NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

It's rumored that I have an admirer!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: It's rumored that I have an admirer! Reply with quote

. . . And if it's real, it feels kinda nice! Très content

I found out about him tonight. He works with me, as does his cousin Ashleigh. Ash was the one who told me about it, and she said he's been talking about me a lot and said he's even considering asking me out! Sourire She asked me what I thought of him and I said "He's cute!"

And he is cute! He's tall with brown eyes and shaved, dishwater blonde hair. He's not really skinny but he's nowhere near fat. He's kinda shy and quiet, and is obviously a huge fan of Guns N Roses and Poison. (You can tell by all the different GNR and Poison shirts he wears!) I haven't really talked to him much, but he seems like a really nice guy.

So now I'm interested in seeing what happens. Sourire If he ever does decide he wants to ask me out, I just may take him up on his offer. The worst thing that could happen is I'd end up having a bad time, but on the other hand I might really enjoy myself and finally find someone that I like who is actually interested in me. Besides, it would beat staying home all the time! Sourire

Hopefully this all just isn't some kind of sick rumor, though. I've had this kind of thing happen to me before, and it's just mean to do that! Triste

Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I hope he asks you out! You're definitely due to go out and have some fun. Très content
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! Très content I'd rather he be the one to make the first move, though, as every time I have attempted to ask a guy out I usually screw it up. That goes without saying that I'd like to "help" the process along, though! Clin d'oeil I figured all I really have to do is say hi to him when I see him and be friendly. Maybe strike up a conversation with him about one of his many shirts or something and see what happens from there. Sourire

It would be so incredibly nice to end this five year long streak of dating bad luck! Sourire I would really love to have someone like that that I could become close to, someone who doesn't laugh at me when I tell them what I'm afraid of and doesn't think I'm crazy for having the dreams I have.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I learned a little more about him yesterday from his cousin! Sourire

He's 23, which makes him three years younger than me, and he wasn't born and raised anywhere around here. He was born and raised in Alabama and moved up here just a few years ago. He enjoys weight lifting and is currently training for boxing. Besides his obvious love for rock music, he also enjoys gaming.

He worked today, and I did my best to work my "magic", starting when he was called up to Customer Service (Which just happened to be the area I was working in today, natch! Clin d'oeil ) to help hang up a sign. Then, a few more times throughout the day when I was walking somewhere I made sure I "just happened" to be in the same areas he was, although I watched how I did this because I don't want to freak him out! Sourire When I went to break I made sure to take a seat at the same table he was sitting at in the break room, with him sitting at one end of the table and me at the other. (It was funny, though, because one of my coworkers that I always sit with didn't understand why I sat where I did. Rire When I sat down she looked at me and said "You can come sit over here. I promise I don't bite!" Rire I said "No, that's OK, I'll just sit here!" and nodded my head in his direction. Then she figured it out! Rire ) We didn't say anything to each other the whole time we were sitting there, and then he had to go back to work. It was getting close to time for me to go back, too, so I waited until he'd been gone for about a minute and then I left, and I made sure to "just happen to catch up" with him when we were both walking to the front of the store. Clin d'oeil When I met up with him I wanted him to say something, so I talked first. I said something about "Not wanting to go back to work," figuring idle chit chat was better than nothing at all. So we talked briefly about minor work frustrations and parted ways when we got up to the front, and he told me to "Have fun at the Service Desk!" Sourire

I didn't have a chance to "meet up" with him again until I went to lunch. I had a quick errand to run when I was on lunch that required me to actually leave the store, so when I came back and was driving through the parking lot and I saw him outside getting carts (That's part of his job) and pushing them back into the store, I couldn't resist! Sourire I was walking right behind him (All the while admiring the fact that he has a cute butt! Clin d'oeil ), and he was just a few feet in front of me. He asked the guy that was out there working with him what time he works tomorrow, and I used that opportunity to make a joke, saying "He never works! He's a slacker!" I got a little smile out of him! Très content We walked back to the back together this time, again engaging in idle chit chat. He went into the break room first, and I followed a few moments later. (I went to go buy some food.) This time I sat down at the table in front of him instead of sitting at the same one so I wouldn't appear stalkerish or anything. I got into a conversation with someone else, and someone came and sat down at the table he was sitting at. The person that sat down at his table said something funny, and I heard it and started laughing, and I turned around and said something to that person. I'm sure he was staring at me, because he quickly turned his head in the other direction, then he slowly brought his gaze back in my direction and we kinda locked stares for a moment. Sourire

That was the last encounter we had today, but I'm hoping there'll be more like that ! Clin d'oeil Each time when I saw him today and I knew we were both going to the same places it was kinda like "There's your guy! Let's go!" Rire

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've changed my mind about him now! Fou

I had a conversation tonight with a friend of mine who knows him and she warned me to be extremely careful with him.

Turns out that he dated another girl I work with, and he ended up getting her pregnant and then leaving her with a baby, and now he refuses to accept responsibility for his two year old son! Fou He also cheated on her with someone way, WAY older! Fou

I have no problem with the fact that he has a kid. It's the fact that he took off and left his girlfriend with a baby to raise all by herself and he refuses to have anything to do with the kid, who is completely innocent! If things were different and he accepted responsibility for his son and he hadn't cheated on his girlfriend but they broke up for other reasons, I'd have no problems with dating him at all; I'd love his son like he was my own! But I can see right now that if I chose to date him by this time next year I'd be in the same boat his ex-girlfriend is in; a single mother with a kid who has a deadbeat dad! No thank you! Fou I respect myself more than that!

I swear I could be the poster child for the girls that attract all the jerks! It must be a written rule somewhere that if you're a nice girl the only guys that can like you are the jerks! Fou

I knew this was all too good to be true! Pleure

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this. But I got to be honest with you, you said a friend of your told you this?
Did any body else tell you about him?
Does your friend have any prof?
Because this almost sounds like you were told this by someone who is jealous. huh
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. But I have had people do this to me before.
ottoman
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, you will find true love. God always has a plan for us. Très content

Thanks to all that supported my site for 7 years, I hope to see you at my site, rocketpowerheat.tripod.com! Sourire Très content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be crazy and out of my mind, but I've decided to at least give him a chance. My change of heart came about on Friday night after I talked to a mutual friend, who just so happens to be one of his best friends.

He explained everything to me. He said there are lots of rumors going around about Josh, and they all started as a result of his ex being jealous of me and another girl that really likes him being jealous of me because he likes me instead of her. (I find this funny because I'm usually always the jealous one!)

He told me that things just didn't work out with him and his ex for a bunch of different reasons, and she was the one who left him, not the other way around. He said the whole thing was really messy because they'd been together for so long and they'd had a kid together. I asked him about the kid, and he said that was also a lie. He said Josh really wants to be a part of his son's life but his ex won't let him and that really hurts him.

Our friend told me he really thought I should give him another chance and that I was really hurting Josh's feelings because I wouldn't talk to him. He told me that he's not perfect, but he is a good guy and he thinks we'd be good for each other.

It should also be mentioned that the friend that told me all of this is a devout Christian who never lies about anything and he told me he wouldn't have told me I should reconsider if he thought and/or knew I was going to get hurt.

I thought about what he said all day yesterday and I decided "What the heck, why not?" I figured I could at least give him a shot. I figured if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. But, on the other hand, what if it does? He could be the right guy for me and I'll never know unless I give him a chance to prove himself.

So I called him and we talked for a little while. (He gave me his number awhile back.) He also explained everything to me, and we even set up a date for sometime next week! Sourire It's a group thing, so hopefully it won't be too awkward! His cousin is the one planning the whole thing and he's supposed to call me back and let me know when we're going. (He said it'll be either Wednesday or Thursday night.) We're going to go out for dinner and then to a movie.

Anyway, I'm really nervous! Embarassé It's been a really long time since I've been on a date, so I hope I don't screw up too bad!

Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't psych yourself out right from the start! You are not going to screw anything up. Just relax and be yourself. Sourire

You know, I wondered if any of that was true or just petty jealousy. It's hard to know what to believe, even when you get the story directly from the source. You always have to remember there's more than one side to a story.

Anyway, I'm glad you decided to give him a chance. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck! Bravo
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star wrote:
Don't psych yourself out right from the start! You are not going to screw anything up. Just relax and be yourself. Sourire

You know, I wondered if any of that was true or just petty jealousy. It's hard to know what to believe, even when you get the story directly from the source. You always have to remember there's more than one side to a story.

Anyway, I'm glad you decided to give him a chance. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck! Bravo

Thanks! Sourire

When I called I also figured "The worst thing that could happen is it might end up being a complete disaster, but, on the other hand, it might be a fun disaster and it might be nice to have a partner in crime, even if it is just for one night!" Tire la langue

It's funny how this all worked out, though! Just the other day my mom was telling me that she thought I needed to find someone to go out and do stuff with since I don't really go out at all, and then this happened! Tire la langue So maybe I have found someone to do stuff with after all! Sourire

I thought it was kinda cute how he mentioned on the phone today that he's been interested in me for awhile and has had eye on me. embarassed It was nice because it made me realize that I'm not completely invisible like I thought I was! Fier

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he called me back and left me a voicemail and asked me to call him back, which I did.

We decided we're going out on Wednesday night, but it's just going to be the two of us. The other option was Friday night, but that doesn't work for me because I have to work from 3 to 10 PM on Friday.

We're not sure what we're going to do, which is why I told him I'll call him back tomorrow and we can figure out what to do.

Anyway, I'm excited! Très content My mom is also excited for me and she hopes that it'll all work out for me. (So do I!) She's now doing that whole "See! I told you so!" thing because she kept telling me that when the time was right I would eventually get a date.

I'm keeping my mouth shut about it at work, though, just in case it doesn't work out. I figured if it does work out between us everybody'll find out about it soon enough because there's more than enough noseys (I'm not sure if that's even a word, but it is now!) there that can't mind their own business. Besides, I work have to work very closely with his ex and the other girl, so the last thing I need is for them to start spreading rumors about me, too! Embarassé

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've decided we're going to do traditional first date stuff; tomorrow night we're going to go see a movie and then go out to dinner. Très content

And so much for keeping things mum at work! As it turned out, after I got off the phone with him yesterday he called his best friend Bill, who also works with us, and told Bill that we had a date. Last night I saw Bill, and Bill goes "So I hear you have a hot date for Wednesday night!" (Bill is one of those people who can't keep anything to himself, so I know it's only a matter of time before everyone else knows about it.) So much for that!

Anyway, Bill said he was happy for us and he hopes everything works out for the best. (He might have a big mouth, but he's a really sweet guy!) He also said that he's happy I decided to give Josh a chance because he's had to listen to him talk about me for the last year. (I find that kinda funny because I'd never really talked to Josh until just a couple of months ago!)

I'm still really nervous, though! First dates always remind me of job interviews: You hope you don't screw up and you hope the other person doesn't make you change your mind. Last night I talked to my mom again and she told me to just not get too attached during the first date just in case it doesn't work out. (I really hope it does, though!) Other than that, she says she does hope it'll all work out for me because she said I deserve to be happy and it would be great to see me finally have someone of my own.

Last night I had a terrible dream that the date was a total disaster and we had absolutely nothing in common. I woke up and was almost in tears, then I realized it was just a dream and that I should just relax, which is what I'm trying to do.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like everyone says "just be yourself" Sourire You'll have a great time!
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ended up being a lot of fun. It was really awkward at times, but I think it went well. We're planning on doing it again. Sourire

He picked me up at about 5 PM, and we headed over to the theater. Most of the movies had already started or didn't start until later, so we decided to go eat first. We went to Applebee's, where I ordered a Chicken Fajita Roll Up with fries and Diet Pepsi and he ordered a pasta dish with chicken that looked really good and a Diet Pepsi. We had chips and salsa for an appetizer.

After that, we went back to the theater and decided on seeing Bedtime Stories. (It was a really good movie and was really funny!)

We tried to keep the conversation rolling, but there were some periods that were kind of awkward! embarassed We did find out that we like a lot of the same movies, TV shows and music, though! We also seem to find a lot of the same things funny. For the most part, though, when things started getting awkward, I tried to think of things to say to break the silence. When I couldn't, I just tried to enjoy his company. To me, the movie was great because we got to sit side by side and we didn't have to worry so much about keeping the conversation flowing. Our arms kind of rested on each other throughout the movie and we were close and definitely within each other's personal space but we weren't too close. It was really nice because he was warm! Fier

I was really hoping that he'd be the one to kiss me goodnight, though! I ended up being the one to kiss him goodnight, and it was just a peck on the cheek before I got out of the car to go inside.

I'll have to admit that I was really nervous all throughout today, though! I really just wanted everything to go well, and I really hope it did! I was so nervous today that I couldn't even eat lunch! Embarassé

I so hope I made a good impression and that it works out because I really like him and I think if it does work out he could very well be the one for me! Très content

I should also point out that on the way to Applebee's the song that we listened to on the radio was "Gotta Be Somebody" by Nickelback! Fier

Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you had a good time with each other and have decided to go out again. Sounds promising! Très content
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: