets ! It all starts with the usual roof repairing when Homer hurts his eye with his hammer !

Homer asks Bart to climb the antenna while he shakes it ! The kid falls and grabs the drainpipe at the last minute !

Bart asks something stupider of Homer: he has to carry bricks on his back while he shoots him ! A funny detail, Fox displayed a fake ad message at the bottom of the screen during this scene ! Rire

What makes Bart really angry is when Homer asked him to go skateboarding all nakie !

This sequence which lasted around 2 minutes is really funny 'cause during 1'90, there is always something that hides Bart ! A ball, water, cigarettes, ans during 10 seconds, we see Bart's lil weewee Rire It's incredible that Matt Groening really did that !

Springfield's citizens hunt the Simpsons !

A funny detail, the citizens went the wrong way and Homer calls them through the window Rire

Another really funny part is Homer's pig, of course ! Rire

It's really funny when he walks on the ceiling or when he's disguised in a Harry Potter costume Rire

Another interesting scene is when Marge asks Homer to take care of the pigs... er... dirt... it's what starts the story !

Of course, I won't forget to tell you that Lisa found a boyfriend !

He's like her, he loves music and ecology !

To join his family, Homer decided to use a dog sled ! Rire

Another funny part is Homer's fishing method ! Rire

For those of you who do not wait for the end credits, I'll tell you that there's a surprise in them... Clin d'oeil

Warning : If you answer this message and decide to post pictures, ONLY official pictures from trailers are allowed... Thanks Sourire

Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on seeing it next week. I don't have my hopes super high though. I'm wooried they are just going to spend most of the time doing things they can't do onTV and it will be a disappointment.

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was pretty good imo Sourire

Yeah they did stuff they couldn't do on TV but it was really well done Sourire

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kindof want to see it, if i do it won't be for a couple of weeks anyways that way it won't be mega crowded.
avaitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see it tomorrow, but I don't get why they put it out on the weekend of Comic Con, when 120,000 max of it's fans will be too busy in San Diego to see it. I'd say expect it to do extraodrinaily well on Monday when everyone comes back form SDCC.
knoodelhed
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the movie. It was entertaining, probably worth the matinee or student rate. ^___^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Future_Dwight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marching to Mars wrote:
I plan on seeing it next week. I don't have my hopes super high though. I'm wooried they are just going to spend most of the time doing things they can't do onTV and it will be a disappointment.

There are a few scenes, but with reason. Basically if you want to know, SPOILER...

Bart's nude front is shown, but you'll see the execution is done really well (not just 'Hey, let's show it now'), Homer gives fingers as he slips away from the mob, and Marge says god****. But overall the parts that can't be done on TV are all done so that they're funny, not with 'let's be edgy because this is a movie' in mind. Especially Marge, as that's just unexpected from her (though she basically already used it the same way she did in another episode, saying "Just tell her to push the friggin' button").

Yeah, I'll be buying it when it comes out. Not a ton to say, but I loved Homer's stupid moment when he sees his reflection in the dome. Lisa's crush writing out the music in staff form on the dorm was pretty funny too. The "taped over the wedding video" scene was great emotion, something that hasn't been done in a looooong time.

Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that was really a sad part... since we saw some minutes ago that this tape was the only things Marge wanted to keep... Triste

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it today.
The experience was a little spoiled by an idiotic grown man explaining everything on screen and laughing, but besides that I was a little disappointed.
The real funny parts were already shown to death in trailers and there weren't many other jokes that I hadn't seen before.
At least the pace was decent, unlike recent TV episodes which have such long lead-up and end so quickly. Other than that it didn't have many other redeeming qualities.

Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone seen the end of the credits , its when maggie talks

( there i just ruined it for everyone muahahahah Rire )
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Groening promised a surprise during the ending credits... we had it Clin d'oeil

Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she seid: sequal ? lol:
bradclarke
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backdrop wrote:

yeah, who knows if they will really do it though. Took them 4 years for this one

Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

backdrop wrote:

In fact she said "La suite" but I guess it's maybe because I saw the French version Rire

A sequel could be goog but like bradclarke said, if we have to wait 4 more years Hum...

Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it last night. I had mixed feelings. The first half I though was gold, but the later half wasn't as funny when they were concentrating too hard on the story. Good, but not great IMO. Honestly, I've seen better episodes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: