NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

It's been awhile!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: It's been awhile! Reply with quote

I was thinking of you guys today so I decided to come say hi. Sourire

A lot of things have been happening for me since the last time I was here, some of them good, some of them bad.

About a month ago I met a really great guy named Corey. We met on MySpace and chatted on there every day and we found out we have a lot of things in common. We finally decided to meet in person earlier this week, and while I was kind of nervous and scared about it, it actually ended up being really fun. Sourire He lives about an hour away from me down in Ohio, so he came up here and I showed him around where I live in Michigan. He also came back up here on Wednesday to see me and right now I am waiting for him to come back up here again. He is coming to pick me up and he is going to take me back down to where he lives to show me around there. Sourire He's kind of a shy guy, but I really like him. He doesn't have a whole lot of luck with girls and I don't have a whole lot of luck with guys, so that's one of the things that's drawn us together. We are both really interested in each other but we are taking things very slowly cuz neither one of us wants to get hurt. So I really hope everything works out cuz I can see myself being very happy with someone like him. Sourire

Now on to the bad news! I lost my job at Walmart at the end of last month. Triste Actually, I was fired, and it was all because of something very, very dumb! Fou I was accused of theft because I picked up loose change I found laying found laying on the floor when I was walking through the store and I picked it up and pocketed it! Now I can see why they might consider it theft if I picked it up and it was near a register, but if it was near a register I always picked it up and made sure it got back in the register just in case it did come from it. But we're talking about things like pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters that you see laying on the floor in random areas of the store, like a dime laying in the same aisle as the chips and pop, which is nowhere near a register! And it's not like I did it all the time, like I was walking around the store looking for change people dropped on the floor. It was more like when I was walking to the back and on break and I might find a nickel laying on the floor by the Infants department and I'd go "Ooh! A nickel!" and pick it up. According to Walmart, though, if it's on the floor it belongs to them, and I was supposed to pick it up and take it the cash office. Whatever! Pfff I am not running all the way up to the front of the store to turn in a dime I found laying back by Electronics which is in the back of the store!

I knew something was up when I had worked almost a full shift and one of the managers came and pulled me off of my register at the self checkouts and made me follow her into the Loss Prevention office, and when I got in there there were three other managers in there. What sucked was when the one sat there and started interrogating me about a bunch of crap I didn't do and have never even thought of doing. He started asking me about return policies on electronics, have I ever been involved in "underringing" merchandise ("Underringing" means giving people I know things for free or discounting stuff for them just because I knew them.), and then he started asking me if I had ever stolen anything from them, and then called me a liar when I said no! Feu I asked him why he said I was lying and he goes "Because I know for a fact you have!" I asked him to elaborate because I still had no idea what he was talking about. Then he said several other associates and even customers had complained to management about me stealing from Walmart. I asked him what they said I was stealing, and he goes "Well, you have been picking up loose change you found on the floor while walking through the store, and that's stealing! And it's not really that big of a deal, but it's a terminable offense because it's an integrity issue and we can't have that here, so as of right now your employment with Walmart is terminated!" I actually looked up at him and said "ARE YOU F---ING KIDDING ME?!!" (Those were my exact words, too, LOL. Rire I never use that word, but I was so angry there was no other way to express what I was thinking and feeling. Besides that, what was he going to do to me? I was already fired!) Oh, and I left out the best part! The funniest part of the interrogation they did was when he started asking me about stealing things like TVs and stereos! I was so beyond pissed by then that I wanted to get really sarcastic and say "Yes! I went back to Electronics the other night before I left work and jammed an $800 52" Vizio down my pants and walked out of the store with it!" Another funny thing he told me was "Well you didn't really "steal" enough money to get the cops involved that's why we're not pressing charges!" I was like "Yeah, cuz if you call the cops out here for somebody picking up change that was found on the floor, they're going to laugh at you and say "Thanks for wasting our time!"". It took them 45 minutes to fire me! And I still don't understand how come it took four managers to fire me, when it should only take one. They all ganged up on me and interrogated me and bullied me to the point of tears, and by the time I got out of there I was so shaken up and upset I couldn't drive home. I had to call my mom and explain to her what happened and she came over and got me. I was standing out in the parking lot telling customers that were walking into the store how much Walmart sucks and how badly they treat their employees, all the people that work the hardest and make all the money for them. I didn't care anymore, and I still don't care!

The first thing I did when I got home was I came online and filed for unemployment, and the next day I drove over to Michigan Works and signed up there so the state could see that I am actively seeking work and I can collect unemployment. Then after I left there I started hitting every place I could think of and started filling out job applications. Now I completely understand everyone else's problems that are unemployed! I have filled out what seems like a million job applications, and either nobody is hiring or if they are hiring I always get my application in to them too late. And what's even worse is I still haven't found out if I can collect unemployment! My claim fell "under investigation" so now it's taking longer to see if I can get it. According to everything I have read online, the State of Michigan likes to drag their feet, and they're doing a very good job of it! Fou (HURRY UP!!) I am also almost positive that I will have to fight Walmart for it cuz I'm sure they are going to deny me. But I refuse to give up without a fight! Sourire

So I have been actively seeking employment since the end of last month. Nothing has come up yet, but it's started looking better this week. Sourire I had an interview Tuesday at Family Video, and I also found out that same day that two of the grocery stores I applied at that are in the same chain (It's a local, family-owned chain of stores) are going to start hiring cashiers within the next week or two. I also found out that the Meijer store I applied at that's across the street from the Walmart I worked at is getting ready to hire some cashiers for the gas station. That would be really awesome if I could get in there, cuz our Meijer store competes very heavily with the Walmart I got fired from, and there are several former Wally World associates working there! Tire la langue So I have to hit those stores again on Monday so I can bug them again! Sourire

So things are starting to look a little sunnier now than they did a month ago. Sourire Yesterday I was thinking back to all the bad things that have happened this year, like my ex (Who was the guy of my dreams) breaking up with me and how much that hurt me, and me getting fired from job last month, and I realized that there are times when you just have to hit rock bottom really hard before things start getting better again. I realized that maybe my ex and my job at Walmart weren't the plans for my life, they were just parts of the plan and I successfully completed those parts of the plan and now it's time to move on to bigger and better things. Sourire I have found a guy who is just as lonely as I am and he wants the same things I do like marriage and a family and he says he wants to be with me, and hopefully when I manage to find a new job it'll be better than the last one was. Sourire

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: All too often the first guy 2 thro a rok has bones in closet Reply with quote

They do this because they think they're the only game in town.

Someone I know lost a job at WM once upon a time for reasons he honestly doesn't remember or care about anymore, but the story is told that some time after that, someone obtained evidence that the supervisor who initiated the termination sold another person, who was very mature looking for a seventeen year old, a case of beer. It turned out to be rather ...informative when a floppy containing a video of the event turned up at their regional office in a plain manila envelope Rire

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never work for Walmart for reasons such as that. My mom used to work at a Walmart and got treated like crap and the manager I think she worked for is a major jerk to woman.
encino
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

College?
Star
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to hear from you again. I was just thinking about you the other day. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find a new job soon, and that things work out with you and Corey. Très content
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I really should start coming around more often! Rire

Well, it's been almost 10 months and I am still out of work. Triste I am looking and hoping and trying and praying every day, but I still can't find anything. Triste I have been applying everywhere I can possibly think of and then some, but still nothing. The job situation sucks really bad here in Michigan, especially where I live, where close to 20% of the whole county is unemployed. There have been so many businesses that have shut down here in the last two years that it makes me wonder why this place isn't a ghost town yet!

On the plus side, I have decided to go back to college! Sourire I've been accepted to a local university that is one of the best in the state, and I have always dreamed of going to school there! Well, this Fall I will finally get my chance! Très content I applied for my Federal Pell Grant and got it, and the State of Michigan also has a program called No Worker Left Behind where they will pay for an unemployed worker up to $5,000 a year for as long as they have the funds to keep doing it while you are going back to school. (They are doing this because the unemployment rate here is the highest in the country.) I applied for that and got it. Then the school I will be going to has a special grant that low-income students such as myself can apply for, and I will be able to find out more about how to apply for that next month when I go to register for classes. Sourire I have decided to go into Nursing, and I'm thinking of going to get my license to become an LPN. (Licensed Practical Nurse.) Sourire

Sadly, me and Corey didn't work out. Triste It wasn't anything either one of us did, we just decided to stay friends instead, which now that I think about it was probably a good idea! He had a very annoying habit that drove me up the wall, and I don't know how I'd handle it if I was in a relationship with him: He talked ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!!! Choqué It was so irritating because he would ramble on and on and on and on on the same subject, sometimes for almost a whole hour, and I could not get a word in for ANYTHING!!! He's one of those people that just makes you want to scream "SHUT UP AND LET ME TALK!!!" LOL!! Rire I can handle guys who like to talk a lot, just so long as they shut up enough to let me or somebody else say something!

So I'm back to being single again! Not really enjoying it, as I would love to have someone to call my own and truth be told I'm at the stage where I would love to have a serious relationship with a really sweet, decent, nice guy who loves me just as much as I love him, and I would love to settle down with him and get married and have a family of my own. I just haven't met that guy yet! Triste I guess if it's meant to happen, one way or another it will!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: