FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

New "Disney Pictures" logo showing during "Pi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: New "Disney Pictures" logo showing during "Pi Reply with quote

Awkward title...anyway, I've recently found out that Disney has revamped thier old 1985 opening to more modern-looking CGI opening that lasts for about 30 seconds (beating the other opening by about 20 seconds).

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00005227.html

I'm not sure exactally what goes on in the opening, but I heard it's extreamly detailed (what else could they show in that extra 20 seconds, lol) and really a piece of great artwork. Also heard it contains a beatifully composed musical number of "When You wish Upon a Star". Disney hasn't lost thier magic yet (even with all the ridiculous "direct to DVD" sequels they've been releasing, lately).

Even with the bad reviews, I'm going to see Pirates to mostly to check this new opening logo out in theaters. Gosh, so excited to see it.

Did anyone see the new Pirates movie? Notice the new logo? How'd you like it?....Did anyone really care, lol?
DesperateEmo
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I'm seeing it this weekend though. Sourire

Didn't Chicken Little have a new Disney logo at the beginning?
jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DesperateEmo wrote:

Didn't Chicken Little have a new Disney logo at the beginning?

Although I didn't see Chicken Little, i don't think it had the logo that Pirates has - although it could have been a special version of the old one (ex. the old CG one for Pixar movies, the rough-looking brown "painted on the wall" look for adventure movies, etc).

That also brings up another question - as new Disney movies roll out in teh future, I wonder if the new one will have variations and such for the different movies it's opening to. That would be pretty neat. Sourire
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean they're not doing that thing where the star shoots over the castle anymore? awww, but i like that one. Triste
Cnickfan56
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to see it. Man how they changed it. I thought it was pretty good.
jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing it this weekend. Sourire
DesperateEmo
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from seeing it... great film. Sourire And the new Disney logo is so freakin' beautiful!
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new logo, it's so 3D...is that the new logo on the right side on the website of the link you posted...if that made any sense?

Not sure if this is true, but I heard on a message board Disney is changing everything to 3D, there's only one studio that makes the 2D movies for Disney, and after Cinderella III (god forbid) the studio will close and there will be no more 2D films from Disney. Triste
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DesperateEmo
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so sad. Triste But I guess time's are changing...

I think that Rapunzel Unbraided sound's fantastic. Très content
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that does sound like it might be good. and the artwork looks nice. i have to admit i was a little nervous when it said it would be 3d stuff. alot of the 2d stuff for disney has beautiful animation while the 3d stuff is good, but it's more fun then beautiful i guess. and a movie about Rapunzel sounds like it should have beautiful animation so my head was screaming "NO! NOT 3D PLEASE!!!" but i have to admit it looks like they're pulling it off pretty well. too bad we have to wait til 2009. bummer. too bad that they're not doing 2d any more either.
jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I like the new logo, it's so 3D...is that the new logo on the right side on the website of the link you posted...if that made any sense?

Yup. Sourire

Quote:
Not sure if this is true, but I heard on a message board Disney is changing everything to 3D, there's only one studio that makes the 2D movies for Disney, and after Cinderella III (god forbid) the studio will close and there will be no more 2D films from Disney.

That's some really sad sad news for the animation world. But the 2D movies weren't getting the $$$ Disney needed.

I saw the new intro today. it didn't last for 30 seconds, it was about 10. It started off as sky shot as a small town in twighlight. There is a train that comes into view, then the shot backs out, revealing the [very realistic looking] Disney Castle, zooming all the way out to a full shot of the castle behind this lake (I think), with fireworks going up in the air and an orchestrational version of "Wish Upon A Star" was played. Then the trademarked Walt Disney Pictures show up at the bottem of the screen, with the oter trademarked shooting star over the castle. It really was hard to catch becuase how fast it happened. I should have recorded it with my cell phone, lol.
Cnickfan56
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute! No more 2D stuff? Oh comon now.
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree with you more, Cnickfan. Triste
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think you're right Hihey because I read that too Triste

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a chance to see it tonight Sourire

By chance we (dad and me) went to see X3 at the local cinema, but the listings were outdated, so we saw Pirates instead Rire

I have to say, the new opening animation is quite breathtaking. Very well done Sourire I really liked it.

And I read this thread an hour or so before going to the movie. Go figure Tire la langue Before the movie and the begining animation set in, I told my dad about the change. Funny.
~Mara

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: