RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Cartoons Take Revenge Against Network!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Cartoons Take Revenge Against Network! Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gze7RE9uvM

Fan-made video presented to the execs at CN who think live-action is "hip". Very well done, imo.
KT Kore

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was damn good.

I don't watch CN too much but I did notice they were playing some live-action stuff. Is the situation really that bad?

jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...not right now. Currently, there is NO live-action on the network (after Spider Man aired on Memorial Day) - and the only live action to air on the network came from the TBS movie archives...movies only. Although, I did read an upfront or announcement that CN was planning on creating LA "themed" movies and specials. CN isn't getting th ratings it wants. So, instead of making better animation, they lazy up and show/produce LA - becoming a second Disney/Nick channel (this is what is making the fans angry). Some of the commercials have been pin-poning how much they want to be like Nick. That's all I got.
KT Kore

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. That really blows. I hate it when networks "sell out" like that. I used to be a fan of G4 before they bought out TechTV. Back then they used to be a pure gaming channel. Now they've phased out any mention of "TV 4 Gamers" (their old slogan) and show stuff like Star Trek, The Man Show, Fastlane, Ed the Sock, Banzai and a bunch of other stuff that has nothing to do with games. In fact, they've created a special 3-hour block called the Video Game Mash-Up just for games because the rest of the network is focused on shows for men aged 18-34 (basically another Spike TV). It's so lame. But...a company's gotta make money somehow I suppose.

Live-action on CN seems so weird. I'm actually surprised that cartoons aren't doing it for them anymore.

DesperateEmo
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CN UK show live-action movies, such as My Girl. Yes, My Girl. Embarassť

We had a channel called CNX owned by Time Warner which showed anime and movies from Japan and stuff, but it morphed into Toonami which is aimed at kids now. They show thing's like Hangin' With Mr. Cooper now FFS!
Fan of Sponge
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are people who have voiced concerns. We have complained and you bend the rules a bit, but if you break the rules of agreement like putting live action on a cartoon themed channel, you will have complaints from people who watch your channel. The quality of CN has really decreased over the last few years and is truely at an all time low. Ted Tuner would have address these issues and would have removed those people who applied these plans. But no...Time Warner had to scare him off the Board of Directors. I really hate people who abuse their powers for their personal gain or enjoyment.

Oh yeah, about the video, I thought it was great. I thought it was about cartoons taking over CN, but the video had a musical tone featuring CN cartoons and comparing it to others. The person must really dislike 12 Oz. Mouse.

Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rire I agree with the anime part, but there's no live action at this point... or at least here in the US. It would've worked better with nickelodeon, really.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
koc12hi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a superb and outstanding work done
really great sharing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: