RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Anybody seen any good films recently?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie rich

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also saw Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 also.

Loved it. More than the first! Tire la langue
jadeflower82
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X3: the Last Stand and Pirates of the Carribean 2: Dead Man's Chest

Both good, and both viewed with my dad. Gotta say some of the actors are, well... Tire la langue
~Mara Rire

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster House. ^_^ It's a nice, slightly scary animation movie. Nothing new under the sun, but at least it does have a story, and in the end you discover that everything you were made to think about the villain was a huge error. Clin d'oeil

Looking forward to watch "Ant Bully". Another good-looking animation movie, this time produced by Warner Bros.

Off topic, but this might be interesting to those RP fans out there: down here, in Mexico, both movies have voice talents from the locally dubbed version of the show: in "Monster House", the chubby boy, Chowder, has a voice that is definitely similar, if not the same, as that of Twister Rodriguez. And for "Ant Bully", the dubbing company gave the main character, Lucas, the same voice used on Otto Rocket and Jimmy Neutron in some episodes. Clin d'oeil Just a little useless fact you might like. Fier
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't want to see Ant Bully, the title is just horrible and it looks like a really bad movie.

I posted these in my movie thread (which BTW was started after this one because I didn't know this one was up).

X Men-3: The Last Stand
SUMMARY: The X-Men, mutant heroes sworn to defend a world that hates and fears them, are back! This time, with the help of new recruits The Beast and Angel, they must face evolution itself in the form of their former teammate, Jean Grey. Possessed with the cosmic power of the Dark Phoenix, the resurrected Jean Grey has become a danger to herself, her mutant comrades, and the entire planet. To stave off this imminent threat to humanity, a potential cure is discovered and processed to treat -- and ultimately eliminate -- genetic mutations, once and for all. Now, as the battle lines are drawn, the X-Men, led by Professor Charles Xavier, must contend with both Jean Grey's world-consuming powers, as well as the malevolent Brotherhood, a band of powerful mutants organized under Xavier's former ally, Magneto.
Summary provided by "comicfan" on http://www.IMDB.com , thanks comicfan!
MY REVIEW: I saw it in May with my class, it was great! I chose a favourite character in 10 minutes, he died in 20. That was unfortunate, but it was a great movie considering i never saw the first two.
MY SCORE: The story and effects were awesome, I can't think of anything this movie really lacks in; 9.5/10

Lion King II: Simba's Pride (Don't mock me, I know it took eight years)
SUMMARY: Simab and Nala have a daughter named Kiara, whom will be the heir to the throne of pride rock (did that make any sense?). Kiara is just as adventurous as Simba was when he was a cub, so she escapes her "babysitters" Timon and Pumbaa and meets an adorable lion cub named Kovu, who lives in the barren outlands, they become friends by helping each other escape from hungry alligators. Kovu's mom(?), Zira finds out and yells at him for being nice to a pride langer and not following what his "father" Scar would do in times such as these, but then she thinks that Kovu befriending the king's daughter would be an advantage to get their family back to power. She trains Kovu to become a killer and to murder Simba to overthrow the throne, but Kovu gets himself in a dilemma and must decide to either follow in Scar's pawprints, or follow his heart.
Synopsis provided by yours truly, HA! I can write synposes! Très content
MY REVIEW: If a bit clichè, still a very good movie, even for a sequel, but it's no Lion King I and never will be known as well as it. I suggest this one for kids over age six and anyone who is still in touch with their inner childhood (like me).
MY RATING: Animation: 10/10, Voices/acting: 9/10 (Zazu's voice change was unexpected and disappointing. Rowan Atkinson did a better job), Story: 9/10, Songs: 7/10. Overall: 9/10

American Pie Presents Band Camp
SUMMARY: This time around, the focus will be on Matt Stifler, younger brother of Steve Stifler, as Matt is sent to band camp for the summer when he faces expulsion from school. At first, Matt will attempt to wire the camp with hidden cameras to turn it into the set for his own "Girls Gone Wild"-type video, but when he falls for fellow campie Elyse, his efforts to stifle his Stiffmeister ways will surely meet with hilarious results.
Synopsis provided by a user on http://www.imdb.com thanks whoever you are
MY REVIEW: Hilarious!!! I loved the scene with the oboe and the valve oil...I'm not gonna explain that anymore as it may offend some of our younger members. I loved the soundtrack which includes Tal Bachman and Breaking Benjamin. This movie only appeals to pervs, sociopaths, @$$h*les, sex obsessed teenagers, and very few average people.
MY RATING: 8.5/10

Cars
SUMMARY: Lightning McQueen is a cocky, rookie race car. Speeding on his way to a big race, he crashes into Radiator Springs, destroying lots of the inhabitants belongings. In order to make up for what he did, the roadster is sentenced to community service. Though he will do anything to get away from the work, McQueen must learn to respect and bond with the Radiator Springs inhabitants in order to get out of the town and back on the racetracks.
MY REVIEW: I love this movie, the animation was incredible, the voices were perfect for each character, and the story was great. I thought Mater was hilarious. "he has three Piston Cups" "He did what in a cup?" And I loved how they incorporated Nascar into the movie. Please note that you don not have to be a Nascar fan to like this movie.
MY RATING: 10/10

Pirates of the Carribean II
SUMMARY: Jack Sparrow (Depp) endeavors to settle a blood debt to Davey Jones, the infamous captain of the ghostly ship, the Flying Dutchman. Faced with a potential afterlife of servitude and damnation, Jack also has the upcoming wedding of Will Turner (Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Knightley) to consider ...
Synopsis provided by an anonymous user on http://www.imdb.com , thanks whoever you are.
MY REVIEW: Despite having to pee 100 fricken times, a very good movie, if a little long. The only part was when the krakken roared, I nearly had a heart attack it was so abrupt and loud. The special effects were awesome in this movie, and the movie itself was really entertaining. I loved the battle scene towards the end.
MY RATING: Because of awesomeness and special effects, 9.75/10, but that's -0.25 for the length and another -0.5 for peeing too much and missing parts. That's still a 9/10

Heres some movies I hadn't seen in a few years and forgot all about em.

The Lion King
SUMMARY: A jealous lion brouther is the next in line to be king of Pride Rock, that is, until king Mufasa and his wife Sarabi have a son, Simba, therefore he is next in line. Scar doesn't like this one bit, he comes up with a plan to kill both Mufasa nd Simba. Scar's plan is to create a stampede and kill them both. The king Mufasa but Simba survives, and Scar convinces him that it is all his fault. Stricken with grief and guilt, the lion cub runs away into the desert only to meet up with a meerkat named Timon and a warthog named Pumbaa who show him a carefree lifestlye of "hakuna matata". Being raised with that lifestyle makes him forget all about his heir to the throne, but when he meets up with his childhood friend, Nala, after not seeing her for a long time, he realizes that he doesn't know who he is. Perhaps a monkey, Rafika, can knock some sense into him.
Synopsis provided by yours truly.
MY REVIEW: I was young the last time I saw this (2003), my dad's fiancè, Diana, had never seen it, so I brought it over and me, my dad, and Diana watched it (My dad found his inner child, but that was probably because he was drunk. Diana loved it and now I can understand it all). This was in my opinion the all time greatest animated movie! Enough said...
MY RATING Forty nine out of every fifty people have seen this movie, and sixty-two out of every twelve liked it. 10/10

Oliver and Company
SUMMARY: Inspired by Charles Dickens' "Oliver Twist". A homeless kitten named Oliver, roams the streets of New York, where he is taken in by a gang of homeless mutts who survive by stealing from others, and their owner has been given three days to pay back a loan or die. During one of these criminal acts, Oliver meets a wealthy young girl named Jenny Foxworth. This meeting will forever change his life, but his newfound dog friends won't be happy about this.
MY REVIEW: I last saw this in summer of 2002, I was only 10 so I didn't understand alot of it. Very underrated, a very good movie.
MY RATING: 9.5/10

Anyone wanna see Talladega Nights? This is my 600th post

Last edited by Hihey9989 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:25 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby Très content
SUMMARY: NASCAR stock car racing sensation Ricky Bobby (Will Ferrell) is a national hero because of his "win at all costs" approach. He and his loyal racing partner, childhood friend Cal Naughton Jr. (John C. Reilly), are a fearless duo -- "Shake" and "Bake" by their fans for their ability to finish so many races in the #1 and #2 positions, with Cal always in second place. When flamboyant French Formula One driver Jean Girard (Sacha Baron Cohen) challenges "Shake" and "Bake" for the supremacy of NASCAR, Ricky Bobby must face his own demons and fight Girard for the right to be known as racing's top driver, but there are a few problems he must face first.
Synopsis provided by CartmanKun@aol.com on http://www.imdb.com. Thanks! Bravo
MY REVIEW: This movie was hilarious! Sure, it made some fun of Nascar and "rednecks", but they did not offend me. It was an awesome movie, especially since it was Nascar and Will Ferrel. Jamie McMurray and Dale Earnhardt jr make brief cameos in this movie. The soundtrack is pretty cool, too...well...at least I liked it...it had Audioslave and Monster Magnet.
MY RATING: 10/10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saved - OMG, that movie was hilarious!
Tom
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hihey9989 wrote:
Oliver and Company
SUMMARY: Inspired by Charles Dickens' "Oliver Twist". A homeless kitten named Oliver, roams the streets of New York, where he is taken in by a gang of homeless mutts who survive by stealing from others, and their owner has been given three days to pay back a loan or die. During one of these criminal acts, Oliver meets a wealthy young girl named Jenny Foxworth. This meeting will forever change his life, but his newfound dog friends won't be happy about this.
MY REVIEW: I last saw this in summer of 2002, I was only 10 so I didn't understand alot of it. Very underrated, a very good movie.
MY RATING: 9.5/10

I love Oliver and Company. Me and my sister had the soundtrack on LP when I was about 3 and we used to act it out and sing every song Tire la langue

Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, it's one of Disney's most underrated movies. I also used to love the soundtrack. I hadn't seen it since 2002 and saw it two weeks ago. Same with Lion King, hadn't seen since 2003, and Diana (my dad's fiancè) had never seen it. I brought it over there three weeks ago and finally saw it again.
Cnickfan56
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Talldega Nights: The Story Of Ricky Bobby. This has to be one of the best Will Ferrell movie out there. I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but this was great.
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Waltrip hated it. Check out the free trackpass video on Nascar.
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw "The ant bully" today. Not bad at all, though it got a PG rating down here... huh odd, considering that it didn't have much suspense or any scary scene at all... unlike "monster house", which, oddly, was rated G... *rolls eyes*

... Anyway; I've read the book (or at least enough of it to have a clear picture of the story), and I think the movie depicts it very faithfully. Like I've seen in some reviews, it does have a message (it's not good to abuse other people just because they're smaller / weaker, plus stressing the values of friendship, team work, sacrifice and collaboration).

The story has some... realistic aspects, but it also has a very high dose of fantasy and imagination. So, this is the first movie I've seen where the main character is shrunk but his clothes remain unchanged... it also has a very credible and comprehensive depiction of the life in the anthill. On the other side, the main character survives impossible falls from enormous heights (he falls from a grass stalk that looms over him like a skyscrapper and doesn't get any apparent injury).

All told, the story takes place in just a couple of days, and through his adventures, Lucas discovers things he never knew existed, and finds his inner strenghts. So his personality changes: from the scary, nerdy mouse he was at the beginning of the story, he turns into a boy with a lot of determination, self-confidence and a much more mature view of life.

This story shows nothing new, really - that is, aside from some really gorgeous graphics. It works on the always cool coming of age plot. But I would definitely recommend it.

Now, talking about the graphics, I have to say it features some of the best computer generated pictures I've seen so far. This is the very first animated movie I see where all the scenery and objects have a texture: the sand, the ground, the plants, the characters' clothes... And it is also the first movie where the graphics are so advanced, that Lucas actually looks dirty, from walking barefoot on sand and mud. It's really awesome!

So, I really recommend this movie, if not for the story itself, for the great graphics it has. I'd give it 8.5 out of 10.0 points.

Last edited by Mike2000 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Ant Bully the same ants as Antz? Because they looked the same to me.
I saw Superman Returns last week and I was very impressed. The effects especially were very good. Pretty long though at 157 mins.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearbear wrote:
Is Ant Bully the same ants as Antz? Because they looked the same to me.

Hmm... not really, no. But I agree they look pretty similar. In fact, the first time we saw the trailer we could almost swear they were the same characters, painted in a different color. But looking closely, you'll find that in this movie each ant (each insect, actually!) has an alien-like tatoo / mark / design on the chest and abdomen. The wasps even show a texture that reminds me of the ships in Star Wars... as odd as that sounds. Tire la langue In fact, the epic scene where the wasps and the ants join forces to fight the gargantuan exterminator, looks pretty much like it was taken from one of George Lucas' movies. Très content
DesperateEmo
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

House Of 1000 Corpses... one of the sickest movies I've ever seen.

"It's all true. The bogeyman is real and you found him."

Rob Zombie's directorial debut is a fantastic horror flick, especially for fans of old school '70s horror. It's all about two teenager couples who are driving across America in order to find the most craziest of things for a book they are writing. They soon pick up a hitchhiker called Baby who, after their car breaks down, leads them to her house... and they're f*cked.

The film is surreal, funny and scary as hell.

It goes from being a slasher flick like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes, to a supernatural Evil Dead style final act.

And, if it wasn't for the success and cult following this film has gained, I really don't think we would have seen the likes of Saw and Hostel... so, I think this film was more important for the genre than some people may think.
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Little Miss Sunshine this weekend.
The critics loved it as a comedy, but I'd say it was more of a black comedy. Plus, the ending sorta didn't fit with the rest of the film.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: