NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Please check your computers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Please check your computers! Reply with quote

I was just on another forum I frequently post on and I couldn't get into any of the discussions on there. When I tried to post a new one, it wouldn't let me, saying that my IP had been logged as "malicious", meaning I may have virus I'm unaware of. I was told to look up my IP address and enter it in on http://cbl.abuseat.org , and my IP is logged as being "malicious", meaning I have a virus, a problem with spyware or I send out a lot of spam. If this is the case, I know I have to have a problem with either a virus or spyware. I'm working to correct this problem, in the meantime I was told to contact everyone I could have potentially have had contact with online for the last few days and ask them to check their machines.

I'm downloading a removal tool from McAfee right now, which will detect if my problem is indeed due to a virus. If that's the case, when I'm done getting rid of it I'll come back here and tell you how to get the tool if you need it and what else you should do.
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer has a virus "force field", but all my ISP ports are open. Haven't had anything worse than a tracking cookie since we retored the computer last July so I'm not going to get paranoid over this Clin d'oeil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for everyone who owns a windows XP licence, Windows Defender (an anti spyware tool) is availlable for free on M$ site Cool

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surpris Micro$oft is actually offering something for free?? Must be the end of the world as we know it!!! Rire

Now, seriously. It also helps having a good antivirus and personal firewall in place, and make sure to have the most recent updates installed. It's also a good idea, believe it or not, to turn on Windows automatic update, it downloads patches and fixes security holes as they find them.

Good luck! Bravo
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

False alarm! Sourire It's a problem on the part of the website that hosts the board, Apparently it's happening to everyone else, too. Nevertheless, I still did a much-needed upgrade on my antivirus software. I upgraded from Norton Antivirus 2004 to Norton Antivirus 2007. Sourire
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with you Mike Bravo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To identify any problem can be either done on personally or through a application application which is known as PC or pc analytic resources or application. Another technique is examine within the windows sources for any such variance.
sam5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use cmd in pc to identify the viruses in a pc.Its a best method to recover all your datas.
DemetriusMoss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and make sure to have the most recent updates installed. It's also a good idea, believe it or not, to turn on Windows automatic update, it downloads patches and fixes security holes as they find them.

----------------------------
Intergrate All Awesome Movies - 3rd Rock from the Sun Seasons 1-6 DVD World Around for You!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: