RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Pregnant man! er woman?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Pregnant man! er woman? Reply with quote

Quote:
The Pregnant Man Grows Ever Larger in Buzz
by Molly McCall
Yesterday Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:30:51 PDT

On Thursday, Oprah introduced Oregon resident Thomas Beatie to anyone who hadn't yet heard of him. Beatie, a transgender man who is legally male, is six months pregnant with his and his wife's child. La Winfrey called the expectant situation "a new definition of what diversity means for everybody."

And everybody, it seems, is interested. Over the past seven days, searches for "pregnant man" rose 26,879%. Demand for "thomas beatie" grew more than 3,000%. Interest in "oregon man pregnant" has swelled 461%.

As for the skeptics who typed "man claims he is pregnant" and "pregnant man?" into Search, we can answer: Mr. Beatie retained his female reproductive organs. Because he has a uterus, he can get pregnant and carry a baby to term.

In Buzz, some of the most popular articles from the past week focused on the bun in Beatie's oven. As we posted earlier, Boing Boing and Huffington Post were two of the first sources to surface with articles on the story. Since then, the Huffington Post scored another hit with an item revealing more photos of the fertile daddy.

LilSugar, Yahoo! News, and People.com have also polled well with Buzz readers. The People.com article, which offers an exclusive video clip from the Oprah appearance, was one of the most voted-on articles in Buzz after the show aired.

So has this childbearing event really redefined what diversity means for everybody? The tale certainly seems to have people thinking about gender issues. We've noted a surge in queries for "transgendered" and "transgender pregnancy." Lookups for "pregnant man" have flowed in from every state in the U.S. and every age group.

With the fruitful papa about to enter his third trimester, we may have three more months of this baby buzz. Enjoy it!

ok so if any of you can figure this one out let me know. This is just insane that media really wants us to believe that this person is a man. Embarassť
So technically he/she is but he was not born a man Embarassť

A website:
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/91294

and I just can't even begin to tell you guys how twisted this all sounds not to mention makes my brain hurt trying to figure all of this out. Just sick andtwisted Embarassť
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er... April fools ? huh How that can be ?... I mean if he's a man he produces spermatozoids so he gots testicles ; i fhe gots testicles, he can't have ovaries. If if he didn't have ovaries, he can't have an uterus. How could he have his period to host a baby ?... Nah, that's just a stupid joke Embarassť

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seahorse

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the way I read it was this person was once a woman who kepts the reprodctive stuff to carry a baby as this person had that transgender surgery. People are just weird Embarassť and they keep calling this person a man when in reality it is a woman in a mans body.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I meant, a real man can't be pregnant ! Tire la langue

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess that goes to show you that, in the end, it doesn't really matter what you choose; biology will have the last word.
insu27

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for sharing this too inforamtive and awesome thread with us
i really like it a lot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: