RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

My old car collection!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: My old car collection! Reply with quote

I've changed a bit the subject of my drawings, and now I'm focusing more on improving my skills with perspective and objects. I've been drawing some old cars recently, and I'm quite happy with the results. Here are some of my most recent creations. And of course, had to include some Nicktoons with them, just for kicks.

The good thing about them old cars from the'50s, '60s and '70s, particularly European imports, is that they are so cartoony they look really in character with the cartoon kids I draw!

I'm trying to figure out a way to depict a credible shine on the chrome and paint, though. If any of you could give any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

1953 Opel Rekord in alley with Rockets

Technical data:

- Vector drawing created with Inkscape 0.46 (http://www.inkscape.org)

- Background adapted from this one: http://luilouie.deviantart.com/art/Look-Up-in-the-sky-65820869

- Car drawn using this picture as reference: http://storm.oldcarmanualproject.com/opel/rekord/1953/05.jpg
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Do you still do them in paint?

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you did all that in paint..... Surpris
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe. Nope, I finally put Paint to rest. I made the car and the characters with an open source, vector graphics program called Inkscape (www.inkscape.org) that finally gave me something I really needed but never knew I did until I had it: the ability to use layers, objects, and scale up and down my drawings without distortion. Rire

I did edit the background in Paint, though. It's a simple, yet good little tool to remove unwanted objects from pictures, you only need tu use the tools it provides... and have a lot of patience. That's how I removed the person leaning on the wall - I stretched the image surrounding it until I covered the person, then retouched the lines that needed a bit of attention, and voilá. Then it was just a matter of reversing and stretching it horizontally, and put it to good use. Clin d'oeil

Finally, the composition was made in Inkscape (a layer for the background, several layers for the car (wheels, interiors, body and chrome), and another layer for the characters. Bravo
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one, still in need of a background. A 1956 Chevrolet BelAir convertible.

Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be the first Violet Stimpleton fanart ever!! Rire Plus, I finally learnt a way to make the cars look a tad shinier, adding some semi-transparent forms over them, following the contourns of the body panels. Hope you like it.

- Winston Churchill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Fanarts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: