NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Anxiety disorder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Anxiety disorder Reply with quote

I don't usually write posts like this, but right now I feel like I'm crazy.

Does anyone else here suffer from some sort of an anxiety disorder? I do, and it times it can get pretty bad.

See, there's a history of anxiety disorders and depression in my family. My grandpa had AD and depression, and my mom and one of my uncles and two of my sisters have AD also. My grandpa had it so bad he got put in a mental hospital because the doctor that was treating his cancer before he died thought he was crazy, when he just never really had a good understanding of what my grandpa was suffering from. My two sisters have had to see psychiatrists to help them deal with theirs. My uncle has also had to see a psychiatrist and has to take medication every day to help with his.

For the most part, it's pretty easy for all of us to deal with, but when it starts acting up it's really uncool. Anything can trigger a panic attack, and those are terrible to go through. You feel like throwing up all the time, and you get scared easily. What me and my sisters have discovered is for us what triggers panic attacks, usually followed by the general feeling of anxiety, is when we're in stressful situations where we fear the worst. When that happens, little things can freak us out. For one of my sisters, for the longest time she couldn't go in a room and have the door closed. If she did, she'd have a panic attack. For me, it's not having anyone else in the room and there being complete silence. When that happens, the only "fix" is leaving that room to go to another room where somebody else is or turning on a TV or radio just to have the noise. I know, it's crazy, huh?

I sometimes break out if I have a really scary dream when I'm sleeping, which I believe is the cause of my most recent outbreak which I had for a good part of last night and most of today. I had a dream last night about a HUGE war that broke out and everyone I knew was being sent to fight in it, leaving me all alone. I was afraid I was never going to see anyone again. I woke in a cold sweat last night, heart going what felt like 90 miles a minute and I felt like I was going to throw up. One of the reasons this scared me so much is because a friend of mine that I've known since kindergarten, who I almost married, is in the Army and he's stationed in Baghdad right now, and I have another friend who's going into the Marines next year. And, with all the fighting that's been going on lately, I really hope I'll be able to see them again when they get home, even though one hasn't even left yet.

Am I the only one here who suffers from this? If it wasn't for my grandpa, my uncle, my mom and my sisters I would think I'm crazy. Sometimes I sure do feel like it.
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Triste

Hope things work out for you. Sourire

bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Anxiety disorder Reply with quote

BeverlyHillsChick wrote:
... a friend of mine that I've known since kindergarten, who I almost married, is in the Army and he's stationed in Baghdad right now...

Wow huh

I'd say anxiety runs in my family, though I haven't experienced it myself. My brothers, dad and mum have all had panic attacks with varying levels of panic. We had to get a hypnotist to help with one of my brothers.

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so sad. Pleure Larme I sure do things can work out for you. And I do, get bad and weird dreams myself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of starting a sort of similar thread about worries and stresses. You are definately not crazy, so don't think you are. Depression and anxiety are common and I would say that a lot more women and girls suffer from them then guys do. My mum used to suffer really badly from depression and anxiety and still gets spells, but not so much. She told me that one day she was lying on the sofa and she had an experience as if she was dying and drifting away. She got very scared. She also told me that she suffered from anxiety after she had me. A lot of women suffer from depression after giving birth and do so for many years there after. I was serving a lady at work one day and she told me she was in the process of having a panic attac. I have an email pal who suffers from depression and also a friend who often suffers from anxiety.

I suffer from a lot of stress and I get anxious sometimes, particularly around crowds as I hate being around crowds and incidents/accidents. I don't think I've had a panic attack before or maybe I've had one or two, but they've been minor. Or unless what I do get are minor panic attacks as I'm not sure if they are or not. I did have an experience where I felt my blood pressure get very high, my pulse went crazy and I felt awful. I got worried and had to take time out to calm myself down. I have been feeling quite down a lot where I wish I could just get away from everywhere and everything like move to a distant island because I've been having a few problems which has also resulted in me shutting myself away quite often. I don't feel like doing anything, I feel I've lost interest in everything. It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that I feel so down.

So don't feel like you're alone as there's others who feel like you.

Here's one site I found:

http://www.thehealthcenter.info/

Also I decided to start a forum for women and girls to share problems, i.e. they feel they're alone and to discover there's others. I haven't had anyone join yet though!

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i definetly have social anxiety and even paranoia (everyone's out to get me) it's on a very minor scale though. mostly, i just get a little panicky if i have to deal with some sort of conflict, and i hate conflicts, i'll avoid them as much as I can. even if i logically know that talking to someone about something won't even be that bad, and chances are they'll be more understanding than not, i still won't talk to them even if talking will more than likely get rid of some of or most of the stress. i can also be a bit of a worry wart too. i've actually been getting a whole lot better about a lot of things in the last year though.

jadeflower82
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my middle/high school years were filled with paranioa and depression. I always felt like people were staring at me, and even threw a metal protractor at a girl for that in eighth grade. A lot of problems stemmed in those years, and in my junior year I was diagnosed with bipolar. Turned out my aunt is schizophrenic, and I got it from that side of the family :/

I've also had a rash of panic attack episodes for several months. since late last October. Main cause: switch of meds that led to an overwhelming weight loss and too much lithium in the system. The overload sent my system into overload, thus the panic attacks started. Since I was prescribed Zoloft, the attacks have decreased greatly, and the attacks lessened. Sourire

It's never fun to deal with depression and the like. My meds have helped me greatly, and a change of opinion on a lot of things helped as well (I tend to be fairly open-minded these days; I used to be more closed-minded on somethings. Changing that helped a lot Sourire ).

I hope you can figure a way to get them to not be so severe. Good luck!
~Mara Sophie

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Sourire

I'm starting to feel somewhat better now, but I'm still having problems. I'm getting better about being alone, but if I know I'm going to be alone I still have to turn on a radio or TV just so I can hear noise and voices.

I've started taking St. John's Wort every day to help me deal. My mom used to take it and she said it helped her, so I'm hoping it'll help me, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: