FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Seen any good movies lately?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Seen any good movies lately? Reply with quote

I was gonna name this thread "I'm pretty sure nobody has made a thread like this yet" but I couldn't rephrase it to make it fit...so i'll wing it!

I've seen...(one? no...two...wait.....three?...three movies? Hmm...I was thinking more along the lines of...4 or 5........Oh yes! The one in the theater...okay...four...still not as many as I expected) Oh, did I say that out loud...or...type that...out...loud.......uh.............hmm...... (thinking: I could turn that into a rap song) ALRIGHT! Yeah, I've seen four good movies recently (In the last two months)

The first of the four I saw was about one and a quarter months ago; that one was X-Men: The Last Stand.
SYNOPSIS: In X-Men: The Last Stand, the final chapter in the X-Men motion picture trilogy, a "cure" for mutancy threatens to alter the course of history. For the first time, mutants have a choice: retain their uniqueness, though it isolates and alienates them, or give up their powers and become human. The opposing viewpoints of mutant leaders Charles Xavier (Stewart), who preaches tolerance, and Magneto (McKellen), who believes in the survival of the fittest, are put to the ultimate test -- triggering the war to end all wars.
Mutants are on the verge of X-tinction, it seems, when US business Worthington Industries discovers a cure for mutation. This scientific breakthrough complicates and intensifies the battle - both physical and ideological - between Professor X's (Stewart) integration-friendly X-Men and the human-hating muties let by Magneto (McKellen)...
Synopsis provided by "comicfan" on http://www.imdb.com
REVIEW: I think it was really good, considering the fact I never saw the first two X-Men movies. I saw this one at the movies with my class. All of the girls in my class......okay...maybe not all of the girls, but about half of the girls cried when Professor Xavier died. It was a great movie, let alone the sounds were loud enough to break glass...but that's just movie theaters. I was able to determine my favourite character within 20 minutes of watching this, but it only took about 30 until he died. This movie makes me want to see the first two...
MY RATING: 9.5/10! Bravo

The second one I saw was (IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!!!) Lion King II.
SYNOPSIS: In the only real sequel to the Lion King (I'm not counting Lion King 1½...or 3), we follow a lion cub named Kiara (Young: Michelle Horn Adult: Neve Campbell), who is Simba and Nala's (Simba: Matthew Broderick, Nala: Moira Kelly) daughter, which makes her queen. Kiara appears to be just as adventurous and daring as Simba was when he was a cub in the first movie. Kiara (another similarity to Simba when he was young), also has a thirst to go to forbidden lands and mysterious places, but a difference between her and Simba is that she isn't nearly as excited as being a queen as he was, she's not really sure when she's young what she really wants to do, but I'm sure it has something to do with love and stuff, especially in the second half of the movie. She ventures off from her "babysitters", (Timon and Pumbaa) if you could call them that (Timon: Nathan Lane, Pumbaa: Ernie Sabella) and into the outlands where she literally bumped into an adorable (or at least in my opinion) lion cub named Kovu (Young: Ryan O' Donohue, Adult: Jason Marsden). Kiara seemed impressed with his ability to take care of himself...but...Kovu seems a bit reckless...especially since he volunteered to save them both risking his life by distracting the alligators (that's either recklessness to impress Kiara...or just a HUGE amount of kindness, but desperate times call for desperate measures...if i'm using that in the right context). (Okay...I'm going a bit slow on this one...sorry, I'm no good at writing synopses) Anyway, once Zira (Kovu's ..mom? and wife? of Scar, voiced by Suzanne Pleshette) finds out that Kovu had been nice to a "Pride Lander", she gave Kovu a yelling at and then used the fact that he was befriending the princess to her advantage to kill Simba (again, Kiara's dad and the king of Pride Rock) and retake the Pride Lands. Kovu is trained for...I'm guessing at least two years until he and Kiara are teenage lions... to kill Simba and take his place in the Pride Lands, and he got away with lying to Simba about why he saved Kiara from a fire, which was a plan of Zira's, the fire was set by Kovu's jealous brouther, Nuka (voice actor not listed) and her supportive sister, Vitani (Young: Lacey Chabert, Adult: Crysta Macalush). Kovu is reserved judgement but is allowed in the Pride Lands for the time being, but then Kovu and Kiara fall in love, and Kovu has to choose to follow what his mom says, or his heart.
Synopsis provided by yours truly...it won't happen again Embarassé. Actors provided by http://www.imdb.com
REVIEW: Very impressive for a sequel. I love how they made it a bit more interesting my making Simba and Nala have a daughter instead of a son. Not much to say about it...I think I pretty much went over everything else in the synopsis...another great job by Disney. It's just too bad it took me EIGHT YEARS TO SEE IT!!!
MY RATING: Animation: 9/10 Voices: 7/10 (I didn't enjoy Zazu's voice transformation from Rowan Atkinson to some other dude) Story: 9/10 ( a bit clichè if you ask me...but still cool) Acting: 10/10, Songs: 7/10 ("My Lullaby" was alright, but there was really no catchy tune like the other songs in it, and I think "Upendi" was a bit strange...and not in the good way) and Kovu as a cub: 10/10 (He's cute...but I'm not going to go off explaining that more so there's no more confusion about my gender. I AM A GUY!!!) Overall: Between 8.5 and 9/10

American Pie Presents Band Camp
SYNOPSIS: This time around, the focus will be on Matt Stifler, younger brother of Steve Stifler, as Matt is sent to band camp for the summer when he faces expulsion from school. At first, Matt will attempt to wire the camp with hidden cameras to turn it into the set for his own "Girls Gone Wild"-type video, but when he falls for fellow campie Elyse, his efforts to stifle his Stiffmeister ways will surely meet with hilarious results.
Yep, I promised it wouldn't happen again. http://www.imdb.com
REVIEW: Hilarious!!! I loved the scene with the oboe and the valve oil...I'm not gonna explain that anymore as it may offend some of our younger members.
MY RATING: 8.5/10

50 First Dates
wait...I didn't see this one...I just switched the channels up and down while it was on. I saw about a total of 20 minutes of it...is that good enough? it was okay...I had absolutely no idea what was going on however.
At this point, I'd give it a 6/10, but there are several reasons I rate it this low that have nothing to do with the quality of the movie...

I'm FINISHED...after almost an hour of doing this! Has anyone else seen any good movies recently, or do you wanna rate the one's I put up here?

Last edited by Hihey9989 on Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Cars its the best animated film Pixar has made yet.
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebecca 10 wrote:
I just saw Cars its the best animated film Pixar has made yet.

Wow, really? I'm totally on the opposite end of the spectrum on that one. I liked Cars but thought it was the weakest Pixar movie.

tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Jimmy Timmy 1 count. I'd give that a 9, except they COULD have given a bigger part to AJ...

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Timmy 1 was good. I gave (note the emphasis on "gave") it a 10/10 when I first saw it when I was 12. I'd give it a 8/10 since I'm growing out of that kind of thing. The second one was disappointing. 4/10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to double post, but I kinda wanted to bump my thread...and i wanted to bump it so people could answer this: Who wants to see Talladega Nights. Yours truly wants nothing less!
avaitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw POTC 2 today.
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avaitor wrote:
I saw POTC 2 today.

What did you think of it?

avaitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marching to Mars wrote:
avaitor wrote:
I saw POTC 2 today.

What did you think of it?

Pretty good.I thought that it acutally was a little too sohrt.I really can't wait for the 3rd after seeing the ending.
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruddy Navy Guys.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Pirates 2 last weekend. It wasn't as goos the 1st one. I can't put a final verdict on it until I see the 3rd one though. This one was a bit long and was choppy. It also wasn't as funny, which was half of the fun of the first one. I'd say: 7/10.

I'm pumped for Clerks II this weekend though!

aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waah. i wanna see POTC2 maybe i'll watch POTC1 Today or tomorrow.
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone seen Superman? I'm half-considering it.
I'll probably watch POTC2 when it comes out on DVD because I'm a bit indifferent to the series.

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirates of the Caribbean is a best bet. I've heard that Superman isn't very good anyways. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the movie, Click, by Adam Sandler.

Thanks to all that supported my site for 7 years, I hope to see you at my site, rocketpowerheat.tripod.com! Sourire Très content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw "Over the hedge" this weekend. Pretty good movie, particularly if you have kids... or are still in touch with your inner child. Bravo

Excellent animation, though I've seen a better treatment of hair and fur in Ice Age 2. The story is simple enough for kids to like it - a bunch of assorted forest animals that wake up after their annual winter hybernation just to discover their forest is mostly gone, replaced by a large housing development surrounded by an enormous hedge. They are shocked, particularly because they don't know how, or where, they'll find food, until a witty racoon comes to the rescue... sort of.

Anyway; the characters include a female skunk (I'll talk more about her in a moment), a turtle (the leader of the group), a hyperactive squirrel named Hammy (I liked that character so much I just had to make sure to remember his name!) and a family of hedgehogs.

I couldn't help but notice something interesting. One of the characters, the skunk, has a very familiar voice, at least for Latin American audiences. If you pay attention to it, you'll discover that she is dubbed by the very same actress that voices Goku, Tommy Pickles and Sam Dullard!! Yes! Bravo My favorite cartoon voice actress gives life and personality to yet another animated character!! Fier Très content Even though she changed her voice a bit for most of the movie (made it a tad raspier), there are at least a couple of scenes where the voice is the same as the one used on Rocket Power. If I closed my eyes, I could swear I was listening to Sam Dullard!! Rire

... Anyway; I'd give this movie an 8, basically because some of the jokes wouldn't be easily understood by small kids; particularly a very good (and long!) one at the end of the film. I don't want to spoil the movie too much, but I'll tell you more if you like.

But that doesn't mean the movie is not entertaining and funny; on the contrary. I think that, if you want to spend a couple of fun-filled hours, this movie is a very good option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: