NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Went and saw my sister in the hospital tonight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Went and saw my sister in the hospital tonight Reply with quote

She had to have a complete hysterectomy today, and she looked and sounded terrible when I saw her tonight.

She was really drugged up and sick from the anesthesia they gave her when she went in for surgery. She actually threw up tonight from that and a combination of milk, chicken broth and apple juice. It was nasty! Embarassé

Hopefully this will end some of her reproductive health problems, though. She had fibroid tumors in her uterus and at one point in time had an ectopic pregnancy. She was told she was never going to be able to have a baby, but guess what happened two summers ago? She found out she was pregnant, and now I have an adorable and extremely loveable 1 1/2 year old nephew. (Who, BTW, I LOVE to spoil! Très content )

Her doctor said the only downfall to her having this surgery is that in a few weeks it's going to throw her into early menopause. Hum...

She had the surgery because a growth was found inside of her, and her doctor told her that with all the problems she's had she was prime target for cancer, either uterian or cervical. So she decided to have it done.

I'm kinda worried about it, though. One of my other sisters had to have the same thing done for the same reasons, and the doctor that performed the surgery on my sister today said that with there being two cases of that in the same family, it's possible that me and my third sister might also have to have the same surgery at some point in time, although it more than likely wouldn't be until we reached our 40s. (I'm 26 and she's 37.) I sure hope not, because that'll probably be right around the time I finally start having kids of my own, and without all the "necessary hardware", that's a little hard to do! Rire Especially since I want a big family since I myself come from a big family. My best friend told me if I want a big family (Four kids would be nice), I should start now. I laughed and said "With who?" I'd actually like all of my kids to have the same dad, not a different dad for each kid. Besides, I only believe in completely monogamous relationships, anyway. It's all for one and one for all. I have a great aunt who has 17 kids and each one of those kids has a different dad! Surpris (I'm not making that up, either!) As much as I'd love to have a baby of my own, I also want to share that experience with someone else who wants it just as bad. I also want to be with a guy who'll be an excellent dad.

I really shouldn't worry about it, though. I've had all my checkups and according to my doctor I'm good. He said right now if I was to become pregnant I'd probably have no problems becoming so and when the time comes I should have very healthy, screaming, crying, kicking, pooping babies. Rire (Those were his exact words and I laughed when he said that.)

Anyway, I hope my sis starts feeling better tomorrow. She'll be in the hospital up until Friday, then she gets to go home. She has always had health problems. She had Meningitis when she was two months old and was sick a lot up until she was four years old. She has Panic Disorder (As does me and my other sister, the 37 year old. The oldest sister doesn't have it, or if she does, she's better at hiding it than the rest of us are.) She had the ectopic pregnancy and fibroid tumors, and when she was pregnant with my nephew she was sick the whole nine months.

Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surpris

I'm sorry that your sister(s) had to go through all that. I hope you and your other sisters are spared the same pain and heartache.
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is not doing good right now.

She's having some complications from the surgery and is losing some blood. Her doctor wants her to get a blood transfusion, but she's scared of doing that. He gave her the option of doing the blood transfusion or taking iron pills, but he said she'd have a slower recovery if she decided to take the pills. She told him she'd take the pills, but a friend of hers that's a nurse said she really needs to have the transfusion. She's at the point right now where if she loses any more blood she could have heart failure.

We're begging her to change her mind because it's starting to get really scary.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She decided to get the blood transfusion and she's getting it now. Sourire

Her doctor told her that it will still be awhile before she fully recovers, but the transfusion will help speed her recovery up.

I was going to go see her today but I can't because she's getting it done right now. Tomorrow I should be able to go see her.

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a scary thing to go through! My best wishes to you! Sourire

Thanks to all that supported my site for 7 years, I hope to see you at my site, rocketpowerheat.tripod.com! Sourire Très content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Star
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope the blood transfusion goes well and that she'll be on her way to getting better. Bravo
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from seeing her and she's going home tomorrow. Bravo

She's still really sore, but everything went well yesterday and she's been given the "All clear".

Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great! Très content
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear your sister's fine again Sourire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: