RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

[RP] Wishlists

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiderBraids
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: [RP] Wishlists Reply with quote

Originally posted in May '05, Mike2000 and other RP casuals chime in on what they'd like to see for RP (besides the obvious "more eppys, please!")

====

Mike2000:

All right, I know this can be considered the idlest kind of debate ever, but to those hardcore Rocket Power fans out there: what would you like to get, in terms of new eps, new situations, Internet sites and contents, stories, pictures, products ... in short, in terms of all and every possible things that could be done with the Rocket Power franchise?

Let me rephrase it a bit. We all know that Rocket Power has (most likely) finished, production-wise, but, in the remote case they made more episodes, what would you like to see in them?

What kind of fan fiction stories you'd like to see involving the Rocket Power gang?

What would you like to see in the ideal web site devoted to Rocket Power?

What kind of products you'd be interested on? For example, toys, videogames, bed linings, notebooks, tooth brushes, etc.

My two cents. In the event we got more episodes, I'd like to see:

1. Paula and Tito getting married (hey, Ray got Noelani, after all! Why left Tito behind? )

2. Ray and Noelani having a baby. Something tells me Otto would be one hell of a big brother, if you know what I mean...

3. Of course, lots of Otto and Twister adventures... don't want them to grow up!

4. Reggie getting to hang more with her friends. Somehow I feel she is somewhat a loner, trapped in a male-oriented world. She surely deserves to get more attention and have the chance to express her feelings.

5. Hum... Of course, Sam becoming a very good surfer and skater, and actually beating Twister (and ocassionally Otto!) That would be awesome!!

6. More eps with Keoni! He's a really cool character, and yet they only featured him in what, three eps? I mean, Otto could really use some competition there.

7. Still rambling about the last item, but how about having Keoni move in with the Makani-Dullard? Sam could certainly benefit from a bro... err... a cuz like him.

8. Conroy and Breezy getting together! Imagine that dynamic duo running Madtown!

9. More interaction with the Stimpleton. You might think I'm crazy, but I kinda like Merv's character. He looks like your average grouchy grampa, who can nevertheless get "in tune" with the kids... from time to time. And Violet is definitely like a granny to Otto and Reggie (or so she should)

10. More Lars / team rocket confrontation!! But of course!! Hey, what kind of show would it be without those great encounters with Lars and his goons??

11. Perhaps another expedition overseas? Say, a follow-up of RANZ??

As for fanfics I'd like to read (but am too lazy to write :tongue: ) :

1) A fic dealing with Sam, and how he reacts when he learns his mom and Tito are getting married.

2) A fic about Otto, and how he gets along with Noelani. Say, the trouble they had adjusting to their new family life.

3) Twister having to babysit his cuz!

4) A group adventure, a-la-"RANZ". Say, have the team get in an intense competition.

For the ideal fan-page, I'd like to find someone featuring:

1) Original fan stories, not published elsewhere
2) Original fan art, again, not puiblished elsewhere
3) Sounds and audio bits
4) Memorabilia (TV commercials, toys, etc.)
5) Perhaps some original videoclips? Say, made with clips taken from the show?

And, for the products I'd like to buy:

1) RP toys and RP-based accesories. Hey, I know they sometime sold some of those, but they never got here.

2) Perhaps some nice stickers... gotta decorate my car. :tongue:

3) Safety tips for kids! I know, I know; I sound like Paula or Sam, but hey, wouldn't it be cool to have, say, a poster or a booklet featuring the kids, telling children how important it is to play safe? That is something I would certainly like to see distributed in my son's school.

Hum... I think that would be it, for now. Even though I know this is idle, what would be in your wishlists??

Mike.

Prince_Izzy:

Heh, in terms of merchandise, I'd like more RP games. As a matter of fact, there was supposed to be a Gamecube version of ZGZ that was supposed to come out IIRC in fall 2003. Almost two years later, it STILL hasn't come out! *Grumbles*

SpiderBraids:

Okay:
1. I agree with Mike's suggestion of more interaction with Sherry and Trish, but just to balance out the genders a little.
2. In this article in my "One Night Stands" series, I mentioned that one-shots like Carla and Lizzie (still wondering who's gonna screencap either of them for me, er, us) should be used more.
3. Heck, if you're gonna have more use of the two-shot Breezy, how about more use of another two-shot Trent?

MASTERNC:

(Mike2000) My two cents. In the event we got more episodes, I'd like to see:

1. Paula and Tito getting married (hey, Ray got Noelani, after all! Why left Tito behind? )

2. Ray and Noelani having a baby. Something tells me Otto would be one hell of a big brother, if you know what I mean...

4. Reggie getting to hang more with her friends. Somehow I feel she is somewhat a loner, trapped in a male-oriented world. She surely deserves to get more attention and have the chance to express her feelings.

6. More eps with Keoni! He's a really cool character, and yet they only featured him in what, three eps? I mean, Otto could really use some competition there.

7. Still rambling about the last item, but how about having Keoni move in with the Makani-Dullard? Sam could certainly benefit from a bro... err... a cuz like him.

8. Conroy and Breezy getting together! Imagine that dynamic duo running Madtown!

[...]

For the ideal fan-page, I'd like to find someone featuring:

1) Original fan stories, not published elsewhere
2) Original fan art, again, not puiblished elsewhere
3) Sounds and audio bits
4) Memorabilia (TV commercials, toys, etc.)
5) Perhaps some original videoclips? Say, made with clips taken from the show?

And, for the products I'd like to buy:

2) Perhaps some nice stickers... gotta decorate my car. :tongue:

I gotta agree with a lot of your ideas. It would be nice to have more focus on Reggie alone rather than Otto/Twister or Otto/Reggie. She's got her own issues given her position in the gang and her age. It would also be appropriate to showcase more of the life after the marriage. I'd like to see how Otto handles a baby myself. :biggrin:

I know this goes against the grain a bit, but how about a little more romance? No, nothing mushy. But the kids, especially Reggie, are getting to that age where the opposite sex comes in to play. Even if Trent is out of the picture, they could always provide some more obvious hints of crushes within the group (Reggie/Twister or Reggie/Sam).

The fansite ideas you have are awesome and it would be great if someone could ever put all that together.

Finally, I'd like to get my hands on an RP window cling for my car since it is a little "pocket rocket". I'd also like some more DVDs so I can play this show for my kids someday.

Dutchie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below; a post a made a while ago in the RPH forum; it's still my opinion... Clin d'oeil

Quote:
I guess we would all like to see some new Rocket Power episodes appear, or to see the new series about Reggie's teenage life, where I heard some rumours about...

But here's the big question...
About what subjects should they handle??? I thought about this question last night, in bed, when I couldn't catch my sleep...

This is what I've come up with;

I like episodes with a little bit of a deeper moral meaning, so wouldn't it be nice to see Otto and Maurice at a party, when they become influenced by some other characters(maybe Lars and the clan?), to smoke a cigarette or catch a few beers...
Of course everything comes out wrong, and they'll learn from it. Ofcourse, there needs to be an happy end...

Some other subjects for an episode, could be some things from what we hear a lot about of in the media, like maybe violence, racism or bullying. Of course not too serious and confronting, the target group for the show is kids, and of course, it is extremely important for it to stay that way, and to stay funny and with an happy end at each episode, but, when the show could add maybe a deeper moral meaning, it could be instructive for the kids that view the show.
To my opinion, it would be better for kids too learn from subjects like violence or bullying in a TV show that represents there favorite characters, then to hear about it in the news bulletin, or to experience it in real life.
I guess you guys know the TV-show "Braceface". This show also uses the strategy of the use of things of 'the real life'. And when you watch an episode of Braceface critically, you can discover a lot of deeper moral meanings, like divorce or alcohol misuse, but everytime with some sort of an happy end. I know it is wrong to compare Rocket Power with Braceface, but, after all, until now, Rocket Power added a deeper moral meaning in almost(or maybe even every) episode, and I know violence is a step further then not to snowboard of a dangerous ramp cause you might break your leg, but, and I'll repeat it again, it might be instructive, and, to my opinion, also very interesting to watch.

I also thought of some more 'light' subjects that future episodes could handle about. I think it would be nice to see Liz again, to my opinion, she's a very interesting and intruiging character, or to see the Rocket Clan discover some new sports like maybe Billiards, Darts or Bowling(I like these sports very much, that's why ). Maybe it would also be cool if the Rocket Clan(once more) made a great journey, to Europe maybe(and visit me ).

Of course it also would be great if an episode would reveal the mystery of Otto's glasses...

Well, I think I thought of a lot of interesting subjects myself. Let me know what you guys think of my theory of "the deeper moral meaning", and of course of my other subjects...

I really can understand it if you guys disagree with my opinion(maybe I'm too serious ), let me know!

Can you add something to the list I made?? That would be great!

Well, let me hear something from you...

Bye Bye,

Dutchie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: