RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

American Dragon: Jake Long

View previous topic :: View next topic  
princesteve
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: American Dragon: Jake Long Reply with quote

A show that I like, you should check out is Disney Channel's American Dragon: Jake Long. Especially the Avatar fans. BTW, I see what all the fuze is about, Avatar: The Last Airbender is a great show.

Just like Avatar, very story arc driven. It is more comedic and goofy than Avatar. Writing probably not as good, but it is still a great show. It has this great love story between the main character Jake, and Rose.

And some familer voices. Dante Basco and Mae Whitman play important roles on both shows. Clancy Brown and Kerone Young has appeared on both shows.

One difference is AmDrag has variety of villians. Jake have fought many different villians, that have nothing to do with each other mostly. While almost every episode of Avatar evolves around the Fire Nation and the war.

Jake Long is played by the same guy that plays Prince Zuko on Avatar, Dante Basco. And it so different from Zuko, you see another side of Dante's acting ability. Jake Long is very carefree, and likes to have fun.

Jake's love interest is play by Mae Whitman. The same person that voices Katara. The irony is, her character Rose is the Zuko of the show. In the first season, she was on the main villan Huntsclan's side, but you know deep down she really is not evil. And in the second season, she is at a crossroads on her life, just like Zuko.

The person that voices Jake's most dangerous foe the Dark Dragon, Clancy Brown also voices Long Feng. Kerone Young voices Jake's grampa and dragon master, also voiced Jeong Jeong.

Avatar fans should check it out. And it is similar, because it is very story arc driven. Not as serious as Avatar, writing just a notch below, but I give it the edge over Avatar in terms of humor, someone on another board said this, AmDrag is a funny show that at times can be serious, while Avatar is a serious show that at times can be funny. And you hear some familer voices.

Cpt_Zim83
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I never realized that before. They really are the same voises on both shows. I thought it was weird when they dicided to use different art work on the second season of American Dragon. What happened? Did the first art staff quit or something? And regardles of that, the story between Jake and Rose is really good. And I'm guessing when the Dragon Cousel and the Huntclan find out about them (keep in mind Jake's grandpa and Foo Dog already know) there's going to be a lot of trouble for then both.
jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are SO MANY similarities between this show and Juniper Lee, it's not even funny.
avaitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarjar23 wrote:
There are SO MANY similarities between this show and Juniper Lee, it's not even funny.

Junniper Lee is a rip-off of AmDrag,whcih is one of Disney's best since DW.
princesteve
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dragon Council, forgot about them. Very conservitive people, I think they would freak out if they found out, Jake was going out with a member of the Huntsclan. But the most conservitive member Counclor Chang is in jail, so maybe they would be more open.

If Jake ever beats the Dark Dragon again, he deserves a free pass to do whatever he wants. Forget the rules, and date whoever he wants.

I don't understand the animation changes either. I think season 2 is more anime. I hate to bring out the show Avatar again, but maybe that was an influence for them to change the animation to that style.

I wish Disney Channel would treat the show as well as Nickelodeon as treated Avatar, and Cartoon Network as treated Jupitar Lee. And premere the episodes in order, and a good rate of new episodes.

It is frustrating, trying to follow the story, when Disney Channel airs it a turtle pace. The next big Jake / Rose episode, "Love Cruise", they are probably holding it back, till Febuary in order to incorporate it with Valentine's Day. That is terriable, who cares about the holidays. What is the difference between airing is a new episode, or as a repeat in Febuary.

pink fairy princess
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also Dante Basco if you are wondering where youve "seen" the voice before he was Rufio in the movie Hook.

When you can liveforever what do you laugh at?
pink fairy princess
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If u wanna see wot the AmDrag looks like watch Zac and Cody go to Hollywood he is London's stage "actress" LOL

When you can liveforever what do you laugh at?
gameboycjp10
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Dante played the traitor on Kim Possible on the eppie that Ron had to save China.

</a>
Mark_ferguson77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this topic because itís very nice and just of his little bit importance. And I think people should have to learn this and leave there comments on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: