NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Fun, fun, fun!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Fun, fun, fun! Reply with quote

Guess who's going to the hospital to get tests done in a couple of weeks? Triste

I've been having problems all summer with Urinary Tract Infections, and today I had to go to the doctor for a follow-up exam from the last one I had last month. He gave me yet another prescription to take (Ciproflaxacn), and after I get done with that I have to report to the hospital for a IVP (Intravenous Pyelogram) test. Basically they're going to give me an IV full of dye either in my arm or the back of my hand, pump me full of the stuff and take Xrays of my kidneys, ureters, and my bladder and look for possible kidney stones. I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything 8 hours before the test.

The day before will be fun, too. I can only have clear fluids, such as black coffee or tea, apple juice, white grape juice, water, and lemon lime pop. I have to watch out for foods with red dye in them, too. I also have to take a mild laxative a couple of times the day before called Fleet's Phospho-soda. Somehow I have the feeling it's going to taste nasty, because I was told to take it with lemon lime pop. Embarassé

My mom and sister have both had the same tests done before and they both warned me that I will be running to the bathroom A LOT the day before the test and the day of the test because the Phospho-Soda and dye give you really bad diarrhea.

After the test is done and the results are back, it'll be determined if I need to see a urologist.

They took a urine sample from me today and said my pee had a lot of blood, bacteria and protein in it, so that was cause for concern.

I really hope I don't have kidney stones but it wouldn't surprise me if I did. Just about everyone in my mom's family has them, including my mom, and my oldest sister has had them, too. According to my sister, the pain from having to pass one of those things is worse than giving birth! She also said that at least when you give birth you have something to show for it in the end. With a kidney stone you don't really have anything to show for it except something that resembles a bunch of small rocks. Rire

Rire

Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can always keep it in a glass Rire ok ok sorry Tire la langue

I hope you'll be fine again soon Sourire

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow is the day of the liquid diet, as I go in for the test on Friday!

Tomorrow I can only have broth and Jello to eat (Only lemon, pineapple and lime Jello), and I get to take the nasty laxative. Embarassé Yippee skippy! I made sure to stock up on broth, Jello and lemon lime pop today before I left work. I bought four boxes of Rachael Ray's Stock in a Box (Two boxes of beef and two of chicken), since I figured if I'm not going to be able to eat anything else I might as well get broth that's full of flavor. Besides, with that all I'll have to do is measure it out, put it in a bowl or cup and heat it up in the microwave.

I'm a bit of a dummy, though. Tonight I was reading over my instructions I have to follow for tomorrow and realized that I was supposed to make an appointment to have blood drawn before I go to the hospital on Friday, and I forgot to do it! Surpris The sad thing is the doctor's office actually called me and told me I had to do it! So I'm going to the walk-in clinic first thing tomorrow morning to see if they can do it for me there. I see no reason why they can't. It has to be at least 24 hours before I go to the hospital, so if I make it to the clinic tomorrow morning at 7 AM and they can do it then, that'll be more than 24 hours away.

Everyone says that the Fleet's Phospho-Soda I have to take is really nasty. Two people described it to me like this: Imagine taking a whole can of salt and just pouring it down your throat. They said it's terribly salty, and one told me I'll feel like throwing it up after I take it, but she told me not to, because if I do I'll just have to take it again. So guess what that mean? SPRITE CHASERS! Rire She also told me I'll feel really crummy after taking it, so try and get lots of rest inbetween running to the bathroom.

So I'll try and let everyone know how I'm feeling tomorrow after I take the damned stuff. Rire

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! Rire
I've also got a slight infection, but all I need to do is take a few pills for the next week. I can't mix them with alcohol though Triste

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they were able to draw blood from me today at the clinic and they're sending it to the hospital this afternoon. (I think they have to test it or something.)

Other than that I'm feeling OK, right now I'm just really tired and cold for some strange reason. When I got home this morning I wrapped up in a blanket and took a nap on the couch for about two hours.

I haven't taken the nasty Phospho-Soda yet (Waiting until about 1 PM to do that, and it's just going on 11 AM right now.) I ate lime Jello for breakfast this morning, and I'll tell you that Jello is not exactly the breakfast of champions, but I guess it's better than nothing. It's driving me nuts because I'm getting really hungry and every time I walk into the kitchen and open up a cabinet or drawer for something I see food that looks and sounds really good, then I remember I can't have it. Fou I pulled out a box of Velveeta Shells and Cheese earlier and kept imaging how good it would taste. Mmm, all that warm pasta covered in cheese with a little bit of pepper sprinkled on top. . .OK, I'll stop now! Rire How come we never want something until we're told we can't have it? I think tomorrow morning after this is all over with I'm driving myself over to Bob Evans for Biscuits and Sausage Gravy.

Maybe I'll go try and drink some broth right now and that'll take the edge off of my hunger.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm officially done with the Phospho-Soda, and let me tell you it is one of the WORST things I have EVER tasted! Embarassé

It's got a really strong, sour, salty taste to it. I can keep it down, though, which is good. I really didn't want to have to take the stuff more than was necessary. Also, they always say "What goes in must come out", and that it does! (Sorry for grossing anyone out! Rire ) It makes you very. . .um. . .regular!

I'm also getting really tired of broth and Jello. I can't wait until tomorrow when I can get some REAL food!

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's over with now! Sourire

I left home at 6:45 this morning, drove to the hospital, and got there just shortly after 7. Had to go and register and then go to Radiology, where I had to fill out paperwork, then I had to sit in the waiting room for a little while. At about 7:30, I was taken back and I had to take off all of my clothes except my underwear and put on one of those lovely hospital gowns.
Rire

The radiologist came back and got me after I changed and took me back to the room where the test would be done. I had to lie down on this cold, uncomfortable table (They really tried to make it comfortable, though. It had some thin padding on it and was covered with a sheet and it had a pillow for my head.), and they explained the whole procedure to me. I basically lied there while they moved the machine and took various xrays of the lower half of my torso, then they gave me an IV full of iodine in my arm, and then took some more xrays. After a little while I was asked to go to the bathroom and then come back, and they took a few more xrays. They took what seemed like a million xrays! Then I was done. The worst part (Other than yesterday) was getting the needle for the IV stuck in my arm, but it only hurt for just a minute and then I couldn't even feel it.

The best part came after the whole thing was done. I was free to go eat! Très content I changed my mind about where I wanted to go and decided to go to Tim Horton's instead. I ordered two Strawberry Explosion muffins and a large French Vanilla Iced Cappuccino! Not very good for the diet, I know, but I figured it's OK if I eat a little extra today because I didn't really eat anything yesterday. I was so happy to have solid food I could hardly contain myself once I sat down. The first thing I did was peel the wrapper off of the muffin and chow down! Rire It felt so good to have food down the hatch! Rire Then I started feeling really guilty and sad because here I was complaining about being hungry all day yesterday, and there are people all over the world who are hungry like that every day. They wake up in the morning hungry and go to bed hungry, and they don't do it by choice. And it's not just people who are like that, either. There are stray dogs and cats that are like that, too. They were forced to live like that because someone just up and abandoned them somewhere, like someone did to my cat before I found her. It's painful to think that there are people and animals that have no money, no food and nowhere to call home.

I worked in a restaurant a few years back and I vividly remember this one night when I was at work and two woman, and older lady probably in her 50s or 60s, and her daughter, who had to be about 30, came in. It was really obvious that they were homeless and had very little money. They brought in a cart full of magazines, newspapers, phonebooks, all kinds of little trinkets and gadgets with them, and two or three bags full of clothes. They ordered two cups of coffee, and sat in the restaurant for five hours. I was out cleaning tables and stocking supplies that night, and we talked almost the whole time we were out there. They kept telling me they were going to see some relatives, but I could tell they were just making that up. The younger one seemed somewhat retarded, but nonetheless she seemed happy and was telling me about how she was trying so hard to get a job so she could have some money but she couldn't figure out why no one wanted to hire her. She spent some of her time there filling out a job application, and I felt really terrible for her because it looked like she was trying so hard but was having no luck at all, and she seemed like a really bright and friendly person. Her mom also filled out an application, and she also seemed to be really bright and friendly.

There was this jerky kid named Brad working there at the time, and I knew him from school and he did not get along at all. All he did all night long was sit there and make fun of those two women and he made fun of me for being so nice to them. I kept my mouth shut for most of the night, then at about 11 PM, one hour before we were supposed to close, I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore. He had the balls to walk out there to their table and basically kick them out of the restaurant! It was four or five days before Christmas, and it was snowing and below freezing outside!

That's when I couldn't handle it anymore. After they left and he went back to "work", I actually stopped what I was doing and said "What in the Hell did you do that for?" He said "We're getting ready to close and they've been in here for five hours! Who sits in a restaurant and drinks coffee for five hours?" I said "Somebody who's cold and has no money and nowhere else to go!" He goes "They can go HOME!", then he started laughing at them again because they had brought in all that stuff with them. That's when I got really angry and actually started crying because I was so mad at him. I said "You are a COMPLETE idiot! Not everyone can go home, Brad, because not everyone has a home to go to, not everyone has money and not everyone has food!" He basically retorted by telling me I was an idiot for believing that "myth", and then started making fun of me and saying that I must be related to them since I was sticking up for them so much. I said "Say what you want about ME, but I'd rather be related to them than an a**hole like YOU! I really hope that you don't up like they are one day, but if you do you get what you deserve!" It was a good thing there were no customers in there at the time, because we were really yelling! Rire

The strange thing is a few days later I had run into his stepbrother, Derek (Who was a total sweetheart, completely opposite of his evil stepbrother!), at a store while doing some Christmas shopping, and Derek told me when Brad got home from work that night he was really mad and told Derek that while he was at work he'd gotten into an argument with a "Stupid blond chick" and he called me a b****. Derek asked him what we argued about, and when he told him Derek said he agreed with me. (HA! Tire la langue ) Then Derek told me that Brad really wasn't much better than those women were, because their house was barely a house, and they really didn't have that much money, either. He said they really didn't have much of anything, which surprised me because Derek was always really well-dressed. (I later learned from him that he was always dressed like that because he was taking some modeling classes and he often got lots of modeling jobs. He was actually featured in an ad that appeared in Seventeen Magazine a couple of times, and said that his modeling jobs paid pretty decently, and he often got free clothes out of the jobs he got. He also did a lot of theater work, getting roles in plays and stuff like that. The guy's got a lot of talent!)

So anyway, I'm just glad to have the whole thing over with. I won't know of my results until Monday, but at least I can real food again! YAY! Très content

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: