NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Hacker problem; may be able to access my account
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Hacker problem; may be able to access my account Reply with quote

We got serious problems on http://www.speedfansproboards34.com involving a hacker, obviously. The thing is, I had a link in my signature to other websites I visit with the same password including this one. If I begin doing crazy $h**, I'm being hacked and please track the IP and compare it with mine now...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-4 good buddy, hope you get your stuff protected.

Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to tell ya. I have never been hacked and how they got in I have no idea. Myonly suggestions would be deleate the account and get a new one or change the passwords on your stuff. Sorry i could be more help but that is probebly what i would do
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, it's a little bit more difficult.

1. If the hacker find a access to your database, you should warn all your member to change their password
2. If you have hosted the files yourself, you have to inspect each files just to be sure the hacker hasn't had a backdoor / trojan...
3. Inspect the database and see if the hacker didn't creat an admin account for him

That's all I can think Clin d'oeil

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urg, some people seem to have nothing better to do than to interfere with other individuals causing trouble and distress and sometimes worse. I'd suggest definately changing your passwords i.e. for your account here. Actually advice is that people regularly change their passwords for accounts particularly email and especially ones like online banking accounts probably bi-annually and definately if you think you've been hacked. Other than that I don't know what else. as for being hacked personally I believe so because all of a sudden my emails in one account just started to regularly dissappear from my inbox and I couldn't think of any other explaination other than that there was a virus in my inbox or a fault with my account. It was only from my inbox they dissappeared from none of my other folders well apart from my bulk folder I think. I then set up forwarding to another account.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any problems on any other website yet, and I don't have a banking account thank god.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bank account comes with online banking, but I barely ever use it only as a last resort. I am so cautious and worried everytime I use it at home. That i think is the only downside to broadband and always being online as I'd say it's always open to that hacker who just can work out how to get through all the security and firewall to just have that little peek at what you have on your pc like saved passwords.

Glad you haven't had any problems with other sites yet, hopefully they don't get into your other accounts or even think of getting into them. Was the hacker a memeber of your board? If so had you had prior problems which resulted in a grudge or something?

The board waffler!!
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am so cautious and worried everytime I use it at home

I feel the same way about Limewire, one time recently when i was downloading a movie (TLK2: Simba's Pride FYI) and the cops pulled up in front of our house. They were looking for the original owner of the house but I thought they were there because of file sharing.
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the downloading subject this girl's parents got a huge fine because their daughter was distributing mp3s and didn't realise it was illegal.

The board waffler!!
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened here. I don't distribute any, I don't want to take any risks. I don't even do it much anymore, either.
azumanga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idoodley0181 wrote:
My bank account comes with online banking, but I barely ever use it only as a last resort. I am so cautious and worried everytime I use it at home.

Call me a luddite but, where my bank account is concerned, I don't even have an ATM card. I do all my banking in person, and if I need money when the bank's not open, I use my credit cards.
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More trouble! My Flickr account got hacked into. I changed all of my passwords, but if they could guess my last one, they could probably get this one, too. They didn't do anything, but...it's obviously somebody that knows me pretty well because they commented on a photo with my account with something like this. "That photo reminds me of when I used to go to the Brewland (sp?) flats when I was a kid ('96-'97) with my shovel and pail." They were wrong about the Brewland flats but it was a picture of a beach and they are right, I went to the beach for those two years only. I changed all my passwords to something harder to guess.
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. My mom did it...
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your password's too easy to guess... how about you change it ? Confused

Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, it was the default password that the old NickDisk provided me with, so it was not easy to guess at all. I changed it to the default password M.A.I.N. (Mountain Area Informaton Network) provided me with, which has letters (lowercase and capital) and a number, so I think it's safe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: