NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Going to Alaska!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Going to Alaska!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I'm leaving next sunday May 10th. I'm going to be working there all summer until September. Has anyone ever been there? I'm not sure what to expect I'm thinking its going to be really cold, glacier's everywhere and mosquitoes the size of my head Rire I think that parts right.

The sun never goes down, so with that being said can anyone give me advice especially with what kindof repellant I should get.

Oh and why it will take a bus 6 hrs. to get to Denali from Ancorage when it is only 280 miles away? Surpris
knoodelhed
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

280 mi / 6 hrs = 46.6 mph. Moving right along. Remember, Alaska is one of the few jurisdictions on this continent with no freeways. ^_^

So what sort of situation have you landed?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be working for a pizza place, as a busser but I get to go to Alaska so I think its worth it Sourire I found it on coolworks.com. Its actually a really cool site it lists every state and I even found some listing for Antarctica.
Cpt_Zim83
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awsome! I had a friend in the army stationed up there. He says it's one of the most beutiful places in the world.
Star
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey congratulations, it'll definitely be a journey you remember for the rest of your life!

I lived in Anchorage for many years, so I'm probably the best source of info you're likely to get. Unfortunately, I may have come across this thread a little bit late for you to get it before you leave for your trip.

As I'm not currently there all I can tell you about the weather is that at this time of year there may be snow on the ground yet. The temperature in Anchorage during the summer can range anywhere from upper 50's to mid 70's. Probably cold for you, but you might adjust after a few weeks.

There are glaciers in Alaska, of course. If you get the chance you should go check them out. The mosquitos are HUGE, no lie. If you can find Avon's Skin So Soft body wash, body spray, lotion. That seems to work. Or maybe Off! You might have to experiment.

Yes, it's practically daylight all summer long. The most we experienced was twilight, and that never lasted more than an hour or two before it started to get light again. It can be cool to get out and do stuff, but you can lose track of time easily. Also sleeping can be a challenge when it's so light out.

Be safe on your trip to Alaska, and have fun!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: