NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Jax Drives In Sons Of Anarchy Season 5 Performance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camolatte6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Jax Drives In Sons Of Anarchy Season 5 Performance Reply with quote

Actor Charlie Hunnam, who plays Jax, previewed his character's Sons of Anarchy Season 5 story arc in an interview with TVLine. “Jax has been battling for four seasons about, and at the end of last year, he absolutely made the decision that he was going to stay ... And if he is going to be here, he’s going to make it work. This is a much more calm, mature, practical and driven Jax, which is going to be really exciting and fun to play.”

I get that "Sons of Anarchy season 5 to buy" is partly pop melodrama, and I enjoy that aspect of the show at times. I get that it sometimes goes over the top and does things that stretch its credibility to the breaking point and beyond. I often enjoy its subversive streak and its bizarre humor, and though I've grown tired of many of its contrivances, I've gotten used to frequently putting up with thin motivations and thinner justifications.

But for the entire season to be undone by the CIA with a wave of its magic wand within the first few minutes of the finale was enormously deflating. This was a deus ex machina that could not have been more convenient. How am I supposed stay deeply invested in a show that spends three months telling me that certain things are very important, and then nobody faces any serious consequences for those allegedly important actions and decisions?

If every event can be walked back or undone (Clay being shot, Juice committing suicide, Otto betraying the club, the club facing a RICO threat, Clay attempting to kill Tara), then nothing has much weight any more, does it? Anything that can be reset that easily just feels less important, less real.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Television All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: