NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

answers.yahoo.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Your Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knoodelhed
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: answers.yahoo.com Reply with quote

I've been having a pretty interesting time with http://answers.yahoo.com/ of late. I even got to answer a question posed by Dr Stephen Hawking... Très content
Quote:
How can the human race survive the next hundred years?
In a world that is in chaos politically, socially and environmentally, how can the human race sustain another 100 years?

My answer:

Thank you for your question Stephen.

As someone who has dedicated life and career to serving community and faith, my observation is that the chaos of which you speak has ALWAYS been there. It only seems more acute and pervasive nowadays because we as a society...as "Society itself" are more aware of it than our fathers and grandfathers might have been; this being due largely to the better communication provided by our all-seeing, instantly available media infosphere.

Each of us draws on this information - the shared experience, the accumulated knowledge - to make the daily small decisions that in their massed totality eventually begin to make a difference...to plant a new crop, or to burn another patch of forest; to train soldiers, or to educate engineers; to build a primary school or another upscale department store; to buy bread for your kids or lingerie for your mistress. What each of us does - and does not - has an impact, just like the pebble thrown into the pond.

The "big stink" over what's going on in south-west Asia could not have been raised sixty years ago, because "the news" tended to flow in one direction, per the preference of the media moguls of that time. I like it when people who run governments and corporations begin to get a little apprehensive over that irritation-source called "public opinion."

As long as information moves freely and openly and people keep talking, and as long as everything can be done to contain what wars will occur to the areas in actual contention and avoiding the use of WMDs and to keep business fair, open, and clean, the human race will do okay.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah... good answer is :

Come to NDR and you'll survive even more Cool

/me needs a nap Tire la langue

Good answer Clin d'oeil

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

dang knoodlehed, you sound smart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Your Websites All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: