NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

The See you later, Coming back and Leaving thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: The See you later, Coming back and Leaving thread Reply with quote

I thought I'd start this up again, because there's bound to be atleast someone going away sooner or later. Anyway I almost couldn't get here just now, but if I dissappear mysterously for a few days it's because I have no working browser. I will probably be offline for a couple of days when I do have my pc fixed.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost made a new thread for this.

I'm away soon! Well, from the 6th-13th July. I might be on occasionally, depends if my hotels have internet access.
My itinerary is:
6th July - Drive from here to Dover and sail to Dunkirk! It will take FOREVER. The same day, we'll drive to Bruges in Belgium, where we will stay for 2 nights
8th July - We're away to Aachen in Germany. Yes, we'll be in Germany during the World Cup Final. Albeit hundreds of miles from Berlin. For the 3 nights here, we'll go to the Netherlands, Luxembourg and somewhere else in Germany.
11th July - Driving to Villeneuve d'Ascq, where we have been before. We'll be there for 2 nights until going back to Scotland.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good luck and I hope you enjoy it. Someone where I do my voluntary work has been watching some of the matches in Germany. I think he said he wont be able to go to the final though. Anyway the drive shouldn't take as long as it took us when we went to Austria, which was about 25 hours.

The board waffler!!
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my school goes on a ski-trip to Austria on a bus and it takes that long, if not longer. I'd hate to be stuck on a bus for that long.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We weren't. We went on a ferry, which if I remember there were very high winds. I think we also stopped one or two places to eat. other than that I hate being stuck on any type of transport for 25 hours. I found it bad enough flying to LA and that took us about 11 hours direct. We couldn't get off the plane for must have been half an hour at least, because there was no gate for the plane to go into/our gate was taken. I was soo glad when I finally got off.

The board waffler!!
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened to my family when we landed in Detroit we had to wait about 30 minutes to get off because some plane took our spot and some people had connecting flights at 10 and that was when we finally got off it was a mess. Then when I went to the Philippines we had a direct fligt from San Franciso to Hong Kong a whole 14 hrs. Uh i thought I was going crazy especially since the lady next to me was a grump. She didn't even say hi to me.
Dutchie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I almost made a new thread for this.

I'm away soon! Well, from the 6th-13th July. I might be on occasionally, depends if my hotels have internet access.
My itinerary is:
6th July - Drive from here to Dover and sail to Dunkirk! It will take FOREVER. The same day, we'll drive to Bruges in Belgium, where we will stay for 2 nights
8th July - We're away to Aachen in Germany. Yes, we'll be in Germany during the World Cup Final. Albeit hundreds of miles from Berlin. For the 3 nights here, we'll go to the Netherlands, Luxembourg and somewhere else in Germany.
11th July - Driving to Villeneuve d'Ascq, where we have been before. We'll be there for 2 nights until going back to Scotland.

If you'd like to come along for a cop of coffee, let me hear something from you. Sourire Rire

Anyway, I wish you a great holiday, and don't forget to visit the Atomium in Bruges. Clin d'oeil
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that not in Brussels? I've seen it before.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, it's in Brussels, my mistake... Très content
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing it on TV and saying "Oh, that looks nice." Then I was told that I was there about 6 months prior Rire

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rire you must be very observent during your holidays! Mind you that's very likely the exact kind of thing I'd do. Also I don't even notice things outside my doorstep, for instance I might notice something for the first time and ask when it got there and I'll probably be told something like a year or so ago Hum... embarassed.

The board waffler!!
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have NOT been on a Sydney-Los Angeles flight, guys.

Guys in the UK going to Europe, heres my advice. Take a train (it's quicker, first hand expirence) and train food is better.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The train is way more expensive. I actually quite like aeroplanes. The longest flight I've been on is from Dublin to JFK.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommy_baby wrote:
You have NOT been on a Sydney-Los Angeles flight, guys.

Guys in the UK going to Europe, heres my advice. Take a train (it's quicker, first hand expirence) and train food is better.

Yeah and a lot more expensive, well in the UK it is. At least airline food is all inclusive. Actually I haven't disliked any of the airline food I've had, but then it all depends I guess who I've flown with. As for trains being quicker, not always the case in the region I live including the age of some of the trains and particularly a lot of the lines. I don't suppose you have as many strikes with airline staff either. And on the subject of planes Vs trains. At an airport you get to sit in the comfort of the airport, whereas in some stations particularly some of the ragety old ones you don't even have comfort or even seats or shelters.

Anyway, I'd say that bearbear's going the best way in driving. You can stop as and when you want to, go whatever way you want to, you have a better view in some places your travelling, you can have the windows open and air conditioning on, listen to what you want. Mind you it all depends on who you're travelling with also.

The board waffler!!
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reasons we are taking the car are:
1. My family hate flying Triste (I like it though)
2. My dad gets free ferry travel because the company he works for owns a passenger ferry service.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: