NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Wow!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

It's amazing what happens when you're gone for two weeks. Rire I just thought I'd come say hi and see what's up with everybody. Apparently a lot's been going on. Sourire

Anyway, not much is new with me. I'm finally looking for a new four-legged best friend of the canine variety, but haven't found anything in particular that interests me yet, and I might help a friend with a fundraiser for her 1-year-old neice who was born with some kind of deadly disease. She might not even live to three years old. I guess she's one of only 16 known cases of this disease in the world, but I can't remember what the name of the disease is. Her family is selling Livestrong bracelets with *Just for Paige* on them. (Paige is the name of the baby, BTW.) I bought a bracelet from my friend, but I'd really love to help her sell more of these bracelets, so I'm going to ask her if she'd like me to help. I also thought about making a necklace for Paige with her name on it and giving her a teddy bear. My friend said she's gone through several operations and blood transfusions since she's been born and a lot of times when she eats she throws her food back up. I feel so bad for her. Pleure

Anyway, that's all the news I have. Sourire
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there, glad you're back and joined our new home. Yep lots has been going on here and there. I hope you get a nice new four-legged friend soon. Sorry about your friend's neice Pleure, I hope something happens and she gets much better soon.

So it looks like the end finally for the old board. I went there earlier and got a 'no data' message, which was probably to do with my browser, but now it definately appears to be end of it. It will be missed. RIP old board Triste.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W/sup BHC. yep! ALOT has been going on since you left...you weren't there to see the board close, were you? Sorry about your neice. Triste
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome here bhc Sourire

Sorry to hear about your friend's niece Triste

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you made it to the new community Sourire

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's niece. That is such a tragedy for one so young to go through all that. Have they ever thought about setting up an online site to sell those bracelettes to make money for the cause? I know a lot of people would be more than happy to purchase them to help out with such a cause. I've seen people with similar ideas selling their homemade stuff on ebay for charity. The situation would most likely bring in a lot of purchases from people who want to help Sourire

I wish them the best in their fundraising. It's never fun to see a child suffer at such a young age and not have a cure.
~Mara

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: