NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

I'm moving out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: I'm moving out! Reply with quote

It's ages since I've actually made a post, let alone about myself!

Well, anyway, I'm leaving home next Saturday for University. I'm going to be about 2 hours-ish away (and a horrendous 3.5 hours by public transport) on the east coast, which is forever in Scottish terms.

I'm not too sure how I feel about it. Most of my friends are all staying at home and going to college/university in the city which is only a short train ride away. So I'm the only person in my school that's going as far Rire

The annoying thing is, everybody said they were going to do lots of different things and go all sorts of strange places and every one of them chickened out. I'm the only one who followed through! That's a good thing I suppose, because I don't feel trapped and can be myself.

Wish me luck!

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! Sourire

Keep us posted on what happens! Sourire

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sourire
It'll be an adjustment, but I'm sort of looking forward to it, I think Rire

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool! Uni sounds like a great place.
Hopefully, you can enjoy all the experience and maybe even meet a good girl or uhm guy for you Clin d'oeil ahhh Myers lool peace

BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in high school I seriously contemplated crossing the border into Canada and going to college there. I wanted to go to school in Windsor, starting out taking core classes at St. Clair College (A community college), then moving on to University of Windsor. Sadly, I didn't go because 1.) My high school grades were horrible (I really struggled in high school), and 2.) I didn't have the money and didn't qualify for Student Aide. I couldn't get it in Canada because I wasn't a Canadian citizen, and I couldn't get it in the US because I was under the age of 25 and even though I was working, I was still living at home and everything was based off of my parents' income, and they made too much money for me to qualify. So it was a no go. Triste I was even going to apply for citizenship if I liked it there. (I would've been eligible to apply for citizenship my fourth year there, provided that I lived there for at least the first three years out of that four.) So I would've had dual citizenship in the US and Canada.

If I would've went to Windsor I would've only been about 2 1/2 hours away from home, so I could've easily come home on weekends or on days that I had free. Also, if I'd been able to go and gotten approved for citizenship, I could be saving myself some money on health insurance right now. (It's costing me $138 a month for insurance! Surpris )

Who knows, maybe someday I'll be up there. I really like the Windsor and Niagara Falls areas up there, they are really beautiful places. Maybe someday when I'm finally married I can convince my husband to move to one of those places! Clin d'oeil Better yet, maybe I'll marry a Canadian and not have to convince him! Rire You never know, it could happen! I was friends with a girl a few years ago who moved down here from a Toronto suburb and she introduced me to her single cousin who was the same age as us and we got a little friendly. We just mostly talked on the phone and through e-mail and IM and stuff, though. I remember him calling me on the phone on my birthday just to sing "Happy Birthday" to me and then he called me a little over a week later just to tell me happy Valentine's Day. Sourire It was so sweet because he said he really wished he could've spent Valentine's Day and my birthday with me. I really wish he could have, too! Sourire That whole thing only lasted a couple of months, though, I think mostly due to the fact that we were so far apart physically. I really wish it would've lasted, though. I really liked him.

OK, now back to the topic at hand!

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, reminiscing, are we? Rire
Yeah, there's a HUGE amount of North Americans at my university. Going abroad is something that just isn't done here, at least if it's your first time going to university straight from high school. The whole experience is daunting enough huh

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm moving out! Reply with quote

bearbear wrote:
It's ages since I've actually made a post, let alone about myself!

Well, anyway, I'm leaving home next Saturday for University. I'm going to be about 2 hours-ish away (and a horrendous 3.5 hours by public transport) on the east coast, which is forever in Scottish terms.

I'm not too sure how I feel about it. Most of my friends are all staying at home and going to college/university in the city which is only a short train ride away. So I'm the only person in my school that's going as far Rire

The annoying thing is, everybody said they were going to do lots of different things and go all sorts of strange places and every one of them chickened out. I'm the only one who followed through! That's a good thing I suppose, because I don't feel trapped and can be myself.

Wish me luck!

I kinda always thought you'd move away. Admittedly I thought it might be a bit further south (and over the Channel Clin d'oeil ), but there's still time! Good luck.

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Sourire

I'm sure it will be great Bravo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: