RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

FOP: A story on what to do when driving to a rail crossing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: FOP: A story on what to do when driving to a rail crossing Reply with quote

I was driving my car outside of Dimsdale to Adrena Land with Timmy, Chester, AJ, Elmer, and Sanjay in my red 1950s car. Cosmo and Wanda were in their car scent disguise. As I was driving, Timmy, Chester, AJ, Elmer and Sanjay were all talking to each other . Timmy was sitting in shotgun. His friends were in the back seats. I also have the radio on.

As I am driving I come up towards this sign right here:

I also see that symbol painted on the pavement.

Then I look in the distance and see it's a railroad crossing without gates or flashing lights. This is the crossing i am talking about.

So what I do is, I slow down, roll down my window, turn down the music and say this to everybody:

"Okay we're coming to a railroad crossing everybody so I'm going to need you all to be quiet for a moment so I can listen for a train."

And everybody get's quiet. As I pull up to the crossing, I stop, look both ways and listen for a train's whistle... I hear nothing at all. SO then I proceed across the tracks and make it safely to the other side.

No train has come around that moment. So I tell the boys to go ahead and talk again, I roll up the windows and resume my speed. And I turn the music back on.

We make it safely to Adrina Land!
William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Part 2 Reply with quote

The next day I take Timmy, Chester, AJ, Elmer, and Sanja to a BBQ. We are looking forward to having a lot of good food and fun. The radio is on too and all the boys are talking.

Once again I am coming to this sign:

And I do go over the Pavement Marking with the RXR symbol again too, except this time I'm approaching some objects that look exactly like these:

Once again I slow down, roll down my window, lower the volume on the radio and ask everyone to quiet down. Again I pull up to the crossing, stop, look both ways and listen for a train. I hear nothing and cross the tracks.

"Hey William," says Chester.
"Yes" I reply.
"Why'd you stop, there wasn't a train coming," he said.
"Yeah why William," asked Elmer.
"This crossing had lights and gates on it<" says Sanjay.
Timmy helps me out with this, "Well guys, there may be lights and gates on those crossings, but we can't always rely on them to tell us a train is coming. We have to rely on ourselves to be cautious at crossings even with the devices."
"Yeah," says AJ, "And sometimes those gates and lights won't activate even with a train. Fortunatley that's very rare and doesn't happen often, but can still happen. I mean if we go up to a crossing and rely on the signals to active and a train is coming and the lights don't flash and the gates don't go down, then we..."
"Say no more," says Chester, "Too painful!"

I was impressed with Timmy and AJ in their explaination of how we had to be careful at railroad crossings.

"Yes" I say, "Timmy and AJ are right. I've seen a few times in magazines and on a TV show some examples of signals not activating when a train comes and that is not a pretty sight. We really have to be careful at railraod crossings even if they are equipped with lights gates and bells.

So we continue on to our BBQ. I hope this story taught you some things. This was not just for pure entertainment, this was to set some examples on what you should do if you should ever come to a railroad crossing. So let's never just cross tracks like nothing is going to happen.

At crossings without gates or flashing lights or bells, let's slow down, roll down our windows, turn down all things that impare hearing and make sure everyone is quiet and then STOP LOOK AND LISTEN for trains.

At crossings with lights or lights and gates, not only should we pay attention and watch for the lights to flash and the gates to go down and STOP when they do and not race a train or drive around the gates, but let's also treat them as if they don't have lights or gates and be very cautious and not be too dependent on them to save our lives.

The End

Special Thanks: Operation Lifesaver and others.
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. Sourire

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Fanfics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: