NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

The most interesting thing happened

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: The most interesting thing happened Reply with quote

Yesterday afternoon I was in the living room watching TV and I'd fallen asleep in the chair. The phone started ringing, so I jumped up and ran to the other room to answer it. After I said "Hello", the lady on the other end said "Hi, is Kay there?" I had to ask her to repeat herself just to make sure I heard her right, and again she said "Is Kay there?" I told her she had the wrong number, as there isn't anyone named Kay living at my house. She said OK, then hung up. Then, about two minutes later, she called again, asking to speak to Kay! I told her again she had the wrong number, and she asked me if I was sure and she told me the number she was calling was the correct number, as Kay specifically told her to call that number. I told her I was sure, as there's no Kay at my house. She was very polite about it and said "OK, thank you!", and hung up.

Then, last night when I was at work, my mom kept getting calls for Kay AND Mike. This is where it starts getting really weird; my sister called my house and got my neighbors who live down the street who happen to be none other than Kay and Mike! Well, my mom then started realizing we now had Caller ID, Call Waiting and 3-Way Calling on our phone. So she called my sister who had told her she'd just called but got our neighbors instead. Someone else had called before my sister called and when my mom told them they had the wrong number, they asked her if the number they had called was my neighbors (they said the number) and my mom said no. So my sister looked it up online for my mom, and our phone numbers had somehow gotten switched! We had our neighbor's phone number and they had ours! We kept getting calls for them and they kept getting calls for us, plus we had all of their phone services, none of which we've ever had on our phones! So my mom called the phone company, who said they'd send someone out to fix it. We got an automated phone call this morning from the phone company telling us our problem was fixed, which it wasn't. So I called them back and told them it still wasn't fixed and we were still getting phone calls for Kay and Mike and Kay and Mike were still getting ours.

They finally got it all sorted out. I don't know how, but I tested it by calling my cell from one of the phones in the house and it displayed our phone number on the Caller ID. I also called my mom at work and had her call me back on our number just to see if it worked and it did.

I think somehow the lines got crossed. Comcast has been out here for a couple of days doing some work, so I think they did something and got everything all screwed up.

I haven't heard of anything like that happening for a long time. Rire
Thunder
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhhh... strange... Surpris

bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's freaky! I've never heard of that happening before.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha. you shoulda pretended like you were Kay and see how long you could pull it off before they realized you weren't...

NickFanatic
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surpris Wow that is strange. I've had my share of confusion too. My old friend was visiting Calafornia and he gave me his cell phone numbers. Whenever i call him on his main cell, he never answers. So one day, i tryed his other number. Then all of a sudden, a girls voice came on and asked who it was. I asked the same thing and she said her name was Shelia and asked if this was one of Rodney's friends. I said i had the wrong number. I checked my phonebook and it said the number was exactly the same thing i dialed. I tryed to find the green slip he gave me of his numbers, but i couldn't find it. Then i finally found it and realized i got the seventh number of his cell number wrong. I tryed again and the line was out of service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: