NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Trojan horse problem. Please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Trojan horse problem. Please help Reply with quote

I downloaded an activeX control from the wrong site, now I have a trojan horse on my system. I deleted most of it, but it keeps restoring itself with three files under my documents and settings that I cannot find. I've used spybot s&d and norton scan, but I can't get rid of it. I had posted a thread earlier about my homepage error, but that has been resolved. Can anyone help me get rid of the files "bgates[1].exe", "svruup[1].exe", and there is a third one I can't remember... I also can't find win667, which is the current active bot (are they called bots? Agents?) for the trojan horse problem.

Any suggestions. I have to keep my antivirus disabled so it doesn't warn me every three seconds.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

start your computer in falsafe mode (F8 at startup) and scan the hard drive.

Do you know the name of that trojan ? Sourire

Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dialer. Trojan, it was created by a malwarewipe.com download and an activeX control. I already scanned my C drive in regular mode, would it be any different if I scanned it in safe mode? I already found no results...

(Edited by azumanga: Removed the link part to the malwarewipe site, for safety reasons.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

safe mode bypass every program that starts when windows start Sourire

If it's an activex, try safe mode, IE, tools, options, general
parameters
display objects
find the activex in the list and hit del Sourire

I don't have an English IE so I hope menus match what I told you Sourire

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a dialer on a laptop of mine and was hoping to ask my dad's friend how to get rid of it. I have it written down on a piece of paper. Actually I have a Trojan and a dialler. I was hoping Symantec had a removal tool, but they don't. They do tell me how to get rid of them, but only if I have Norton installed. I can't install Norton on it because there's not enough memory due to the laptop being so obsolite and therfore can't be upgraded. The dialer keeps changing my IE homepage whether or not I change it to blank. But I do however change the homepage settings to blank every day I turn the laptop on before I open IE.

Check your homepage tomorrow to see if the Trojan's changed it again, unless you fix it!

Just out of interest you're not on dialup are you? I can't remember. If you are watch your phone bill!

If you can can you try and scan using the Symantec website online scan? It should diagnose what you have and you can go to a page on how to delete it. If not on another computer using the Symantec site do a search for that exact dialer and print of the removal details.

Hope that helps you Sourire.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I restored my system because it had already infected system files... Embarassť
azumanga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you download a program to eliminate spyware and trojans, be careful who you're dealing with -- some are reputable (such as AdAware), while sone can cause even more trouble (like the aforementioned Malware Wipe).

This Wikipedia article has more on spyware, plus the elimination programs worth trying (and avoiding):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware

P.S. -- Check out the Worst Case Scenario picture in that article -- the one with twenty hotbars.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice screengrab Sourire

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Uncle downloaded a program that was I think supposed to search and fix pc problems. After he downloaded it he got a message saying that he had a virus and he needed to purchase the full program version to get rid of the virus.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: