NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Terrorists planned to blow up 10 planes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sceptical. Like, how are we supposed to know this was ever going to happen? It was an alleged plot. I don't know about you but I plan to do things all the time but never end up getting round to them.

As I said, sceptical and conspiracy theories are like my middle names Pfff

bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rire
I have a feeling that this was real though, since they disclosed it to the public this time.
I'm all for people of other races and cultures living here, but not if they critisise our way of life (which 24% of British Muslims do, according to Channel 4) while using our hospitals, schools, resources for free. Don't life it? #$@% off.
Wow. I never swear. I must be passionate about this.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you definately have strong feelings!

And some are recent converts and not even pakistani. And yes I agree if they hate the country and people soo much then why don't they leave to the country that they're involved in and love (maybe not putting it quite as bluntly). Or is it that they just like to cause trouble or that they're are hailed hero's!

Another thing that annoys me is the media. They have a tendancy to raise the panic. Also another thing that annoys me is the amount of detail that they publish and broadcast. They're trying to get and give as much info as they can about a secret investigation and things that they shouldn't be. As a couple of people have said the media only helps to add to the problems and trouble.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarjar23 wrote:
Very scary stuff. I learned about the news by flipping on one of the "morning shows" this morning and having a special report airing with these guys explaining what happened. Because of this, you are no longer allowed to bring liquids onto the plane (mp3 players/ipods could also be banned). It's just a real scary thought that 9-11 could have happened all over again today. 10 planes...wow....

Ya I heard about that to on the radio yesterday and it was at the international airport in Phoenix. Your no longer allowed to have Beverages with you on carry on because a couple of idiots had some kind of explosives in their drinks to blow up a flight. It was at the news crew said the line at security took about 3 hrs. because of the two idiots and no one can bring drinks on planes anymore. How sad
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should all be locked up for life, then cloned, and have those clones locked up for life.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
Tom
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearbear wrote:
Rire
I have a feeling that this was real though, since they disclosed it to the public this time.
I'm all for people of other races and cultures living here, but not if they critisise our way of life (which 24% of British Muslims do, according to Channel 4) while using our hospitals, schools, resources for free. Don't life it? #$@% off.
Wow. I never swear. I must be passionate about this.

Either that or you're drunk. Sometimes when people are drunk they swear.

DesperateEmo
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get drunk I like to whip some ass.
azumanga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, when it comes to carry-on drinks in the US, I think the total prohibition won't last too ling -- they'll probably start at least exemptions on sealed drinks bought in the secure areas of the airport.

As for Britain's almost-total prohibition of carry-ons -- considering traveller's reliance on them, it's draconian at least. Like to listen to music? In-flight music channels only (unless they decide to discontinue them). Entertainment? You are hereby now ordered to enjoy -- and laugh at -- the sucky sitcom and movie. Reading material? The in-flight magazine and safety card only -- forget about bringing the paper, your favorite novel, or even your address book on board. Like the view of the ground or the clouds? Kodak moments now forbidden by the British government -- all you have are memories, which they may forbid, too. Trying to beat a deadline by working on the plane? You're fired.

The Brits may or may not loosen the rules in the future, but I have a feeling that this -- maybe more -- may become "the new normal".

It would also make me think twice about ever flying to Britain -- I rather fly to Paris instead; and to be on the safe side, maybe fly from Montreal or Mexico City.

Thanks again, Osama. Feu
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not sail to Britain. It's a lovely place.

Britains newest welcoming.

Welcome to (Insert Airport Name here), where we restrict your enjoyment of planes. If you have not died of bordeom, please move to the tube station or bus station. Cars are now prohibited in airports.

bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather be bored and safe than stimulated and dead.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. I would rather have all these crazy rules and security who will bring down anyone who tries then have us all dead cause they didn't do their job. Hope that made sense
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.

Some people sleep most of the journey, so theyre not bothered about entertainment anyway. I know my dad does. At least if you're flying inland in the UK or flying from the UK to Europe the flights are pretty short to worry about getting bored.

One thing I am glad of is thet there will be no more breaking the using mobile on planes rules now. I can't believe the flight where every five minutes or so through the majority of the flight all I could hear were mobiles ringing and people talking on them. That really annoyed me that people had no consideration for others nor safety.

tommy_baby, lets do a swap then, you're welcome to Britain well England anyway! I'll go and move to Australia, where I'll stay.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
azumanga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idoodley0181 wrote:

One thing I am glad of is thet there will be no more breaking the using mobile on planes rules now. I can't believe the flight where every five minutes or so through the majority of the flight all I could hear were mobiles ringing and people talking on them. That really annoyed me that people had no consideration for others nor safety.

I flew on planes ever since cell phones became commonplace, and I haven't seen or heard anyone talking on their cell in-flight -- only on the ground after they landed.

Apparently, in that area, Americans have a better sense of safety than Brits. (No, I'm not trying to start an "Us vs. Them" flame war, here.)
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idoodley0181 wrote:
tommy_baby, lets do a swap then, you're welcome to Britain well England anyway! I'll go and move to Australia, where I'll stay.

Sure, if you're up for 24 hours flight time!

Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hear any cell phones when i went to the Philippines. that was the worst 14hrs. on a plane that was bad and worst I couldn't sleep at all not eevn doze off. That stunk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: