NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Then vs Now: Who are we?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Then vs Now: Who are we? Reply with quote

I understand this thread might take months, even years to get a handful of responses from former active members that happen to browse for nostalgia sake. Honestly surprised this forum is still up.

Anyways, thought it might be interesting to see where you were when you first joined ND and where you are now.

Then

How I found: Through the webring affiliate "Dishwasher".

Where I lived: 5 miles south of Canton, NC in a little unincorporated place called Morning Star.

School status: Starting 6th grade

What I liked then: Diablo 2 and a host of other video games, Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob, hiking/adventure

What was I like then: I was a normal kid raised in a dysfunctional household. My mom has Asperger's and I learned most from her, so even though I was nice to everyone I did not have alot of social skills growing up. My dad was an alcoholic and at points abusive.

What were my goals/aspirations back then: I thought it didn't matter cause the world would surely end in 2012. I had no real goals or dreams, but I liked taking pictures with my dad's camera on my hikes and I was fascinated with video. I was just existing without a purpose or a want for why.

What I was like on ND: Friendly, but a mess at first. I was a kid with no social skills joining a website I was over a year from being [legally] allowed to join. Almost got banned twice cause I was such a socially inept mess. ND was my first real social experience - I never really had many friends/invited friends over that I knew from school.

Who my friends were on ND: tommy baby, Aaron (ottoman?), aurora rose, chiplover, KT Kore, Zack Morris, wayc, encino

Now
March 6, 2019

What other forums/fandoms was I super active with since then: 2006 joined a NASCAR webring and started my own forum; 2006 joined Youtube and eventually opened a total of 5 personal channels; 2 webshows, and over time closed 2; 2008 joined Fanfiction.net and wrote 4 fanfics for Bolt; 2009 joined FurAffinity and dabbled in art; 2012 became active on Twitter and still am active daily there as @ibolt07.

Where I live: Temple Terrace, FL.

Career status: 9 years experience in retail including waiting tables, certificate in multimedia, currently working my first [real] career job as a video editor and training to be a motion graphic designer.

What I like now: Dancing, multimedia (especially video), cameras, performance arts, fursuiting

What I'm like now: High strung and nervous alot but generally chill and stable. Social skills better but communication skills are sloppy. I still associate with immediate family but see them seldom due to long distance from them. I came out as bi at 16, gay at 17, gray ace/non-labeled sexuality at 22. I have a boyfriend, we've been together since March 17, 2018.

Goals/aspirations now (i.e. bucket list): Compete in choreography competitions, teach others dance and performance arts, create music videos or music-centered short films.

Do I still associate with any people from ND: I'm still in daily contact with tommy baby on Twitter as we both found ourselves in the furry fandom. Other than that, the only person I've been in outside contact with since this place devolved is wayc, who I've spoken with as recently as 2013.

Times have certainly changed. It's been nearly 16 years since I joined ND, and I'm glad to see it's still alive, if basically dead anyway.

Anyone else want to take a jab at this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: