FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

The current state of NickDisk Reloaded
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megagents
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: The current state of NickDisk Reloaded Reply with quote

The simple fact is this place is dead. You hardly get any new members, hardly any new threads and hardly anyone visits except for older members who come back for nostalgia. Superyo, you're going to have to make a decision. Either keep things the way they're going and let everything slowly come to a halt or move on with something else. How about making a new start with a new Nick forum? Or make a forum with something else you like? For the moment you do have a few loyal users who I'm sure are willing to help you out any way they can. Just DO something because this is all depressing. C'mon everybody what do you say? Should we create something new or try to breath life into this place?
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't you the person that yelled at someone for saying something you thought was "out there" because your idea was different. And weren't you also the person who believed that I was nuts because I offered an affiliation with this board?

Yeah... I'd listen to Encino before you Rire Sorry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. But at least some of us "Older members" are trying to post from time to time. Counting mods and admins, there are 557 registered users here, and I haven't seen any activity here but for a few honorable exceptions. In the last two or three weeks or so, only Hihey and I have been posting something; but it's definitely a lot more activity than this forum had last December.

I don't know if Superyo still visits this forum or not, and the same goes for the other mods and admins; but I do agree that it's time to change the focus of the forum a bit. Nothing worth reporting coming from Nickelodeon lately, after all.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this place is dead... I know... What to do ? I really don't have anmore ideas ! I thought that having more forums would help bringing new members but I was wrong Triste Maybe Nickdisk did the righ choice to leave before it's too late Hum...

What happened ? Many reasons.

Many years ago the web was different. There were plenty of small unofficial sites that lived thanks to webmasters that only want to share something with the world. Now the web is only filled with big official sites and dumb blogs that have nothing to say except that "today I bought a cute pink dress"...

I rememeber when I opened my site and received tons of mails giving me advices, hellos... Now everyone's so afraid to received stupid vi*gr* spams that no one send any mails.

Nick changed ! Old Nicktoons were so way better than what's aired today on tv. I felt like an old guy saying "it was better when I was young" but that's clear that since KC's death, it's not the same.

We grow. That doesn't mean we don't like cartoons / nick anymore just maybe we don't have as much free times as we had before. To tell the truth, I have to admit I have a lot of work these days and personnal stuff (ok ok gf stuff) when I get home.

Now what to do ?... I wanted to open a new website about cartoon news but I really don't have the time to work on it and fill it with information. I'm always wide open to every suggestions Sourire

Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still visit the forum every day or every other day to see if anyone's posting. I know I'm guilty of not posting anything new, or contributing to some of the threads. Sorry about that.

Frankly, I don't think there's anything we can do that will attract new members or get people posting again. I think interest in Nick has seriously waned. It may be time to shut down the forum. Triste
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shame on you Tire la langue

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghostown, ha.
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star wrote:
It may be time to shut down the forum. Triste

I would never shut down a board. I would abandon it if anything.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Megagents
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hihey9989 wrote:
Aren't you the person that yelled at someone for saying something you thought was "out there" because your idea was different. And weren't you also the person who believed that I was nuts because I offered an affiliation with this board?

I do not recall the first incident but I do remember the second. I merely said that you should affiliate with a forum that was similar to what your forum was about. I never said you were nuts.

Quote:
Yeah... I'd listen to Encino before you Rire Sorry.

No I'm sorry. Sorry that I have no idea what Encino is. Because of this your joke has horribly failed. Oh wait.. I'm not sorry Rire .
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what superyo said. So many dynamics have changed since "the old days" when Nickdisk was in its prime.

Honestly, I don't think any changes would increase traffic much if at all.

Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you guys are fun to chat with! I don't want this place to just disappear because there is still activity here Clin d'oeil
Star
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until a thread like this kills it. Tire la langue

Hey Mark, haven't heard from you in a while. What's going on?
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star wrote:

Indeed... I don't want to start a flame war here with Megagents. Kinda bad when two members of a board of about six active start a flame war.

And I was about to ask that, too. Howzit, Mark?
Megagents
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star wrote:

How can a thread like this kill the board? Talking about how well the board is or isn't doing, is not bad.

Hihey9989 wrote:
Star wrote:

Indeed... I don't want to start a flame war here with Megagents. Kinda bad when two members of a board of about six active start a flame war.

I don't participate in flame wars and I hope you aren't trying to suggest that I'm trying to start one now. It is you who took it upon yourself to bring up old arguments that no one cares about anymore.

--------------------

Well I guess this thread has come to an end. All I wanted to do is start a discussion on the state of the board and see what was going to be done about it. superyo has made it clear that he's busy and Nick isn't what it used to be. Which is very much true. The board should most definitely stay up to act as an achieve to what a Nick community used to be like. I wish you all good luck in your future endeavors, stay true to yourself and have a great life.
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megagents wrote:
Star wrote:

How can a thread like this kill the board? Talking about how well the board is or isn't doing, is not bad.

Hihey9989 wrote:
Star wrote:

I don't participate in flame wars and I hope you aren't trying to suggest that I'm trying to start one now. It is you who took it upon yourself to bring up old arguments that no one cares about anymore.

--------------------

Well I guess this thread has come to an end. All I wanted to do is start a discussion on the state of the board and see what was going to be done about it. superyo has made it clear that he's busy and Nick isn't what it used to be. Which is very much true. The board should most definitely stay up to act as an achieve to what a Nick community used to be like. I wish you all good luck in your future endeavors, stay true to yourself and have a great life.

That's good you don't participate in flame wars. Nobody is starting one, so why start one now?

And good luck to you, too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> HQ All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum