RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

[SBSP] S4 discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiderBraids
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: [SBSP] S4 discussion Reply with quote

Just for the heck of breaking up the monotony of AGU! threads here, here's an SBSP classic from May '05, discussing S4, and whether SBSP was losing fans.

====

nickelodeon: I've just been at TVTome's Spongebob forum and alot of people are complaining that season 4 episodes sucks and that SB is an old dryed up show now.

Do you think Spongebob is losing alot of fans?

sarah: I'm less interested in the show than I used to be, so yeah, I think so. It's a sad situation, and the writers need to focus less on sticking to characters' personalities when writing a script and more on just having fun.

PCBob: Sarah pretty much hit the nail on the head. It seems that the writers focus on the same aspects of a character's personality over and over again, from Spongebob's passion for work (which has grown into more of an annoyance than a quirky trait) to Mr. Krabs lust for money. It started around the end of season 3, but it seems to not be getting any better. And c'mon, five out of the six episodes thus far this season involved Mr. Krabs. Bring on something fresh.

nickoldlodeon: Sarah did

Rebecca_10: I thinkv they are losing fans this season except for a few eps. is really boring. I mean their is nothing to them they have gone way to fast. Like they make a huge deal about an episode and then they show it and its dissapointing.

Hans_Moleman: Sarah got it perfectly, screw plots, just make it the fun it was before.

Tattletale Strangler (aka WIRules) : So far, this season is my least favorite. My ranking order is 3, 2, 1, 4. It just isn't the same. SpongeBob's voice being higher and the new animation make me think I'm watching a new show and the show's quality look worse than season 3 to me.

encino: Yes !!!! I am glad they are losing fans. Maybe everyone will get tired of it so then they can show different old nicktoons.

nickelodeon: Ya so sad.They made oto big deal about Krusty Krab and Plankton.Some of them have been nothing but Krabs and Plankton.And also they havent showed Gary even once.

The show is losing its charm.Maybe its better off being canceled after this season.Did the writers change? It doesent seem to have that Spongebob humor like the old ones.

encino: Oh how I hope I gets cancelled

Tattletale Strangler: If you don't like the show, it'd be best not to post in this forum. While the people who posted here aren't as happy with season 4, they at least still like the show, where you are saying that you hate it. Some of the SpongeBob fans might not like your comments.

nickelodeon: There are a few new writers (Mike Bell, Mike Mitchell, and Kyle McCulloch I believe are new), but people like Aaron Springer and Paul Tibbitt, who have been involved since season 1, are still writers. Maybe the show is different just because before season 4, the last time they produced shows was in 2002. Personally, I like the late season 3 animation, and I wish they stuck with that.

encino: Yeah I know I shouldn't be posting in this forum and I never do post here but I am just tired of watching it all the time.
Sorry everyone.

Evanescence_Fan: Why are you watching it all the time if you hate it?

I do agree that this seson has been lacking it's flavor. It seems like thier trying too make it funnier without much progress. Sometimes cartoon writers need to stop trying so hard and just let the show flow, you know what I mean?

And what happened to the Krusty Krab 2 that was in the movie?

_Spongey34: I guess I'm the only one that likes season 4 so far...

The problem isn't in the writers, it's in the viewers. They're not the ones focusing too much on the characters, we are. Nowadays, everyone goes to whatever forum, and tries to break down every little detail from an episode and try to find reasons to say it was bad. Back when the show started, there was none of that. We just watched it and enjoyed. It's a cartoon, and that's what it's meant for. You're not supposed to think about plot holes or whatever, you just sit back and get a good laugh. We're the ones trying too hard, and therefore don't like it as much as before. But I think season 4 is pretty good so far, and there's been at least one great episode out of 6, and that isn't bad at all. And it's way too early to judge this season anyway, being only 15% done.

So yeah, basically, the show hasn't really changed; the fans have. And to answer the question, its no. No matter what a bunch of members on a message board think, SpongeBob has not lost any viewers since May 6th. The only thing that would cause that would be more time with no more episodes. They did good to start showing them again. We just have to appreciate it for what it is, not for what we think it should have been.

rugrats1: Do you think the movie might've been the source for some of the discontent? Some viewers that have seen the film would've expected the characters (such as Mindy) and developments (like SB as manager of Krusty Krab II) to transfer over to the TV, which didn't.

Tattletale Strangler: I don't really try to find bad parts in episodes much. If whatever the heck it is that's different about season 4 wasn't, I probably would have nothing to complain about. Usually, I try to think of the good stuff. People like Simpsons fans are always trying to criticize and overlook something, and like Spongey34 said, they should just sit down and enjoy the show for once. I'm not too picky, because some of the Simpsons episodes I enjoy aren't liked by most obsessed fans.

sarah: So yeah, basically, the show hasn't really changed; the fans have. And to answer the question, its no. No matter what a bunch of members on a message board think, SpongeBob has not lost any viewers since May 6th. The only thing that would cause that would be more time with no more episodes. They did good to start showing them again. We just have to appreciate it for what it is, not for what we think it should have been.

You're probably right that it hasn't lost fans worldwide, but I know that many people (non-fans) are sick of seeing the merchandise everywhere and hearing about it in the media. I wouldn't have said it was losing fans if I were just talking about myself.

Rebecca_10: Ya so sad.They made oto big deal about Krusty Krab and Plankton.Some of them have been nothing but Krabs and Plankton.And also they havent showed Gary even once.

The show is losing its charm.Maybe its better off being canceled after this season.Did the writers change? It doesent seem to have that Spongebob humor like the old ones.

I thought they were going to? Wasn't the Spongebob crew going to get a whole new crew for Spongebob?

Pelswick13: You're probably right that it hasn't lost fans worldwide, but I know that many people (non-fans) are sick of seeing the merchandise everywhere and hearing about it in the media. I wouldn't have said it was losing fans if I were just talking about myself.

Heck, I'm a fan and I think tere is way to much murchandising, and the fact Nickelodeon treats this show like a God...

As for the Season 4 being not as good, I agree. I try to just sit back and enjoy, and I do enjoy it, but there is something missing in these eps. that was in the show before. There not horrible, there is just something missing...

Rebecca_10: half of the characters? like what ever happened to Mrs. Puff, Sandy? Gary the snail? Larry the Lobster? Pearl? Patrick? (He has been in one episode) or the other regulars?

sarah: I thought they were going to? Wasn't the Spongebob crew going to get a whole new crew for Spongebob?

A whole new crew? Yikes - where did you hear that? A few of the writers are new, but a lot of the older crew is still there.

half of the characters?

Yeah, that is what's missing. Hopefully all the characters will be more evenly spread out as season 4 progresses.

Rebecca_10: Ya hopefully. I think I read that on some article way back sometime. It was something about Steve Hillenburg quitting and another crew coming in to take over Spongebob Sqaurepants.

b00n0se: Okay, so the episodes werent that good. well, have you forgotten about the new patchy special? squidwards ancestor,? sponge and squid switching genes? just because its not good now, its not yet is it?
plus there was a funny ending in an upcoming episode.

_Spongey34: Very true. And I still disagree with the idea that something has changed for the worse. Season 3 started in January of 2002, and of course, they were different too. Every episode is. But there were no forums for people to go to and say that they didn't like it. Now there is, and everybody is in agreement that the quality of the episodes has lowered because of that. That's just how I see it, and I disagree. Season 4 is fine so far, and its just started.

Sohio: Come on people, the show has had three episodes aired out of twenty. There's going to be seventeen episodes of that season and who knows what can happen. We can't start critizing the season after the seeing three episodes. However, we should view the whole season instead of one episode and it will only hurt yourself because you gave one look at it. You need to see the different deminsions of what your viewing.

Tattletale Strangler: I didn't (mean to) criticize the whole of season 4, as I've only seen three episodes. I still see the funny jokes and story lines. The only reason I don't care for season 4 as much is because it has a different feel to it than the other ones. I will still keep watching the show, and eventually I should get used to the new style and have nothing to complain about (I hate critics, so I'm not much of one).

Pelswick13: Ya, that bascailly(sp?) sums up how I feel.

SpiderBraids: Do you think the movie might've been the source for some of the discontent? Some viewers that have seen the film would've expected the characters (such as Mindy) and developments (like SB as manager of Krusty Krab II) to transfer over to the TV, which didn't.

And what especially didn't transfer over well was the whole deal with Plankton and the burger recipe. I mean, the plot of one of the eps centers around Plankton setting up a psychiatrist's office in hopes of getting it from an overworked SpongeBob.

Given how KC always managed to work plot developments in its movies into subsequent eps of the shows they were based on (the whole thing about Debbie being turned into a baboon sticks out particularly), I wouldn't be surprised at all at that being the viewers' expectations. (To be fair tho, we haven't seen Sarah Wellington since she asked Eliza if she wanted an aisle or window seat.)

Tattletale Strangler: I like it more without continuation. Otherwise, the show would have new characters and Plankton would never try stealing the secret formula again.

idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in addition to the s4 discussion, here's ones I have seen and dates I saw them:

10th April: Have You Seen This Snail
11th April: Skill Crane/Good Neighbors
12th April: Selling Out/Funny Pants
13th April: Patrick Smartpants/Squidbob Tentaclepants
14th April: Enemy In Law/Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy 6
18th April: Krusty Towers/Mrs Puff, You're Fired

So far we've Nick UK has also shown (don't know if already mentioned:

Fear of a Krabby Patty/Shell of a Man
The Lost Mattress/Krabs Vs Plankton

I didn't watch anything yesterday (21st April, so I don't know if there was a new s4 episode or a s4 ep already shown).

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Fan of Sponge
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real problem is that Nick hasn't been airing that many new episodes. We've really only gone through one year and only half of the episodes have aired of the fourth season. It has been either a few or none at all. That's what killing the popularity quicker than ever.

tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, haven't seen Krusty Towers/You're fired, Mrs Puff. Sound good.
Spongebobs babe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still love spongebob, I will always love him. He is so so very sexy! He is a very very very hot sexy babe! La Binocle

idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick UK are showing new SB eps from 9am-3:30pm today (22nd April). tommy_baby I wont go into your mentioned eps to spoil it for you nor anyone else who hasn't seen them yet. All I'm saying in Krusty Towers, Mr Krabs gets a big idea and puts it into action. In You're Fired, Mrs. Puff it's as the title says. I wont say no more though.

I wonder if they'll show the same episodes more than once or both them and completely new episodes. We'll see.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: