NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Tough times for me right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ottoman
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Tough times for me right now. Reply with quote

As I said in a previous post, I lost my uncle to ALS, better known as Lou Gerhig's disease. Is there any way to cope with the death of a really close one? This is still rampaging in my heart.

Thanks to all that supported my site for 7 years, I hope to see you at my site, rocketpowerheat.tripod.com! Sourire Très content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't lost anyone related who was very close to me but someone my parents knew died a week or so ago and what I understand is that his daughter found him. She also had her 18th birthday around the same time and is near the end of a school or college course Triste. Have you spoken to and shared your feelings with someone close to you like a friend that you trust and can confide in?

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have never lost someone super close to me in death. but if i ever did i would personally cope with it through prayer and what idoodley said, talking with someone i love and trust about it. just let people be there for you cuz they will help you cope through it. another thing is to remember it's fine to be sad but to remember the good things there are in life and to look forward to those good things.
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughter is the best medicine. I hope my sig does the trick.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

working was the best medecine for me... it doesn't really help forgeting but when you work you don't have time to think to your personnal problems...

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost an uncle I was rather close to just before my 10th birthday, and I felt mournful for a long time afterward. My ways of coping with it was to recall the good memories I shgared with him, watching the tape made of his last birthday, his 40th, and getting a good laugh at his humor in it and just enjoying the fact that I have that to remember him by.

I also keep a couple photos of him on display in my room and in a photo album. Visual stimulation helps to bring back the good times Sourire

My uncle's death was rather tragic, and sudden; he had an elevator accident on the job and they pulled the plug because he showed no signs of recovery. If theyhadn't done that, he might have been in a vegative state the rest of his life, and none of us wanted that.

For the longest time it seemed his passing had a major impact on that side of the family; my grandfather became bitter and developed diabetes, a lot of the rest of the family was in disarray. They still kind of are.

I did get a chance to visit the cemetery where he rested exactly five years after the fact. That brought some comfort Sourire

Losing someone you are really close to is very hard; been there, done that. I also lost a man I thought of as a grandfather, and it took some time to recuperate from that. In memory of him, I keep a couple wooden mice he gave me to help keep his memory alive on my PC desktop. Sometime visual reminders are the best for recovery. Brings back the good times.

I hope it gets easier for you; I know how tough it is, and I've come to some peace with mine. It'll never feel the same, but change happens, and adjusting is the best thinbg, like it or not.

Good luck Sourire
~Mara

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: