RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

[Rugrats / TWT] A VERY early review of Rugrats Go Wild

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiderBraids
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: [Rugrats / TWT] A VERY early review of Rugrats Go Wild Reply with quote

Posted anonymously in February 2003, four months before official release. Our anonymous tip seems to have gotten many of the details correct. (Well, s/he should have... it was from a test screening.)

====

Yeah, I know about the picture Rugrats1, thanks:) But what really tickles me is the review that they have about the RMTWT Movie. You know what, Ill just copy and paste the review on this forum, so you guys wont have to go through all that trouble. The review for the RMTWT is below:

"Tuesday 4th February 2003: Rugrats Vs The Wild Thornberry's Update:

Just received the following very cool report from a test screening of Rugrats Vs Wild Thornberry's. They have asked us to remain anonymous and this we respect and thank also for the report!

"The movie was excellent, although we viewed it in the'raw' form with incomplete animation and scenes that were black and white.
Standouts...

*The tidal waves tossing Stu's little boat were very impressively executed. Great animation on the ocean scenes.

*Mrs. Pickles saves the day when she uses her high heel to break through the floor of the sinking boat to save everyone. Very pro-feminine, she was the only one to think quick and take action without anyone's help!

*Betty is elected leader of the marooned vacationers because of her ability to recognize the "circle of chaos' that she has drawn around everyone in the sand. Everyone will relate to her 'circle' but she is a brave, humoruous leader.

*Funny and charming flashbacks to Gilligan's Island, the Titanic and hints of Survivor. Tastefully done.

*Debby and Angelica formed an endearing little brat pack, the young and the older, they were definitely kindred spirits. They sang a great song. Debby ultimately makes some bad choices at Angelica's expense but this enabled Angelica to rescue the babies in a rather confusing scene in the Bath o' sphere.

*Nigil Thornberry gets konked on the head and reverts back to his infancy in a rather annoying sub-plot, but kids will probably like it. He remembers who he is just in the nick of time to save the babies and Angelica who are running out of oxygen in the Bath o' Sphere. He becomes much more likable and maintains a nice calm presence.

*Stu saves the day with his brilliant engineering. Glad to see Debby take responsibility for her actions when she dives in to help raise the Convi? that she caused to sink.

Problems?
* A little confusing at times, not sure how the two families managed to switch vacations in the end or how the Rugrats were eventually rescued.
This will probably get straightened out in the final version.

Overall, music was top notch and the blend of characters was very workable. Some great messages:
1. Families can have fun without electronics and modern culture (the cell phone gets washed away)
2. Let's work as a 'team'
3. Take responsibility for your actions
3. Let yourself go, have fun and sing, even if you can't sing on key (Angelica)

Overall, a feel good movie with lots of great music, laughs and reminisces.
We give it an A." Thanks again Anonymous!"

Well, isnt that interesting. So, what do you guys think about the review for the RMTWT Movie? Do you think that the website (The website that was the first one to have that picture of all the Rugrats together including Spike and Susie) is telling the truth? What do you think?

tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

Now thta's crazy!
SpiderBraids
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommy_baby wrote:
Confused

Now thta's crazy!

This was originally posted in Feb '03, a few months before the release. It was made from a test screening, which nevertheless got most of the details right. Not crazy at all.

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: [Rugrats / TWT] A VERY early review of Rugrats Go Wild Reply with quote

SpiderBraids wrote:
"The movie was excellent(...)"

I think this detail was wrong Tire la langue

Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Rugrats Go Wild was great, but we all have our own opinion!
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Sourire

I was even more disapointed when I bought this DVD (it was a "cheap" one Clin d'oeil ) The movie would have been better with the deleted scenes Triste And I'm sure there were plenty more scenes that hasn't been shown at all (not even on the DVD Triste )

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT but, looking at Superyo's current avatar:

Wonder if he supports the idea of a Jules laser-tag ep as well...

I mean Sophie got like 3-4 soccer eps. Surely K-C could spare at least one ep for a sport a character has actually been shown to be interested in...

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT Sourire

look at my fanarts Tire la langue http://superyo.nuxit.net/agu/membres/superyo

In fact, this fanart was requested by a member from my AGU board... he wanted a Dil fanart... I had this idea Sourire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: